Held to ransom by Utilities Warehouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Want2getaway, just a follow up to your original post.

I have now found out that this is happening (particularly in London but also in other areas) because apparently many exchanges are running out of numbers. In London for example you might now get 0203 instead of 0208.

This is probably what happened to you. UW had 2 choices, (1) issue you with a "pool" number ie one that was previously allocated to someone else or (2) issue you with a brand new number but as your local exchange didn't have any, the area code was changed to allow this to happen.

Regarding your other problem I can only think there has been a mix up or some sort. If you transferred your number from BT to UW (LLU) then you would have to transfer back to BT and this should not normally be a problem, and you wouldn't need a new BT line.

A MAC number will be given providing you are no longer under contract and the account is up to date.

I cannot see any reason for your problems unless there is something else we are not aware of.

You have left UW but I for one would be interested to know what led to this situation.

Reading the thread of what happens to a cagger with an issue properly should tell you all you need to know.. Sometimes biased parties cant see the woods for the trees on a complaint a bit like when you ring up a company unhappy and complain, they think you want to kiss them thanks for such a lovely service. Programmed into their heads nowt wrong here mate must be customer maoning for sake of it:eek:

Of course op is able to comment for themselves when a reader cannot see the problem many other manage to see in a second, as in not biased and dont need to become all touchy feely when their company name is mentioned,kiss kiss not needed ha ha ha. Talk about kiss ***:-D

Apologies to op but certain caggers who like a certain company are getting to me a little by the need to personalise their one sided opinions with every issue to the extent their already unhelpful and irelevant opinions on other threads seem to seep everywhere.

Anotherwords for uw distributors if you can really help an op good, if you cant and just want to talk up a company name with no help, butt out mate xx

Shining light you could always start your own thread, can I suggest, Utility warehouse the love of my life, or, Utility warehouse my first love or even Utility warehouse from an energy/bundle addicts perspective :) xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sorry couldnt resist it, it is getting a bit silly all this defensive distributors swarming around anything raising uw and the odd thing is they dont ever help resolve anything other than point out how silly they are.

Edited by loopinlouie

Yes as others have notice.

The problem starts with what they call broadcall. A service which was actually slower than my BT and Orange service and four times as expensive. I was told by the person who convinced me to move across (who I now know to be a salesperson) that they could get me faster broadband.

I want away. I cannot get away because my number has been placed on a list that UTW has that stops other companies transferring it. The only solution is to have a new BT line installed (remember I came from BT to them). I have reminded UTW of their requirements under Condition 18 of the Porting Authority Codes, only to get the company line read to me.

So forget the baloney about running out of numbers, out area codes changed from 01203 to 02476 to allow for that (Nice lady from BT confirms that they would only run out of numbers in 20 or so years and some service resellers move a customers number onto a block they bulk buy).

I can get away from UTW, it means having to order another BT line, I will therefore lose telephone service (at least I have a mobile) and broadband for a few weeks.

BT have also managed to find me one of those numbers that the UTW poster (please I did say if you are a covert UTW reseller/agent/evangelist, not to reply to my thread, unless you work in their ops centre and can move me) said were running out.

As I said at the start, I have no problem with their gas and electric, I was not up to speed to see if they were cheaper, it was all about paying £25.00 for broadcall and for no real reason paying £4-6 per month for non inclusive calls that we never with BT. So we can get a much cheaper deal elsewhere.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
"fleecing the public and are a [problem]"

Hmm, lets see:

A growing customers base.

PLC of the year last year

Top rated by various 3rd parties many times.

Funny thing, I was talking to a friend of mine a few weeks back who has been a customer for about 5 yrs now, and he said his average monthly bill is around £68....that's for Broadband, Line rental, calls to UK landlines + 0845/0870 + 10 international destinations + gas & electricity, and he has a detached property, now he is a very "happy bunny."

Th great thing is we all have the freedom of choice to go with whoever we want.

Shining Light

If you were doing your job well, we would not have all this complaints about Utility warehouse. Utility warehouse is desperate keeping the customers. Why else you are fighting here everyday, making untrue compliments. If UWH had the confidence as you are insisting, you would not be in this position. You would have relaxed and allowing customers decide that. And to be honest with you - i believe that UWH's customer base is shrinking, not growing. Your defence is a witness for that.