• Tweets

• Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
    • well post it here as a text in a the msg reply half of it is blanked out. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Need urgent advice on a 7 year old debt with hfo services ltd

mwf1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And I think an SAR to Barclaycard is absolutely essential now. In fact, I’d say it’s urgent. But within the SAR you need to specifically ask for certain items:

1. Full statements

2. When was the DN issued?

3. Copy of DN

4. When was account terminated?

5. Copy of termination notice

6. When was the account sold, exactly?

7. To whom, exactly, was the account sold?

8. Copy of Notice of Assignment

9. Copy of consumer credit agreement as signed by me

10. Call logs and correspondence re this account with regard to HFO/TR since the account was sold

... and anything else you may hold.

This will cost a tenner – please send it tomorrow. Get the rest of the SAR letter from the templates library.

Of course on point 9. Donkey means signed by you mwf1982 not by him - or anyone else who fancies signing it at the time :-)

i was told by another cagger not to send a sar at this time,i guess i do need to now.

I read that post and the cagger implied not to SAR HFO but Barclaycard, The first thing I advocate is to SAR the OC.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

MWF this is the letter to send to Barclaycard (the OC) with a Postal Order for £10: Send recorded delivery

[your address]

BARCLAYCARD

Data Protection Team

Dept LRC

Northampton

NN4 7SG

[DATE]

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNTNUMBER XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you. The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.

The data I require must include but is not limited to:

Original Credit Agreement

Full Statement of Accounts for the entire period

Copy of any Default Notice issued

Date of Default

Copy of any Termination Notice issue

Date of Termination

Copy of any Notice of Assignment

Exact date of assignment

Details of to whom the account was sold

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

[signature] put crosses through it

[name]

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Excellent VJ - I have made a copy of it. MWF Are you OK with sending this? I think that the problem is you were told previously not to send a SAR to HFO as this must go to Barclays.

donate

sorry havent been online for afew days due to me recently started a new job a month ago and i work nights, just checked to see when i am off work ive got 2 days off tuesday and wednesday,this week so i will send an sar to barclaycard on either of one of those days.and i will let you know when i get a reply.

I need to also check my letter from FOS cant remeber when there sent hfo a letter,has there had to reply in writeing to me within 8 weeks reguarding my compliant which has gone to the owner of hfo.

Edited by mwf1982

Hi MWF

Just sort this out when you have the time - the sooner the better. You need to send off the SAR request. Also, can you tell me what HFO put in the letter that they sent with the application form and did they send anything else?

In your CCA request you asked them for information regarding the payments made in 2007 - did they mention this at all?

If we know exactly what they have sent you - we can advise on what you should write back to them.

donate

sorry havent been online for afew days due to me recently started a new job a month ago and i work nights, just checked to see when i am off work ive got 2 days off tuesday and wednesday,this week so i will send an sar to barclaycard on either of one of those days.and i will let you know when i get a reply.

I need to also check my letter from FOS cant remeber when there sent hfo a letter,has there had to reply in writeing to me within 8 weeks reguarding my compliant which has gone to the owner of hfo.

The sooner the better M, it will take up to 40 days, the SAR is of high importance.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I haven't read past pg. 3 of this thread so apologise for missing anything... but... have HFO ever sent you an enforceable CCA on this account?

If not, then you're not legally onbliged to pay them anything at all. Don't think that a SAR will flush out a CCA because it doesn't always, so if that's the only clarification that you're after.... save yourself £10 and just write to HFO (by rec. delivery) and ASK if they hold have ever held an enforceable CCA pertaining to this account and if they do, to kindly confirm that fact in their response (CPUTR, 1988).

You may never hear from them again or, they'll huff and puff and try to pass off a re-construction as the real deal.... but they'd need to be very careful in their reponse in order not to fall foul of CPUTR 1988.

:-)

I haven't read past pg. 3 of this thread so apologise for missing anything... but... have HFO ever sent you an enforceable CCA on this account?

If not, then you're not legally onbliged to pay them anything at all. Don't think that a SAR will flush out a CCA because it doesn't always, so if that's the only clarification that you're after.... save yourself £10 and just write to HFO (by rec. delivery) and ASK if they hold have ever held an enforceable CCA pertaining to this account and if they do, to kindly confirm that fact in their response (CPUTR, 1988).

You may never hear from them again or, they'll huff and puff and try to pass off a re-construction as the real deal.... but they'd need to be very careful in their reponse in order not to fall foul of CPUTR 1988.

Where do you think HFO will get the agreement from.

With HFO there are other issues, like assignment, this is why the SAR is a priority.

Where do you think HFO will get the agreement from.

With HFO there are other issues, like assignment, this is why the SAR is a priority.

They might not get the Agreement and until they do, they can't enforce it.... and if they can't enforce it because they haven't got one, it doesn't matter what type of assignment it was.

For the record, if they are saying that they can take legal action themselves, then the account's been sold by Absolute Assignment. This means that it will have nothing to do with Barclaycard anymore..... so if they've bought an account without the paperwork to enforce it.... that's their problem and not yours....

By the sound of it, they're hoping you won't realise.

Thanks PriorityOne useful advice and we will help MWF send an appropriate response to HFO. MWF has an alleged debt here that should be Stat Barred but is getting unbelievable hassle from HFO which is not only distressing but is the subject of official complaints.

The reason for requesting the SAR is so that MWF has enough evidence to defend any more actions by HFO, you find that documents suddenly 'turn up' and also to actually find out if HFO have any legal right for the appalling behaviour they have displayed over the last few months in this case, which as I have said are the subject of complaint.

donate

Thanks PriorityOne useful advice and we will help MWF send an appropriate response to HFO. MWF has an alleged debt here that should be Stat Barred but is getting unbelievable hassle from HFO which is not only distressing but is the subject of official complaints.

The reason for requesting the SAR is so that MWF has enough evidence to defend any more actions by HFO, you find that documents suddenly 'turn up' and also to actually find out if HFO have any legal right for the appalling behaviour they have displayed over the last few months in this case, which as I have said are the subject of complaint.

He will get unbelievable hassle if it's close to being stat. barred because they want to flush money out before it's too late for them to do it.

As for complaining, the official bodies are unlikely to help you in the way that you think. Basically HFO either have a CCA or they don't... that's all a court will be interested in. If you put the onus of proof onto HFO by quoting CUPTR 1988, they may well back off.

They might not get the Agreement and until they do, they can't enforce it.... and if they can't enforce it because they haven't got one, it doesn't matter what type of assignment it was.

For the record, if they are saying that they can take legal action themselves, then the account's been sold by Absolute Assignment. This means that it will have nothing to do with Barclaycard anymore..... so if they've bought an account without the paperwork to enforce it.... that's their problem and not yours....

By the sound of it, they're hoping you won't realise.

HFO never have the paperwork, but the OC is always willing to help out, they will even start action without the paperwork, they did against me.

My SAR to the OC revealed interesting info which helped me to win in the end.

MWF has already been informed the account was sold to someone other than HFO, but needs written proof, the SAR should reveal this.

Edited by broken arrow

HFO never have the paperwork, but the OC is alwaws willing to help out, they will even start action without the paperwork, they did against me.

My SAR to the OC revealed interesting info which helped me to win in the end.

MWF has already been informed the account was sold to someone other than HFO, but needs written proof, the SAR should reveal this.

"HFO never have the paperwork".... enough said :-)

Creditors/DCAs can and will start legal action if they think there's any chance of getting Judgement by default. I'm glad that a SAR helped in your case but had they been aware that you knew your legal rights before they took it to court, it might never have got there in the first place.

That's one of the points I'm trying to make.... each to their own though.

So, mwf the consensus of the HFO fan club will be the SAR to Barclaycard and as a minimum, confirmation in writing of who and when the account was sold to.

Here is an SAR I knocked up which is the same as above... however, I have used a home-made signature guard which I print off on all docs these days.

Fill in your details and then send it off TOMORROW!

If you use VJ,s SAR template post 309 it has a signature guard.

hi mwf

just sort this out when you have the time - the sooner the better. You need to send off the sar request. Also, can you tell me what hfo put in the letter that they sent with the application form and did they send anything else?

In your cca request you asked them for information regarding the payments made in 2007 - did they mention this at all?

If we know exactly what they have sent you - we can advise on what you should write back to them.

hi again coledog

i requested a cca about 2 and half months ago from hfo and there just sent me a copy of a appication form,with not my hand writeing on and it has the wrong date of birth on the appication.and its also not my signature.

On the letter it just says heres the documents you requested please contact your debt manager .there never sent any infomation on these payments there said there received in january 2007.i did ask for the evidence but never received anything reguard this.