Any News On Aberdeen Or Burnley IS To ESA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Still waiting:roll:

Update from Aberdeen,

From B & W.

I'm in Aberdeen (one of the trial areas). I have previously been PCA-exempt but have rec'd an ESA50, so don't hold your breath if you were expecting any special or priviledged treatment during migration/re-assessment.

(edit)

Edited by ErikaPNP
unauthorised link removed

• 4 weeks later...

Not in Aberdeen or Burnley, but waiting every day for my ESA50 to arrive.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't a clue!

But googling Burnley IS to ESA brings up some interesting (if not quite worrying) results

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=opera&hs=0x1&rls=en&channel=suggest&q=BURNLEY+PARTNERS+WORKLESSNESS+GROUP+december&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

These meeting minutes 30 Sep 2010 looks like something you maybe interested in http://burnleycommunity.net/30910.pdf

There appears to be Worklessness group for every Council and a quick scan got me an action plan for a council from 2005 so they'll go back a lot further than that me thinks

Attending:

Mike Cook Burnley Borough Council

Ann Marie Wrigley Burnley Community Network

Tony Harrison Burnley Community Network

Steve Rowland Young Peoples Service

Joseph Spears-Smith Lancashire County Developments Ltd

Christine Launder SW Burnley Community Centre Enterprise Centre

Stuart Graham Calico Partnerships

Maureen Kelly Burnley College

Ian Plested Burnley Borough Council

Liz Jacobs Department for Work and Pensions

Sally Barnes Jobcentre Plus

seem to say they are monitoring it and that they'll discuss it further in Decembers meeting. Had a quick search yesterday & couldn't find so they're probably not released yet or you could ask the council for em?

I'd expect Aberdeen to have a similar group.

• 4 weeks later...

"With the national 'IB(IS) Reassessment exercise' due to commence from 28 February 2011, the DWP has provided an update on the almost 1,700 claimants who have already started having their benefit reassessed as part of a trial that has been taking place in Aberdeen and Burnley since October 2010.

In new guidance issued to local authority housing benefit departments, the DWP advises that -

'As of 27 January 2011, the IB/IS Reassessment customer journey has commenced for 1693 of the 1700 customers; with a small number of customers opting to withdraw from the reassessment exercise and cease their IB claim.

Figures up to 27 January 2011 [show that] -

• 834 customers have been allowed ESA, of those

• 389 have moved into the Support Group

• 445 have moved into the Work Related Activity Group

[*]
    332 customers have been disallowed ESA

[*]
    123 appeals have been received by Jobcentre Plus so far. But as yet, no appeal decisions have been made. 21 customers have however been successfully awarded ESA upon reconsideration of their case pre-appeal.'

NB - approximately 1,000 cases per week will begin to be reassesed as part of the national roll out of the reassessment exercise from 28 February 2011, the DWP adds, rising to 7,000 cases per week from 4 April 2011 and 11,000 cases per week from 9 May 2011."

So there 2 and half million people on IB the government want to retest for ESA with in 3 years

Say it's 11000 a week are tested ? it could be more or less

but i think there No way they can do 11000 a week JCP,ATOS and Appeals tribunal cannot cope now

11000 x 52 = 572000 a year

If my maths is right,that's 1716000 over 3 years

There going to be a hell of a lot of paper checks done !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

It's beginning to filter through

http://www.disabilityalliance.org/hbctb-g2-2011.doc

http://www.disabilityalliance.org/ibmigrate2.htm

Progress so far

6 As of 27 January 2011 the IB/IS Reassessment customer journey has commenced for 1693 of the 1700 customers; with a small number of customers opting to withdraw from the reassessment exercise and cease their IB claim.

7 Figures up to 27 January 2011

• 834 customers have been allowed ESA, of those

- 389 have moved into the Support Group

- 445 have moved into the Work Related Activity Group

• 332 customers have been disallowed ESA

• 123 appeals have been received by Jobcentre Plus so far. But as yet, no appeal decisions have been made. 21 customers have however been successfully awarded ESA upon reconsideration of their case pre-appeal

I cant see any difference to what paulb1310 Posted on user-offline.png8th February 2011 16:46

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...