Won my appeal a week before the tribunal.

doktorjohn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got a call from jobcentreplus; They have decided to "change their decision" and re-instate my IB. :smile:

A nice respite before they crucify me with ESA next year.

What a waste of time to put me through 8 months of hardship and anxiety waiting for the appeal only to realise they were wrong.

Thanks to everyone on this website who supported and advised me, you gave me the chance to fight and win. I might not have fought it otherwise.

I keep thinking it's a prank call to trick me and I can't wait to get it in writing.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

I will still carry on with this website because I still feel crushed by the weight of the future thanks to the new benefit plans that the government have put in place. (Plus any more evil plots they may yet devise).

I was getting better before they plunged me into poverty and promised me a bitter struggle for survival over the next 10 years.

Sounds melodramatic? Some of you will know I'm not exaggerating.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Well done. :)

Do they pay back benefit you missed out on? They have reversed their decision after all

I too am on IB and have a visit later this week. (scared as hell). I am not looking forward to the change over to ESA.

Yes I should get all my backpay but I want to see it in writing (and in my bank account).

dj

Thanks beez. It's a great feeling. :whoo:

dj

The woman who rang me said that they had only now just got sight of the letter from my Doctor backing up everything I said in my appeal.

It's like she was making up some excuse as to why they didn't reverse the decision before. I sent the doctor's letter together with my evidence about 6 months ago, it wasn't sent separately if you see what I mean.

dj

The woman who rang me said that they had only now just got sight of the letter from my Doctor backing up everything I said in my appeal.

It's like she was making up some excuse as to why they didn't reverse the decision before. I sent the doctor's letter together with my evidence about 6 months ago, it wasn't sent separately if you see what I mean.

dj

Well done DJ,

As you said your appeale was on monday 15th, i would phone the tribunal just to see if they got word about the reversal of your IS, it might be some hoax to stop you going to the tribunal. i dont trust that lot one little bit it's me mind going mad.

pleased for you.

I think it's legit. I have seen people on this forum saying that their decisions were changed a week or two before the appeal but they weren't told about it till they got there.

dj

I think what really swung it for my case was that I gave my GP the list of descriptors that I was fighting for and she specifically wrote about those issues.

dj

Well I got a computer generated letter today saying that my benefit will continue without having to get medical certificates so it's not a nasty prank.

They will take their time to sort out my money but I've waited 8 months already. At least they can't appeal against the tribunal's decision because it was their own decision.

dj

Basking yes. But no money yet and all too aware of an iffy future; I won't qualify for ESA as things stand.

And the penalties for not working will be harsh so I will try and work but it will be so hard.

The win does give me the respite I need to pay my bills and prepare for the future.

If I had lost, I would be in trouble right now. Phew! Scary stuff!

Did you see that "Trillion Dollar Horror Story", it made me realise how stupid our country is.

And that we have no parties worth voting for.

dj