info on shopping car parks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI there

Away back in March I parked my car at the shopping centre free car park at woolworths. When I came back 2 and half hours later I had a ticket from a company called BPM Group Services it said on ticket I was to pay £85. I was told ignore it by a memeber of my family that was with me so i did. A few months later I had forgotten about it and received a letter from a credit agency in Londonsaying that BPM had asked to get in contact with me and they now want £95.00. I am raging so sent a letter stating what I had read on here about

Under the 1991 Act, they must also clearly identified as a Parking Attendant. ie. If they are not wearing a hat, or epaulettes then they cannot issue a ticket.

I said that in the car park its just young boys hanging around on corner wearing bright yellow jackets giving out tickets where they liked also aske if they could prove I was in the car park. They have asked me to send away a copy of my tax disc which I refused to do.

My question is can they legally persue me for the £95.00

Cheers Debs

Capital One Letter sent reqesting £320.00 25/07/06

Sainsburys bank Offered me £225 half what asked for letter sent 24/07/06 accepting £225 as partial payment

Barclaycard Offered me £156 half what asked for letter sent 25/07/06 accepting £156 as partial payment

want all the money owned to ME

Its a private parking company and ive never ever heard that they have taken somebody to court and won.

Forget about it.

If your really concerned, send them a letter saying you dont think there charge is proportionate to your breach of contract etc. and that they should sue you if they want the money.

Tom

Before you take any legal action, please read through the

FAQ's, then if you dont understand something, please ask for advice ;) .

If theres a thread in which you think I could help, please PM me using the Private Messaging facility in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Advice & opinions of tom3131, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you ha