style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fitness tip for them who can't face the gym: Wii Fit. It really is great, has lots of different exercises/games, it creates your own fitness/weight monitoring (which you can keep private if you don't want the family snooping). I am NOT a gamer, but I love my Wii-fit, and very worth the outlay if you can afford it. :-)

SSL, good luck with the stuff, let us know how it's working out for you!

I'm going to be cooking today in preparation for starting again, my main problem is breakfast, I can't be bothered with a cooked breakfast, but I need to eat 1st thing, so I am going to prepare some quiches/flans, that kind of stuff so I can just reach out in the fridge 1st thing and not end up eating toast because I can't be bothered doing anything else.

Breakfast is ESSENTIAL to get your body kicking off the day properly, if you skip it, you'll be starving a couple of hours later and reach out for whatever is nearby and that's when the grazing habit starts, not good.

If you buy ready-made stuff, watch out for hidden sugars: anything that contains dextrose, cellulose, glucose is a big no-no. (ready cooked chicken for example) A lot of ready made products contains bulking agents which are invariably starchy and really not good for you.

a good place to get flavourings is your local Asian shop, their spices are usually only made of spices, no bulking agents or thickeners, and a little goes a long way.

It's amazing and maybe why LC is being so discredited: there is no profit in it for companies! If you stick to home, fresh cooking, then you're good to go! No need for ready meals, expensive branded stuff, bulked up products, and not a shake in sight, lol. (although I can give you the recipe for a good LC shake if that interests anyone!)

Right now, my thai chicken is ready, I will be having that dipped in real Greek yogurt, yum yum. :-)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got my chicken fillets ready to cook for tea tonight and lunch tomorrow (mixed some, chilli and coriander with yoghurt for a marinade), and taking boiled eggs, ham and tomatoes for breakfast at work tomorrow.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Oooooo I love pannacotta:)

what's your variation ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

That sound absolutely yummy - I'll give that a go this week:)

I've usually done it with raspberrries but they're not allowed are they:( (I love them!)

Not the gym here, luvvie, it's that ancient that you have to cycle harder if you want to power the treadmill! :rolleyes:

ooo I was relunctant to mention the 'gym' word as it may not be so accessible or the place you want to go, people must protest my dear if the local council fails to provide amenities. Good to hear you are having more joy with the Wi fit Booky.

Sending massive support to you Ellen and others starting this diet journey.

ooo I was relunctant to mention the 'gym' word as it may not be so accessible or the place you want to go, people must protest my dear if the local council fails to provide amenities.

Well, they can't have everything, dear... Instead, our Tory council is going to build itself a £450 million new HQ, so I'm afraid things like gyms, school meals and libraries will just have to go to the back of the queue. :rolleyes:

That's in reply to raspberries BTW. Lol

Can this post be put back where it was in the first place please as post 60. If you have this kind of editing influence Booky you really need to show your council luvvies what you're made of my dear.

on automatic pilot

got to work and ordered a bacon sandwhich, lol, half way through eating I remebered I was supposed to be startin a diet! DOH :rolleyes:

Now THAT's my sort of dieting:D:D:D

any brown sauce?;)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Bookie - quick question. If I get hungry between meals, have you any suggestions for "snacking". Needs to be something I can take to/keep in fridge at work.

I'm back on the wagon today. Boiled eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch, home made turkey keema for tea with no rice or bread (there's not much left over runny sauce anyway and is good on it's own). Work out DVD inbetween lunch and tea. I'm naughty at weekends but tell myself if I'm good all week I can have my weekend, and it helps keep me focussed.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Bookie - quick question. If I get hungry between meals, have you any suggestions for "snacking". Needs to be something I can take to/keep in fridge at work.

Cheese!

I usually snack on nice mature cheddar, with tomatoes (and flavoured olive oil to dip if you fancy).

You can make your own cheese "crisps": cut pieces of hard cheese (parmesan, pecorino, hard cheddar) and microwave them on parchment/silicone for a couple of mns (they're ready when the edges are just starting to brown), let them go hard and eat them on their own or dipped in greek yogurt. You can also make them in different flavours by adding herbs, cracked pepper, spices etc... They are VERY moorish, but as it's cheese that's ok, it's virtually carb-free!!! :-D

Cheese!

I usually snack on nice mature cheddar, with tomatoes (and flavoured olive oil to dip if you fancy).

You can make your own cheese "crisps": cut pieces of hard cheese (parmesan, pecorino, hard cheddar) and microwave them on parchment/silicone for a couple of mns (they're ready when the edges are just starting to brown), let them go hard and eat them on their own or dipped in greek yogurt. You can also make them in different flavours by adding herbs, cracked pepper, spices etc... They are VERY moorish, but as it's cheese that's ok, it's virtually carb-free!!! :-D

Mmmmm, they sound lovely, I'll give that a try

I like the mini Babybell's. I like cheese a bit too much so I get them for snacks. It means I have a portion already cut and therefore can't go mad :). They do different types including cheddar. Celery is supposed to be good if you like it as it takes more calories to digest it than the celery contains.

Just done my DVD. My face is as red as my eyes lol. *sings* "I must, I must, I must decrease my butt".

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

a pork pie Ell-enn

that usually does the trick! ;)

Can't find that in the book HF!! (sent you a PM to say it had arrived safely, thank you:))