Facing Gross Misconduct - Worried to Death

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Max

Thanks for the PM. Having looked at the information you sent I have viewed the web site in question and can confirm to fellow CAGGERS that there was nothing which could be thought of as indecent or offensive on the site.

Indeed I dug a bit further and had a look at the source code of the particular page and could find nothing which would have caused a tracking system to flag anything negative.

Something does not quite ring true and it does make me wonder if someone is just being plain malicious.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No we are not Islamic, otherwise we would all be shot. Just to make it clear I sent Geoff a link to a site with similar pictures, not the actual website. For everyone else's info, the obscene material act 1981 is well worth a read.

"I sent Geoff a link to a site with similar pictures"

Max, if that is the case "similar pictures" are of no use at all. I must have misread your PM.

I must therefore withdraw my previous comments about the site Max visited being entirely innocent. I have no information regarding the actual site and cannot comment.

It's an application for a Blackberry. OK, it is of a sexual nature, but certainly nothing explicit or worthy of a firing. I think they are using their company rules on net usage as an excuse to get rid of you for other reasons. For some reason, I think they don't want/need you anymore and were waiting for a good excuse so you couldn't appeal.

Just my opinion.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

'Feel free to offer a way forward too people.'

Sorry Max, I may be losing my command of the English language and I apologise if that's the case. Well, it is Saturday night.

What is your question please?

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Way forward = what should I consider to be my defence?

Hey Max,

I saw this site, thanks for PM.

For some reason it freezes my whole IE everytime I enter this site... :rolleyes:

I had the chance to get a quick look anyway.

My first impression, as being a woman was: it is horrific and wild in its layout and its advertising message, so I can wholeheartedly understand that if it was a woman who raised a grievance against you, her first reaction was nothing else than panic, being disgusted or even shocked that this kind of stuff made her feel as though she is being in an online sex shop without her consent.

I also guess that the words like "pleasure" "vibrations" together were what the tracking system has caught and flagged.

In my opinion, what you can do and say best during a meeting that will be scheduled in due course (unless all the charges will be dropped when they understand the whole situation themselves) is to express your sadness and apologies that anyone, ladies in particular, were offended by the content of the site you visited and who had to deal with it over the course of events but at the same time you shouldn't blame yourself for anything as it was an advert that you yourself completely didn't expect to appear. Bring on the subject of most people in the office visiting different types of website (such as facebook, ebay etc.) during working hours so you felt no different to fix your Iphone. Remember to mention you closed the site in question immediately as you yourself felt a bit disgusted that this kinds of adverts appear on internet without age access verification and may easily be accessed by kids.

Oh! And your 6 years of flawless record of employment to be mentioned! Congrats for it, by the way. :)

What they (management) will probably do as a result, they will tighten up the discipline over using internet while at work, instead of disciplining you all the way long. They are just probably shocked by the aggressiveness of that advert. I am myself still shocked! :eek:

I am sure though you will all laugh at it all one day - that a stupid Iphone modes advert made you suspended from work :).

Edited by ms_smith

'Feel free to offer a way forward too people.'

Sorry Max, I may be losing my command of the English language and I apologise if that's the case. Well, it is Saturday night.

What is your question please?

HB x

LOL :)

Bee makes me smile, as always. :)

• 4 weeks later...