• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Car faulty after just 1 month - Help!

birdyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey again.

Received letter today to confirm my VT has been accepted :whoo:

However, letter also states that I am liable for £1342.50 in repairs. If I make payment within 4 days of letter, it will be reduced by 10%. Woopee doo!

I have found a picture of my car on the forecourt showing 2 signs of repair before I even had it!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/birdyboyuk/Zafira%20Pics/Zafiraforecourt.jpg

Bottom right of windscreen is crack. Left door mirror has a dent in it.

As you will see the car was RAC inspected.

The report states that a spare tyre was present, but when purchased it wasn't there. The garage was aware and I have an email trail that includes the following quote from them

Also I understand Richard spoke to Vx about the spare wheel and it was them who informed us that this model does not have a spare.
The report unfortunately doesn't mention the crack or door mirror so probably can't use this as proof.

The rest of the repairs required are 'poor repairs' to the following door panels:

Rear Door R

Front Door L

Rear Door L

Quarter Panel L

A couple of light scratches and a chip in the bonnet.

Here's an album off my car when it was last in for repair for the DPF in January.

The car may be dirty, but can anyone see any 'poor repairs' to door panels?

The car came back to me in the same condition!

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/birdyboyuk/Zafira%20Pics/

Unfortunately, I have no pics later than this.

I guess I now need to send a letter to finance company disputing the 'repairs'.

Does anyone have any further advice?

Thanks

Capital One PPI Claim - Clicky!

24/10/11 - Message sent to request PPI refund

25/11/11 - Letter received with offer of £158.04 (Works out at 2 years worth. Account held 7 years)

30/12/11 - Letter received to say sig does not match records after requesting SAR

30/01/12 - SAR received (after letter sent and phonecall to prove sig)

11/02/12 - PPI Demand letter sent

10/04/12 - Letter received with same offer as 25th Nov 2011

Dispute with car dealership - Clicky!

Successful

Halifax - £1110.00 :eek: (Closed Account) WON!!

28/11/06 - Pre-Lim with Schedule of Charges sent!

02/12/06 - Aknowledgment received (30th Nov)

11/12/06 - Phone call with offer

13/12/06 - Letter received confirming offer - Phoned up and asked to increase to £1000, offer accepted!

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have also noticed on the letter, it states:

From the Inspection Report that you signed to agree to the damages required and the items returned to us

I signed to say that I disagreed with the damages. I signed a handheld device and the guy put a D next to it, I assume to mark it as 'disagree'

25/11/11 - Letter received with offer of £158.04 (Works out at 2 years worth. Account held 7 years)

30/12/11 - Letter received to say sig does not match records after requesting SAR

Successful

13/12/06 - Letter received confirming offer - Phoned up and asked to increase to £1000, offer accepted!

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

What make it all a total load of bulls poo is if the damage is £1342.50, how and more importantly, 'why' are they reducing it.

First thing would be to ask for a copy of the bill for the repairs which should show who has given the quote or done the repairs.

Edited by Conniff

Clearly the finance co will be aware of all the history on this and no doubt you still have a paper trail. You obviously know what issues were with the car when you bought it so I would list those and inform the finance co that they should take these up with the seller.

No way should you be paying for them.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I now have an email prepped. Just needs looking over 1st before I send.

Sailor Sam, would you like to see a copy before I send also? You may be able to add something useful! :)

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

Feel free to PM it to me.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't get back to your PM Sam.

Well, email has been sent (24/08/11). I sent from Outlook requesting a read receipt and delivery receipt. Got none of those, so I sent again on 01/09/11, again, have yet to have a response.

I'm not going to bother chasing them up.

I have also had the refund on my car tax and I am no longer the registered keeper. :)

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

Sorry I didn't get back to your PM Sam.

Well, email has been sent (24/08/11). I sent from Outlook requesting a read receipt and delivery receipt. Got none of those, so I sent again on 01/09/11, again, have yet to have a response.

I'm not going to bother chasing them up.

I have also had the refund on my car tax and I am no longer the registered keeper. :)

my word birdy i have read your saga all the way through & i really feel sorry for you & really glad it was not me haveing all that trouble that you have had !, it sounds a bit selfish. i hope now you are a bit wiser on the purchase of your next car , if you can, do not go in to debt for one , my last car i bought in 2003 NEW was £13000 i have still got it with only 48,000 miles on the clock & worth no more than £2,000 , look at the money lost in depreciation!!! . but i have not spent to much on its upkeep, cambelt , brakes , tyres , yes but nothing out of the ordinary. i hope the next purchase you make is a good one a bit of good luck & a bit of self service on maintenance & try & keep away from the dealers & buy at the right price !! then you have a bit of money in reserve if you are unlucky with breakdowns.

best regards

mr bean!

Edited by robotrobo
new car in 2003

Hi All,

Birdyboy i feel gutted for you, you bought this vehicle in good faith, yet someone knew the history of this vehicle yet they, didn't disclose it's history.

Why is it that finance company's can get away with chargeing over the top price's, and their garages can charge what ever they want because it say's in the contract.

Two finance company's told me i wasn't allowed to have an independant evualtion done on a vehicle, so i walked away.

Always ask for an evualtion on a vehicle if they don't allow this walk away.

• 1 month later...

Last & final update for you all! :)

Ok, after still not hearing from them, I emailed again and also sent a letter through registered post after a default had been put on my credit file.

I threatened them with FOS.

I received a phonecall yesterday from the finance company stating the 'repairs' have been wiped off (after looking at my photo evidence) and also the default shouldn't have been put on my file. (Some excuse about a supervisor dealing with it while the manager was on annual leave)

This is now going to be rectified and back dated to end of August.

So, now I can safely say,the matter is now closed! :whoo:

Thanks again for all the help and advice given.

Unfortunately, this means that if/when I buy a car in future, my confidence in purchasing one isn't going to be so great!

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

I'm in dispute with the finance company and dealer I bought my car off.

i bought the car 4 months ago (BMW 320th 03 plate 68,000 miles on the clock £4,500). A couple of weeks ago the car suffered engine failure. A 'Swirl Flap' had broken off and was ingested into the manifold and engine etc repairs have been estimated at approx £4,000.00. I have been trying to hold the finance company to account under the Sale of Goods Act (I have been receiving advice from Trading Standards). The finance company sent out DEKRA to carry out a engineers report. The issue here is if the 'fault' could have existed or been developing when I purchased the car. The DEKRA report states that the flap had failed suddenly and unpredictably and could not have been broken at time of purchase. It should be noted the finance company's instruction to the engineer was fairly leading and it was obvious what they wanted the outcome to be. I have corresponded with several BMW 'experts' that have suggested that the flaps can fail due to debris build up over a period of time (that is they can work loose etc), The report also suggests BMW have acknowledged this issue with improvements to the design although I have correspondence from them saying this is not the case.

i would welcome your comments,

Regards, Neil.

I'm in dispute with the finance company and dealer I bought my car off.

i would welcome your comments,

Regards, Neil.

hi neil.

sorry about your problem with your new car! , it sounds like you have gone down the correct avenue so far !, my question to you is did you not have some kind of warranty when you purchased the car , you normally get some kind of deal?, is the cost of the repair more than the purchase cost ?, i hope someone on hear can give you the advice you desperatley need .

good luck