You Can't Complain If You Don't Vote

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Meanwhile, back at the ranch - Tonto, disguised as a door, had his knob shot off.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful, Fred!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Careful, Fred!

Sorry, I'm just in one of those daft moods tonight. I feel quite relaxed about the whole thing. I think I'll relax a bit more know with a nice glass of red.

Cheers!

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

If no complaints then no prob.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Originally Posted by angry cat

Conservative

Seats 306

Gain 100

Loss 3

Labour

Seats 258

Gain 3

Loss 94

Say's it all methinks!

Yep, it says clearly that you don't seem to understand how the election system works in the UK.

Tip: It doesn't work on the principle that the person with the most votes wins. :rolleyes:

You can roll your eyes as much as you like Booky!

[Emphasis]:

Conservative Gain: 100

Labour Loss: 94.

Sorry, I'm just in one of those daft moods tonight. I feel quite relaxed about the whole thing. I think I'll relax a bit more know with a nice glass of red.

Cheers!

Careful Fred, or BB may tick you off for being able to afford a glass of red!

You can roll your eyes as much as you like Booky!

And I will, as long as people keep on spouting these numbers as if they had the slightest meaning in what will create the next government. :-D

And I will, as long as people keep on spouting these numbers as if they had the slightest meaning in what will create the next government. :-D

Well they will have a bearing on what people think of what happens next.

BOOKIE........F.BASSETT>>>>>>>>>>>

Match made in heaven;)

Where is Heaven, I hear you ask?

It's about 2 and a half miles past cameron street.

:confused:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

BOOKIE........F.BASSETT>>>>>>>>>>>

Match made in heaven;)

It's about 2 and a half miles past cameron street.

:confused:

She's too late SOD'EM - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/259050-now-heres-conundrum.html#post2920488

Well they will have a bearing on what people think of what happens next.

People had a chance to tell the country what they thought... and the result was a hung parliament. It shows that they didn't have enough confidence in ANY of the parties.

No-one is going to be happy, that much is clear. If the LD go with the tories, Labour won't be happy and a huge amount of LDs won't be happy either.

If they go with Labour, the Tories will be howling that it's not fair that the parties which got the fewer votes get to govern after all.

That's what happens when no-one inspires enough confidence for people to get behind them wholeheartedly, I'm afraid. :razz:

People had a chance to tell the country what they thought... and the result was a hung parliament. It shows that they didn't have enough confidence in ANY of the parties.

No-one is going to be happy, that much is clear. If the LD go with the tories, Labour won't be happy and a huge amount of LDs won't be happy either.

If they go with Labour, the Tories will be howling that it's not fair that the parties which got the fewer votes get to govern after all.

That's what happens when no-one inspires enough confidence for people to get behind them wholeheartedly, I'm afraid. :razz:

Precisely.

85290500.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548D0E23FBD73DE0B93B3BD1C39EAC9147D6DFD1C11F3181B0E

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

That's true but it's also fair to say that Labour has lost an awful lot of support and doesn't deserve to be in office any longer. I know, I know, the Tories didn't win it either. What happens next and what's been happening since Friday is what will happen all of the time under PR, so we'd better get used to it. No more stable Government for the UK. Still, at least Brown's going so we should all be grateful for small mercies.

Have I missed a stable government? Darnit! I must've been napping :razz: :razz:

I feel this is more stable than what we've suffered under 1 party leading! The people who are panicking are the politicians, desperate to please the public as they know another election is not going to be a million miles away, and trying to find common ground with each other rather than just saying the opposite to unite each parties ideals fairly.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Looks like Mandy is involved with the Lib/Lab talks...god help us all!

Go on, now say that you all trust (Lord) Mandy?

roll eyes...

Nope. If any of us had done what Mandelson had done in fiddling his mortgage application we would have been in serious trouble. Another non-elected politician pulling the strings, together with Campbell.

Of course, there is another angle to this - the one that so-called 'progressive' people hate and that would be for the English to say 'sod it, we elected conservatives to represent England, the Welsh, Scots and Irish all have their own assemblies, so let us have our own Government'.

Just a thought.

Of course, there is another angle to this - the one that so-called 'progressive' people hate and that would be for the English to say 'sod it, we elected conservatives to represent England, the Welsh, Scots and Irish all have their own assemblies, so let us have our own Government'.

Just a thought.

Hear, Hear!

The people of England have spoken, they want a Conserative Government to represent them not a Labour Gov. that includes a mish mash, which would result in yet another non-elected Labour PM...

:

...the Welsh, Scots and Irish all have their own assemblies, so let us have our own Government'.

I bid you all goodnight.

I think Mr Brown's address was dignified. I also think it just goes to shows you have to accept responsibility for what you say in the heat of the moment.

That would be a first for Brown then. He's never taken responsibility for anything before - it's always somebody else's fault.

Quote from the Guardian CIF from John Reid:

Asked why a Labour/Lib Dem pact would be bad for the country, Reid told the BBC:

I think it's bad for the county because first of all it's inherently unstable, because Labour and the Liberals together still don't have a majority, so we will dependent on trying to bring in the votes of assorted Scots nationalists and the parties in Northern Ireland whose main concern, of course, will be that they should not suffer the cutbacks in public expenditure that the English would. I can't think of anything that is likely to further enrage an electorate [that already thinks] people are cocking a snoop at the electoral results by the two minor parties, as they are, trying to form a government.[/Quote]

Nicely put I think, but what the hell, let's see what happens. Somebody will have to deal with Labour's debt crisis. In a way, I'd like to see Labour clear up the mess of their own creation because it's going to be very very hard whoever does it and whoever that is will be very unpopular afterwards.