HFO, please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - PM it to me, I will ensure it gets distributed to the correct people. I have some complaints lodged with OFT as well, might see if they want an update.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Lottie, can I have the details please. I would like to send my complaint to the Man that is investigating the HFO/TR debacale

i have PM,d you the contact.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I emailed the Notice of Dispute, as I got a bit wobbly when a 'scheule of litigation' arrived today. Got his back just now:

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your email. The contents of which have been duly noted. I sincerely hope this response covers all the points raised in your communication.

Firstly, please could you kindly outline your complaints on harassment to us so we can attempt to address the situation. Having reviewed this matter, I can happily confirm that at no point did our actions breach the Administration Of Justice Act 1970, Section 40.

I can confirm that we are in receipt of your formal request dated the 14/11/10 requesting for a true signed agreement. I would like you to note that your request has been processed and we are awaiting the response from the original vendor. As this account is in dispute, until the requested information is received, we shall not conduct any further collections activity. Please refer to the Office Of Fair Trading’s press release dated 16th October 2010 which can be found here : xxxx

I note your comment “Therefore this account has become currently unenforceable at law”, again, please refer to the above press release.

It has always been our intention to work with our customers to resolve this matter. It would be very useful for us to be made aware on what facts / feelings your complaints are based, merely stating that you have made a complaint does not assist us to address any issues which may have distressed you.

I encourage you to contact me on 0203 024 9607 and resolve the matter at your earliest convenience.

For any clarification , please contact

Amita Choudhary

0203 024 9607

Account Manager

Regards

accountmanagemen

Are you able to post up the Schedule of Litigation letter? Someone else got one of those today but had no means of scanning it - I think that piece of correspondence is worthy of a few complaints in itself.

donate

I've seen one of their Schedule of Litigation letters, it basically is a has of the old "When we get our CCJ we will do the following....." Doesn't tell you that YOU have a right to defend and that you have a right to counterclaim, just assumes you are going to roll over and let them win.... a complete misuse of the law. Unfortunately I can't get a copy of the one I saw but it is really nasty.

Sgtarts of with

You wll receive a 7 day notice of legal action from our solicitors then you have 14 days to judgement, then after judgement we will go for attachment of earnings, arrestment of bank account, charging order on property.

Bart123 is a character who has been viewing HFO threads - don't worry about him. If you look at the bottom of the thread you can see who is viewing at the time but Bart was not around this pm.

That letter is total codswollop so don't worry about it but you must add it to your list of complaints. You should also send a complain to the publisher of the leaflets, with a copy of the letter, and ask them why you have been sent this with a letter making unsubstantiated threats and demands for an alleged debt that you are challenging.

I think HFO are getting a bit desperate.

donate

Let see if I've done this right, it should be below!

Who is Bart, they reply I got from today was around 4.30pm if that helps!

Seems strange that at around 2.00 ish you mention you have OFT complaint and that at 4.30 they send you what by HFO terms is a love letter. :-)

That litigations schedule is total tosh to put it lightley.

They are claiming they can go from letter before action - to obtaining a charging order/attachemt of earnings etc within 7/8 weeks. They also give the impression that this process will happen like this if you dont agree to come to a settlement .

It's a scare tactic playing on peoples ignorance.

I would add his to your complaint to the OFT if you have not already done so.