Hilesden securities court papers received ** Discontinued ***

john
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why isn't there an boot up the ass smiley on here? :lol:

:D I looked for one as well !!!

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That all sounds brilliant, thanks a lot for taking the time to draft the letter Elsa. Will get the letter done and ready to post on Monday and see what happens then. A boot up the bum is probably what they need to stop these unfounded claims.

dlc.pdf

letter above recieved from dlc, sent before the telephone conversation. Do I send letter of reply below to Yvonne Brackenboro?

Further to our telephone conversation on 3rd March 2011 in relation to costs for the above case, I write to confirm the elements of the conversation and reiterate that all further discussions on this matter should be in writing. Furthermore I will copy all correspondence to the Court.

In précis, you state that you would never pay the costs I have submitted, have no knowledge of my submission of an N244 and that you are not liable for costs after the Allocation Questionnaire. You made an offer of £100, which I declined and stated I was quite willing to go back to Court. In response you stated you did not wish this to go to Court and wished to come to some agreement.

I believe this is an accurate summary of the conversation.

Further to my verbal response, I would reiterate that I feel your offer of £100 is derisory and unrealistic to the point of insult. Indeed, it could be construed as an attempt to take advantage of the lack of knowledge of a Litigant in Person.

I have followed the recommended guidelines and clearly and fairly calculated my costs. Obviously your offer would not even cover out of pocket expenses, let alone reflect the many hours of work and research involved in dealing with your attempted claim as a Litigant in Person. Had I engaged Legal representation my costs would have been significantly higher.

Turning to your belief that you are not liable for costs after the AQ, as I’m sure you must be aware, this only applies once a track has been allocated. The case was trackless when you discontinued, hence full costs are payable, as I’m sure the Court will agree. (See:- CPR practice directions SECTION 15 COSTS ON THE SMALL CLAIMS TRACK AND FAST TRACK: RULE 44.9 15.1(1) Before a claim is allocated to one of those tracks the court is not restricted by any of the special rules that apply to that track.)

Hence unless we can come to a more realistic and fair agreement based on my submitted figures, I am quite prepared to apply to the Court for costs to be assessed on the indemnity basis due to your conduct both up to and following your discontinuance of your ill-conceived claim. This will obviously incur further costs, and I reserve the right to appoint legal representation in this matter.

I look forward to a satisfactory response within 7 days,

added the CPR rule gh2008 quoted, thought it might add some clout?

Edited by john

Hi :-)

Good idea to add the quote.

Yes, I would think the letter needs to go to her at DLC. If it wasn't her you spoke to amend it to "Further to the telephone conversation with your office".

They will pass it on to Aplins if necessary.

...put CC Court Manager xxxx court at the bottom

So I need to send a copy to court? Do I send a copy of their letter to me with it? Is the court file still open after the claimant has discontinued? Sorry for all the questions.

So I need to send a copy to court? Do I send a copy of their letter to me with it? Is the court file still open after the claimant has discontinued? Sorry for all the questions.

Yes

No, don't worry

Yes

:D

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Is this OK for the cover letter to court, please?

Dear Court Manager

I am enclosing a letter sent by myself, the defendant, to the claimant in regards to the above case and request that it be put on file for future reference.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Letter to DLC and copy to court sent recorded on Monday so just waiting for their reply!!!!!!!!!!

Arent we all :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

cool 8-)

Sorry missed this update - have been a little busy elsewhere !!

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

suewell, you would do better to start a thread of your own rather than attach to the bottom of a long running thread :)

I also believe that postjjg hasnt been on the forum for a little while.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hold still and I will sort it out for you and send a link via private message.

BCOBS

BCOBS