bris girlie V Natwest

brisgirlie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Have Been Reading Sight For A Couple Of Weeks, Decided I Will Claim For My Charges To Account Which Total £3162.00 (not Including Interest As Yet)

After Recieving My Statement I Have Sent Off Prem Letter On 23/08/06, I Am Now Holding Fire To See What Natwest Come Back With. Dont Hold Much Hope Yet However Will Follow Through And Send Of Lba Letter Once Time Scale Has Elasped.

Any Advice And Guidence Would Be Much Appreciated.

Brisgirlie:)

23/08/06 RECIEVED STATMENTS:) 25/08/06 SENT PREM LETTER

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey im from Taunton. I have just filled my claim online with NatWest so if you need any help just let us know and we will all help you.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all have waited the 14 days for natwest to respond to my letter however no responce as at yet.

will be sending LBA letter tommorrow morning maybe they will acknowledge this one instead.

if they do not respond will follow next steps and take this all the way.

Dont worry wont get ahead of my self just playing the waiting game at the moment lets see what natwest wants to do about the LBA letter.

Hi All

I Have A Quick Question About Reclaiming Charges Back.

* I Have Recieved A Letter Today From Natwest Bank Regarding A Letter I Sent And A Call I Recieved From Them Asking To Do A Customer Service Survey. Upon Recieveing Call I Stated I Could Not Comment About The Service From Natwest Untill My Issuesd Raised In My Letter Where Sorted Out.

* Today Was The Deadline From Prem Letter So Will Be Sending Out Lba Letter.

Do I Address Letter To Branch. Customer Service At Borehamwood Or To The Address Shown On The Letter I Recieved From Bank At South West Retail Customer Service Centre In Bristol

Or All Three.

Plse Let Me Know What You Think

Thanks

Can Anyone Advise Me?

Have Recieved Letter Responding To My Lba Letter Saying Have Informed Legal Dept Of My Intention To Take To Small Claims Court. And That Natwest Will Take It All The Way.

This Lba Letter Was Only Sent On 9th September Cna I Move To Mcol Now Natwest Have Responded Or Do I Need To Wait Untill 14 Days Are Up Even Though They Have Responded.

Plse Advise So I Can Move On To Next Step Thanks

No that will be the final response from NatWest. Go ahead with MCOL. if you need the particulars of the claim online just look at my thread and they are in there and thats all you will need. Good Luck.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

This should fit:

Claimant has account (A/C No) with Defendant from (Date a/c opened)conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of (£0.00 = amount of charges claimed) taken by Defendant in charges over (X) years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from(Date of 1st charge) to (Date of filing claim) of (£0.00 =The interest in the 8% spreadsheet calculation) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00p = Amount of charges claimed x 0.00022).

Thanks michael, for you help much appreciated.

dont mean to be stupid but have filled in MCOL form, after particulars of claims it ask's about human right and interest, am i right in saying no to the first question and yes to second.

p.s i, m about to send mcol on line do i need to forard any other details other then information asked for (do i have to send breakdown of charges if so how do i do this .

Apologise if it a stupid question but advise needed before submitting form

thanks

hi haydn

hope you get you money back soon, i was from bristol however now living in south wales.

how far along is you claim? have you heard anything from bank as yet, keep me posted.

all the best brisgirlie

:)

HAVE YET AGAIN RECIEVED A LETTER FROM NATWEST BANK THIS MORNING, ON THIS OCCASSION THAY HAVE OFFERED ME 1005.00 TO RESOLVE MY CLAIM OF 3162.00 + 522.11 +120.00 = 3804.11

nICE FIRST OFFER BUT NO THE FUL AMOUNT AND SENT A REJECTION LATER AS IT STATE IT'S FINAL OFFER.

LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Have recieved an offer of 1005.00 as full settlement of cflaim will be rejecting this offer however when reading the rejection letter it ask for amount of claim

I have previously recieved a letter from stuart higley stating that they will fight me all the way and they will not refund charges.

Now i recieve this letter with offer, however i have already issuesd my Mcol.

In the rejection letter do i state the amount claimed before i did mCOL OR Shall i put in new amount for int and court costs aswell.

If i do put in new amount should i send copy of charges + int

plse help

thanks

Dear Mr Higley,

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx and settlement offer of £ XXX

I have aready filed a claim (Claim No: XXXX) in the small claims court and therefore I respectfully decline your offer of settlement.

I request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, together with court costs and s69 8% interest now totalling £xxxx

Yours sincerely

I have received my 40% offer today for £2200. So I gues you are three days ahead of me. However, I rejected the offer today ans insisted on the full amount of claim plus interest plus daily rate. So I guess I may have overtaken you if you havent replied yet. I still have two cliams outstanding with Natwest and the Case Management Hearing is 13th October. I dont mind waiting, the 8% interest is worth it.

Its WAR

hi haydn,

sorry have not been here to respond have been away for long weekend.

i responded straight away with my rejection letter back on 16th saying wanted all money returned, by this point already had filed ,mcol so sent rejection letter with list of charges and interest to natwest have not heard anything as yet other than that they have acknowledged the claim and intend to defend.

i,m guessing it's just a waiting game now, i believe as they have acknowledge and plan to defend this gives them a total of 28 days, time should be up on 17th october this is 28 days form claim served.(do i need to do anything about info sent to me acknowledging the claim or is it sit and wait.)

do you know if there is anything else i should be doing or whether i need to send copies of charges to anyone else.

let me know how your claim goes

They acknowledged my Credit Card then paid up 5 days later. I have had a letter back from the chief exec of OFT telling me good luck with claims basicly. You will get your money soon but no its now just a waiting game. Good Luck.