PS3 - Just a little story about sutomer service

skonk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother bought a PS3 3 months ago. Whilst playing a brand new game he just paid £40 for, the PS3 froze and there was a popping sound from the back. It ouwldn't turn back on and looked like the power unit had blown.

He took it back to Gamestation, and explained what happened. He explained that it still had a brand new game in it, and did they know how to take it out. They said no. They said all they could do was take the PS3 and send it off. My brother asked what would happen to his game, as he'd just bought it, and showed them the receipt (from the same shop).

They said that they couldn't guarantee the game would be returned, so he asked if he could give them the case and them to give him another copy. they refused and said he'd have to buy another copy. He told them the game was only purchased the day before, and surely they can just give him another copy, they still refused.

They said he could take another PS3, but with a smaller Hardrive, and a difference of £100, as they didn't have the model he had. He asked if he would get £100 back, either cash or credit note. They refused.

In the end, he had enough and went home and called Sony themselves. He spoke to someone, who within seconds, had told him how to get the disc out of the PS3, without opening it up. He also arranged a courier to turn up the next day with a brand new console. All my brother had to do was give the courier the broken console, and sign for the new one.

Next day, it turned up at 9am. Within ten minutes, all up and running.

I just thought I'd post this up in general knowledge section, for the benefit of anyone else who may end up in this situation. Sometimes calling the manufacturers direct can cause a lot less hassle!

• 3 weeks later...

When it comes to consoles be it Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft they tell the retailers to direct customers to them. You still have the right to take it back to the retailer but all that will happen is they will do exactly what you would do (with abuse from the manufacturer as they only want to talk to you the customer) and then you will still have come come and pick it up.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

why a PS3 there are so many problems with them compaired to the xbox

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I went in Gamestation once, it was dark and gloomy and stank of b.o. Never been back since.

yea its not clean and Shiny like Game.

when i go to my local gamestation it always plays annoying metal music (thats my opinion) and a bunch of students hidden round back trying to avoid unless you want to buy something

Get free IVA advice to reduce your debts

yea its not clean and Shiny like Game.

when i go to my local gamestation it always plays annoying metal music (thats my opinion) and a bunch of students hidden round back trying to avoid unless you want to buy something

Yep, i agree with you there. I only shop in GAME when i want games, I have to actually walk past a Gamestation to get to GAME and if GAME does not have what I want then ill go home emplty handed and order from Play.com but I will never grace such a grubby smelly little shop with my presence again. If I were the owner of that chain and I know a bit about retail sales I would have a serious look at the setup and design of my stores and brighten them up, and mabey invest in some Febreeze because if you cannot get your staff to wash you could at least try and cover it up.

Gamestation and game are the same company

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Gamestation and game are the same company

well i thought Game owns Gamestation but keep them due to competiton rules.

I thought Gamestation use to be kool because they have pre-owned classic consoles and loads of game toys and stuff but they have over time gone and its another games shop.

well they wont scrap gamestation as thats the better of the 2 due to higher sales as there prices are lower but they also cant scrap game under the terms of the buyout contract.

From my own personal experience, gamestation suck. I bought a second hand XBOX360. Got it home, ten mins later, the dreaded red rings of death. Took it back an hour later. They questioned me as if I'd smashed it up! Finally got it swapped.

New one taken home, all ready to play. Ten mins later, red rings again. Another journey into town. This time took the serial number of the console. They took it in the back and brought out a different box with a console in. I opened it up and checked the serial. Yep, same one! They denied it, but I stood my ground. Finally they gave me another, and that lasted a while.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a second hand console from them again.

I never buy second hand all they do is turn it on to make sure it works.

I never buy second hand all they do is turn it on to make sure it works.

the only pre-owned console i would buy is the retro ones like a SNES,

lease i know they wouldn't fail, lol

game shops only really care about selling than aftercare as there is more hassle to sort it.