• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a visit this morning from a HCEO for a debt to a solicitors company.

I dont dispute the debt and will happily pay this and any court costs.

But I am a little concerned about the amount of charges they have applied for the HCEO visit.

He turned up, wrote down the details of the car outside, then knocked the door. Didnt answer the door and spoke to him through the window, he left me an envelope with some info in it and then went.

Is there a maximum/guideline they are allowed to charge for visits etc? Or can they simply charge what they feel like.

Below is a breakdown of the costs.

Debt - £617.28

Court Costs & Interest - £265.89

Sherforce Charge - £846.45

That seems massively excessive to me, as it is only £36 short of been the amount of the debt, surely they cannot charge that much.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Did you know there was a CCJ against you?

With him having levied on your car I can guarantee they will be back to lift it. Sherforce's fees are all front loaded and you will need to send them a SAR to get all the relevant details - cost £10. In the meantime if you have not paid they will be back and would estimate at least £5/600 for next visit.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have spoken to their office and they are meant to be sending me a breakdown of the charges they have applied to the account.

I have explained to them that the car is not mine and is on contract hire for the company which I work for. and is not even registered in the companies name, let alone my name. So they shouldnt be able to take that should they?

I am waiting for the charges to come through, they did explain them to me over the phone, but the numbers he gave me didnt add up to anything near what they have added to the account.

They have tried charging twice for certain things. So am now waiting for the breakdown to come through.

I am not sure if he has leived on the vehicle or not, as he didnt leave me any paperwork to say that he has, but he did note down the details of the vehicle. Does this mean he has levied on it or not?

I have spoken to their office and they are meant to be sending me a breakdown of the charges they have applied to the account.

That's OK but doesn't tell the whole story - see below

I have explained to them that the car is not mine and is on contract hire for the company which I work for. and is not even registered in the companies name, let alone my name. So they shouldnt be able to take that should they?

Big sigh of relief - however it will pay you to able to provide them with some form of documentation as to who it does belong to - also ask them to do a DVLA check.

I am waiting for the charges to come through, they did explain them to me over the phone, but the numbers he gave me didnt add up to anything near what they have added to the account.

They have tried charging twice for certain things. So am now waiting for the breakdown to come through.

No surprise there

I am not sure if he has leived on the vehicle or not, as he didnt leave me any paperwork to say that he has, but he did note down the details of the vehicle. Does this mean he has levied on it or not?

Due to it not being yours that should irrelevant now

The breakdown of charges you get will be just that and nothing more - usually a one sheet piece of paper with lots of figures on it. You need more than this and that is why I suggested getting a SAR. THis lists everything and should include the Field Officers Report & the "activity report". The second mentioned is a very valuable tool as it lists everything to do with your case from the time they received the instructions. It also contains a listing of every charge and when it was applied - you do need this and it will be one of the best £10 you will ever spend. It will help you challenge the charges.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right I have had the breakdown through of the charges, would someone be kind enough to have a look through and see if htey are right and if they are able to charge such high fee's for Part C fee 12, as the guidelines as I see them are very vague on this matter.

I am a little confused as to how they can charge a seizure fee and walking possession fee when they have neither seized anything or have a signed walking possession order, neither have they been inside the house.

Capture.JPG

There's quite a few anomalies on there that can be challenged:

Percentage of amount recovered - nothing was recovered

Seizure fee - nothing seized

Making enquiries - on what & what for

Walking Possession - nothing seized/levied nothing signed

Valuation Fee - on what

Financial Management Fee - explain & justify

Admin Fee - explain & justify

The last 2 may be reduced.

I note you say you may be able to pay this off. I would suggest that yes do pay it then they have no lever to come back at you. If you can I would suggest paying it ASAP before anyone calls again and loads more fees on. Once you have paid then you can take your time to collect whatever you need to challenge any fees which you feel may be unfair or excessive.

As I have said previously a SAR is your best weapon for this.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will be paying it monday morning to stop them for now, then challening them as to what they are allowed/are not allowed etc.

From speaking to them today they have come out with interesting comments though. The vehicle they believe the have rightfully levied on is a lease vehicle. It is on long term lease to my company, a Ltd company of which I am a director. The debt is mine personally and nothing to do with the company and not in the company name. But they seem to think that because I am a director of the company they can take the vehicle, even though it isnt mine, or even the companies, it is long term lease. This I explained to them and even offered to send them a copy of the letter I have from the lease company stating that they own the vehicle, they just laughed down the phone at me. They also seem to think that because I am a director of the company, they can go into the company premises and seize the companies property to pay my debt. Now if I was a sole trader then quite possibly, but as it is a Ltd company, then surely they cannot do this as the company is its own legal entity.

How do I go about getting an detailed explanation of what the financial management fee and admin charge cover?

How do I go about getting an detailed explanation of what the financial management fee and admin charge cover?

Quite simple you ask - you'll get a load of flannel but keep going at them. I can't stress enough that a SAR is your best tool of defence here.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is deja vue,If you can, pay them off as soon as possible to stop them coming back for another visit.

As PT says they load it all up front end and this is fraud!!

I have been to the high court twice and beat them and have an appeal inplace for further costs

Read my threads surrounding sherfarce I will help you all I can

The police are investigating this companyif you need any help shout up

Although the SAR will help it wont stop them from coming back and getting more charges in

The fees they have charged are incorrect and the high court will not allow them but you have to push real hard to sort it out and be very determined

Onlyme and many more sherfarce haters

Right I have had the breakdown through of the charges, would someone be kind enough to have a look through and see if htey are right and if they are able to charge such high fee's for Part C fee 12, as the guidelines as I see them are very vague on this matter.

I am a little confused as to how they can charge a seizure fee and walking possession fee when they have neither seized anything or have a signed walking possession order, neither have they been inside the house.

Capture.JPG

These fes are incorrect and will not stand up to the scrutiny of a master

Can anyone offer me an opinion on this, before I pay it Monday morning?

Pay it all it stops more fees in the long run you will win,and then you are in the same position as I was I have template letters for you to send to them, to the police and to the courts

onlyme

Sorry about the plug but the bailiff book which we currently have on offer will tell you all about the charges which may be levied against you and how you can challenge them.

I agree, that if you can you should pay off now and then take steps to complain later if you have a good basis.

11.5 National Standard for Enforcement Agencies

It is clear from the attention given to fees by the National Standard that the

government is aware that it is an area of dispute between debtors and

bailiffs. Various recommendations are made, which build upon the principles

laid out in the Introduction earlier:

• agents should provide clear & prompt information to debtors. They

should explain the consequences of seizure and the fees charged so far as

well as those possible in the future;

• whenever a fee is incurred, notice of this and of any previous fees

charged should be given. This need for notice is clearly an attempt to

ensure that fees charged are for work actually undertaken, in order to try

to deal with the problem of ‘ghost visits’ and the like;

• a detailed breakdown of fees should be supplied on receiving a written

request from the debtor or that person’s representative.

The latter clause of the Standard has proved particularly valuable since it

was introduced in 2002. It is important for advisers to obtain this

information and then to compare it to the statutory fee scale and to the

debtor’s account of what has taken place. This breakdown may thus provide

the foundation for some form of challenge to the fees- see the next section.

It should also be noted that the OFT debt collection guidelines (where they

are applicable) also make recommendations about fees. Licensed firms are

warned that it is improper to:

• claim collection costs in the absence of express legal provision; and,

• apply unreasonable charges which are not based on actual and necessary

costs or applying charges which are disproportionate to the main debt.

11.6 Remedies for disputed charges

Generally specific remedies will have to be employed for challenging disputed

charges. It will probably not be possible to sue for trespass or illegal distress, ....

The Consumer Forums - Bailiffs - Debtors Rights and Remedies in the Law of Seizure of Goods

Personally, when this happened to me, i refused to pay them one penny. Paid the original debtor, and told Sherfarce to sue me for their fees.

They can add what fees they like, and push as many pieces of paper through the door as they like. They dont have any power to enforce the debt unless you give it to them.,

Never heard from them again.

Why pay unlawful fees then struggle to claim them back ?

Personally, when this happened to me, i refused to pay them one penny. Paid the original debtor, and told Sherfarce to sue me for their fees.

They can add what fees they like, and push as many pieces of paper through the door as they like. They dont have any power to enforce the debt unless you give it to them.,

Firstly, any payment sent to the claimant has to be forwarded to the HCEO. They will take their fees (part or in full) from this and pursue you for the rest.

Secondly, Dodgy Geezer is talking out of his rear as usual by stating that the HCEO doesnt have any power to enforce the debt. The very nature of the judgment and subsequent writ of fi-fa gives the HCEO more powers than any other enforcement service.

Firstly, any payment sent to the claimant has to be forwarded to the HCEO. They will take their fees (part or in full) from this and pursue you for the rest.

Secondly, Dodgy Geezer is talking out of his rear as usual by stating that the HCEO doesnt have any power to enforce the debt. The very nature of the judgment and subsequent writ of fi-fa gives the HCEO more powers than any other enforcement service.

If you tell them to F OFF, as i am telling you to do so, there is NOTHING you can do about it is there?

If there is WHATS THAT big mouth??

DG Your case was totally different than acropolis in so much that you managed to pay a utilities company and they didnt know how to handle you so I think you got away with it to date, but I am not sure if you will in the long run only time will tell.

and I am reluctant on this occasion to say this but I agree with HCEO for the first time in history

Pay it and then sort them out

I was dealing with a firm of solicitors exactly the same as Acropolis and they were a pain the a....e abut they are getting the grief now along side sherfarce !!!

Onlyme

and I am reluctant on this occasion to say this but I agree with HCEO for the first time in history

Pay it and then sort them out

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, as i am mine.

But my circumstances were EXACTLY the same. It wasn't a utility bill that i was paying, but i will leave it there.

Im afraid your response is based on fear, and that's exactly why they have got away with extortion for decades.

Its time to stand up for yourself, or suffer the consequences.

I OPENLY invite HCEO or any other party to tell me what they can do if i refuse to deal with them. Years of experience and research can answer that question.

NOTHING.

Apart from apply for an Entry Warrant which are rarely, if ever granted, in cases such as this.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, as i am mine.

But my circumstances were EXACTLY the same. It wasn't a utility bill that i was paying, but i will leave it there.

oops Sorry I got you mixed up with debt weary

Im afraid your response is based on fear, and that's exactly why they have got away with extortion for decades.

I am not afraid of them I have been to the high court twice and won both times They are afraid of me so I am standing up for myself and still fighting them not for my money back but for them to feel the s...t and boy are they feeling it!!!

They will get away with it unless we fight them with the law and not simply tell them to go away which ever way we decide to fight them

Its time to stand up for yourself, or suffer the consequences.

I OPENLY invite HCEO or any other party to tell me what they can do if i refuse to deal with them. Years of experience and research can answer that question.

NOTHING.

This is all very well if you are thick skinned and your missus can sleep ok

But not so good otherwise if your waiting for the next visit to take your car at 7 in the morning unless of course you want to hide it a mile away every night for 12 months

Apart from apply for an Entry Warrant which are rarely, if ever granted, in cases such as this.

How are you going on acropolis???

Paid it all on monday morning, so at least they are off my back.

Now its time to try and get back at least some of the charges that they have claimed. It went up by another £30 or so, as they put charges on there for a HPI and DVLA check as well.

So now they are not going to come and try to steal the car anymore, what's the best way to go about it?