Cabot/morgan Claimform Morgan stanley card debt **struck out**

Hadituptohere
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just Spoken to the case manager and NO N170 received from the Claimant, I dont need to do anything else the court will be in touch very soon.....

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fantastic!:D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hadituptohere, that is brilliant:D

Would you mind very much if we copied your image to a new thread asking others to indicate if they too, have had problems with not just Cabot, but other solicitors as well who are messing the courts around ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi citizenB

No problem whatsoever, glad it will come to good use.

Hadituptohere

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Hi citizenB

Hadituptohere

Excellent, thank you.

:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi citizenB

Hadituptohere

New thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/261832-judge-not-impressed-cpr.html#post2955146

It will be interesting to see if others have the same problems. :)

BCOBS

Excellent news hadit!!

Maybe requesting a transfer of proceedings to Burnley for CAGers in future??

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Well im not celebrating until I get the order that its struck out, fingers crossed

Hadituptohere

Well im not celebrating until I get the order that its struck out, fingers crossed

Wise man ;)

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• 3 weeks later...

Hehehehe just been on the telephone to the court, case Struck Out 15/06/2010..Yayyyyyyyyy

Need help with my costs as they have been awarded at the scrutiny of the DJ and need to get them in asap.

Yesssssss...

Hadituptohere

Hehehehe just been on the telephone to the court, case Struck Out 15/06/2010..Yayyyyyyyyy

Need help with my costs as they have been awarded at the scrutiny of the DJ and need to get them in asap.

Yesssssss...

Hadituptohere

Absolutely brilliant. I will amend your title for you and find some info on costs. :D

BCOBS

dont be too keen on costs

they have 7 days to set the order aside, so , wait 7 days from reciept of the order til you hit them with costs, you dont want to jog their memory do you

As per pt's advice, wait until you get the order from the court.. but below is a link to a costs sheet by vjohn82 that will give you some idea.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2873020.html

Well you need to calculate ALL of the time you have spend defending the case.

You can claim £9.25 p/h, 40p per mile travelled and all of your other disbursements (printing costs/postage etc)

I will attach an example for you to follow:

Attached Filesxls.gifCosts Schedule Example.xls (28.5 KB, 10 views)

BCOBS

Thanks citizenB and pt , all taken on board, im sure the DJ wouldnt be to pleased if they go for setaside as it was struck out for breaching CPR, they would have a lot of explaining to do and the DJ seems to have the measure of morgans ;)

Hadituptohere

It would be nice if they did issue sanctions as cabot keep sending me silly discounted offers to settle the alledged MSDW card they claim to own, ive gone through all the charges included and PPI and this more than clears the alledged debt. Will have to await cabot next move on that one...

Hadituptohere

Keep this tucked into your useful folder as it's all about Wasted Costs.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1701510.html

As PT says just hold steady but it's looking good.

BTW I had a re-read of your thread and missed a whole section on the assignment (I had an op so was out of action) but this is something I had a battle with them over some time back so it was interesting to see what you all had dug out. This is my account of it all:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/120057-cabot-test-case.htm

I neglected to get them to agree to remove all negative information registered with the credit reference agencies but to be honest it is probably SB now anyway and I didn't want to borrow etc so didn't bother. You need to have a go at them over this as well as the costs.

If they don't agree (and I think we can all guess they won't) you could attempt to sue them or just write to each CRA with a copy of the Judge's order and tell them to remove info or else.

It's still a battle but you have done brilliantly well against a very nasty and aggressive debt collector.

Note to Cabot - looking forward to this year's accounts being published. ;)

Edited by Rhia
Add link
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the wasted cost thread and couldnt have done all this without the excellent help of the members of CAG Rhia, all the adverse defaults from cabot have dropped off now but still thinking about damage to credit for the last six years, also got my reply from OFT it was a standard reply but requesting consent to use on any future action taken.

Hadituptohere

Excellent Hadit! :)

Top marks for perserverance, you deserve this.

Thanks for all your help foolishgirl, vjohn and cymruambyth, still a bit of work to do yet ;)

Hadituptohere