Car faulty after just 1 month - Help!

birdyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think that will do the trick. Send to the court by FIRST class post and a copy to the respondent with a breif letter;

Dear sir,

Re; Case number xxxxxxx in the xxxxxxxxx county court

Myself (applicant) V xxxxxxxx (respondent)

I enclose by way of service a copy of my representation in the matter of costs in the above mentioned case.

Yours ect ect

(Applicant)

I would advise sending a copy to the court by email but you MUST send by post also.

Please keep us posted and good luck.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Sam.

Im sending the same letter to the defendant.

Bottom of the letter does say cc: Garage name

This is to indicate that they have been sent a copy.

I don't believe the court have an email address do they?

Also, just noticed on the letter from the court that it is stamped Newbury County Court, but has the Milton Keynes address all over it. I will be sending to the MK court.

Capital One PPI Claim - Clicky!

24/10/11 - Message sent to request PPI refund

25/11/11 - Letter received with offer of £158.04 (Works out at 2 years worth. Account held 7 years)

30/12/11 - Letter received to say sig does not match records after requesting SAR

30/01/12 - SAR received (after letter sent and phonecall to prove sig)

11/02/12 - PPI Demand letter sent

10/04/12 - Letter received with same offer as 25th Nov 2011

Dispute with car dealership - Clicky!

Successful

Halifax - £1110.00 :eek: (Closed Account) WON!!

28/11/06 - Pre-Lim with Schedule of Charges sent!

02/12/06 - Aknowledgment received (30th Nov)

11/12/06 - Phone call with offer

13/12/06 - Letter received confirming offer - Phoned up and asked to increase to £1000, offer accepted!

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

They should have. i'm just a tad concerned that you need to get it in on time. How far away do you live from the court? If not far, I would hand deliver it to the court office. Otherwise make sure it's in the post office first thing tomorrow.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Letter posted first thing this morning via Special Delivery so it will get there tomorrow.

Also send a copy 1st class recorded to defendant.

Another waiting game! :roll:

25/11/11 - Letter received with offer of £158.04 (Works out at 2 years worth. Account held 7 years)

30/12/11 - Letter received to say sig does not match records after requesting SAR

Successful

13/12/06 - Letter received confirming offer - Phoned up and asked to increase to £1000, offer accepted!

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

No letter received from the defendant. Letter to court was signed for on the 17th.

Im hopeful the defendant will have to pay my costs... 8-)

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

Wait and see what happens. I can't see the court not awarding your costs. If by some strange reason they do then I would be looking into appealing. If you do not get the respondent's representaion by Friday, I would inform the court.

Please Note

The deadline was last Friday 18th.

I had no letter from garage to contest the charges.

Im just waiting a letter from the court with the outcome I guess...will keep you posted.

Approaching the 1800 miles mark in my car now, touch wood, its been fine! :-D

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

If you do not get the respondent's represenations by tomorrow lunch time, I would inform the court.

Please Note

• 1 month later...

Been a while since my last update...oops!

Having called the court, the case was referred to another district judge last Tuesday (19th April). I am now just awaiting the outcome of that as to whether my costs would be awarded.

They were unable to tell me on the phone the outcome as it wasn't displayed yet.

Another waiting game! :roll:

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

Keep us posted.

Please Note

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

• 2 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

Received letter today.

It has been ordered that the Defendant shall contribute £267.00 towards the Claimants costs. This is payable by 20/05

Not the full amount, but enough that I am happy with! :whoo:

This will be going straight to my Dad to pay him back!

Well, its looks like this is the end of the road for me.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your help & input.

Without you, I wouldn't have got this far.

Thanks!

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

Another satisfied customer! Personally I thought you would be entitled to ALL the costs under the circumstances. Make sure the payment reaches you on time. If it doesn't come back and let us know.

Please Note

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Still waiting for their payment.

In other news, car has started playing up again! :sad:

Same warning light is on as before. Im going to get the EGR cleaned and see what that does. If nothing, then straight into a garage for diagnostics!

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

Dont you think that you should to contact the seller.... again.

Please Note

If I was to contact the seller, I can't see them being that helpful to be honest as I have now had the car for well over a year... Also, I don't really wanna face them! Im going to try and get the EGR cleaned tonight as never got to it over the weekend. My plan however, is to try and get a loan so I can pay half the HP agreement then do a VT. I just don't trust the car anymore!

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

Fully understand. I suggest that as soon as the 20th arrives that you complain to th ecourt if your money hasn't arrived. You can ask them to enforce the order by using bailiffs.

Please Note

Well, failed to take EGR valve off to clean as rounded one of the bolts - oops! Put back together, now have another fault code. ECN40004. My understanding is that this actually relates to EGR.

The other code ECN 190175 was the first one.

This happens to relate to the following:

P1901 Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor High Voltage C-032

P1901 Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor Low Voltage C-032

P1901 Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor Hose Line Malfunction B-031

P1901 Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor High Differential Pressure B-031

P1901 Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor Low Differential Pressure B-031

P1901 Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor Pressure not Plausible with Barometric Pressure B-031

P1901 Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor High Pressure C-032

P1901 Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor Low Pressure B-031

Im going to be booking car into garage after weekend to see whats wrong with it. I won't be driving it until then...

Edited by birdyboy
Formatting

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

Birdy,

These codes are all linked to the original fault with the DPF which was supposedly fixed. Does the DPF (first exhaust box back from the engine which should have 2 or 3 probes coming out of it) look new or like the rest of the exhaust system. I'd be surprised if it was the EGR valve, they don't normally give these codes from memory.

If the DPF is the same colour as the rest of the system then it looks like they have tried to fix the issue by "force regenerating" the system which only Vauxhall dealer can do. In some cases this can clear it out and might need a few goes but for it to come up with the same faults as originally mentioned does start to indicate the DPF might be near to terminal failure.

Get this checked out when you take it in. If they quote for a new DPF remember to ask how much they will give you for the old one. They should be exchange and if not make sure you get the old one back as there is quite a bit of precious metal in them.

Hi Helios.

The ECN40004 I'm 99% sure relates to EGR.

Wth regards to the DPF, when I took to VX the first time round, they were unable to force a re-gen, so no idea how it was fixed by the dealer.

Once I get the diagnostics back from VX, I will contact the garage that fixed it (I have the invoice) as surely the repair would have some kind of warranty on it? If it comes to that.

I've never looked under the car since it was repaired so no idea if it was replaced or not. I'll let VX tell me...

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

Got cheque today :)

I guess they have done all their bit now...

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

Car went to Vauxhall today.

DPF is at 98% full. The DPF pressures hoses also need replacing.

Vauxhall said they could force a re-gen which will bring the 98% down considerably, but couldn't say by how much. The normal operating number is normally 17%. This would cost me £96 odd. The hoses are £78 odd!

I called the garage that did the repairs (after court case) to find out what they did to repair it. They cleaned out the DPF basically. That was it.

They said there is no guarantee on this particular part as there are many contributors which can cause it fail.

They asked me what oil was put in. I said 10w40 as that what was used when Serviced & MOT'd last month by a different garage. They said thats the wrong oil.

When I got the service and MOT done I specifically said to use 05w30 oil but they said we will know what to use as it will be on the system. When I picked up from garage, 10w40 was used. They said it won't cause me any issues. I had to take their word for it. I called them today to explain and they are adamant the oil is not wrong.

I called another garage. A diesel specialist garage this time and they said the wrong oil was used too! (They can re-gen the DPF for cheaper) I've asked if they can send me their information sheet which would show what oil to use once they tap details into the system.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any other information whatsoever on what is the right oil, is there a wrong oil...there doesn't appear to be an answer and its driving me mad! I just want some concrete evidence that 10w40 oil is the wrong oil to use. If I have this, then thats my ammo to get whichever garage to sort the issue out.

So, looks like I'm back to square 1 again :sad:

I just want rid of this car now. Im going to call finance company to get a redemption figure to work out how much is left to pay upto half the finance then VT the bloody thing!

Well, back to my mum's R reg Kia Pride which has been going since new with only a gearbox in that time! :oops:

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

• 1 month later...

Quick update! I've decided I will now keep the car for a little longer. Car went to Vauxhall for a replacement Intake Manifold & Swirl flaps, Differential Pressure sensor and DPF pipes were replaced. Total cost £567! Thats with a 50% contribution from VX too! If car will keep going for at least 6 months, I'll be happy. After 6 months, that will be half the finance paid, I can then hand back if needs be. As a major part has been replaced, hopefully this will be the end of my troubles and the car will keep on going... I'm also guessing that at some point the DPF will need replacing. I can either fork out £400 for a refurb or fork out £400 to have it removed. The latter sounds the better option but will need to look into the implications. With regards to the oil, I have bought some 05w30 so when I get the chance, I will do an oil change. I guess there is nothing more I can do now so would just like to say thanks again for the support and advice given on this forum. :)

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

• 1 month later...

UPDATE Hey everyone. I hope we are all well? So, since my last post, I have now decided to VT my car. Reason being because I am being made redundant in a few weeks time and wouldn't be able to afford the running of it. Anyway, I owe just under £600 for me to VT the car. My letter was sent off to finance company and this morning they came to pick up and inspect. Here are the results. They say the front screen is cracked. It’s not! There’s a crack in the plastic bit which covers part of the windscreen. This was present when I bought it. Also, there wasn’t a spare wheel when I bought. I did say this, but they had to put it down anyway. The door mirror being distorted, again, was present when I bought it. No idea what the poor repairs are to door panels. I’ve had no repairs to them! Total cost: £1342.38 and thats excluding VAT! I signed the form to say I disagree with these costs. I have cancelled my direct debit to FC as I have the £600 to pay them now. I assume I wait for their contact now or should I call them up now to pay the £600? I have the report in PDF format which I can email if needed.

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000

Make it known to the finance house that they purchased those problems originally. If they are that concerned then they should have inspected the car when you purchased it. They agreed to finance (purchase) the car with no spare wheel etc and can't now insist there is one.

Good on cancelling the dd, it keeps you on top, make sure you stay on top and don't just cave into their stupid 1300 demand.

Ok. I have now paid the outstanding amount upto 50% of finance. DD has been cancelled too. Car was inspected by a company called Manheim. I had a voicemail which I have just listened too. Charges are currently £1342, however, they can lower this to £1288. They asked for me to give them a call. Do I ignore and await communication from finance company? There is no way I am paying for those costs as they are all cosmetic. Small chip in bonnet? Surely thats wear and tear!? I have a copy of report if anyone would like to see it...

Successful

13/12/06 - WON!! £1000