style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hope this isn't too much of a repetition - this site has LOADS of activity!!and good luck to you all in getting your problems sorted.

The situation.... I got a letter whacked on my car re: an old parking ticket. It's a walking posession agreement, the baliffs have 'seized' my car, or at least have tried. But, they have the incorrect address for me, which is why i hadn't heard anything prior to this. They spotted my car when i was parked close to the vacinity of my old address, so he's either following me (PARANOIA!!!!) or got lucky stumbling across my car?????

I contacted him and pleaded my case, but with no success. I can go to court to contest but will apparently face £1000 fine from the DVLA for not updating my address, or they'll 'eventually track me down', he threatened.

Frankly i'm considering just taking my chances that that don't 'track me down' and are just using scare tactics, or just selling the car! What can they do then???

What lengths will these guys go to??? I read a few posts that suggest some companies just give up and leave you alone after a while. (The company in question is 'Collect Services')

Any advice or comments from people who've experienced similar wolud by most appreciated, many thanks!

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I contacted him and pleaded my case, but with no success. I can go to court to contest but will apparently face £1000 fine from the DVLA for not updating my address, or they'll 'eventually track me down', he threatened.

He's telling porkies believe it or not about the fine

Frankly i'm considering just taking my chances that that don't 'track me down' and are just using scare tactics, or just selling the car! What can they do then???

If they have "seized" your car - wrong address or not then legally it now belongs to them so you would be breaking the law selling it on

The original ticket will not go away on its own. They probably caught up with you using ANPR. If you go through the due process of appealing your ticket then you stand a good chance of just having the original PCN to pay and nothing more.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi System I actually wrote a long but I went to research something and clicked the wrong button and lost it all :x

Basically out of the blue my mum got a a visit from a Bailiff who said if she didn't pay £300+ there and then he would return soon and take her car. She handed over the amount right away.

I got on the case and went to the local authority traffic enforcement office and asked for the address they had on file for my mum. It was her old address.

The ticket was issued when a friend of hers borrowed the car who we later found out knew about the ticket but threw it away and hoped the matter would disappear.

Anyway as the local authority traffic enforcement office had my mum's old address and had therefore been trying to contact her at a place she didn't live at any more I was able to appeal her ticket and we shortly had the money we handed to the Bailiff handed back to us.

As it was a couple of years ago I can't remember the form I filled in but the clerk at the local authority traffic enforcement office should be able to provide you with one once you explain the nature of your appeal.

Once we had the money back from the Bailiff we did have to pay £60 which was the fee for a ticket plus an extra £30 for a late payment. Which turned to be better than £300 plus.

I actually rang the Bailiff in question and thanked him for the returned cash as from the £300+ he took from my mum that day only £60 went to the parking enforcement authority and the rest went in his greasy maggot ridden pocket.

My advice to you would be to park your car away from your home if you can for a while whilst you get down the parking enforcement place asap and make your appeal which should get the Bailiff off your back and you can pay simply pay £60ish quid and chill.

Good luck.

I've just remembered something which may help.

The words I were looking for were "Out of time appeal". You get so much time to appeal a parking ticket and once that is passed you have to fill in an "out of time appeal" obviously if they have your old address like in my mum's case you have a valid reason for appealing out of time as the first you knew about it was when a Bailiff showed up, again like my mum.

If you get on this quickly I see no reason why you should not be able to get away with a small fine. Good luck. and please let us you know actions and the outcome so that other people in the same position can benefit!

The Watcher.

Hi all,

Hope this isn't too much of a repetition - this site has LOADS of activity!!and good luck to you all in getting your problems sorted.

The situation.... I got a letter whacked on my car re: an old parking ticket. It's a walking posession agreement, the baliffs have 'seized' my car, or at least have tried. But, they have the incorrect address for me, which is why i hadn't heard anything prior to this. They spotted my car when i was parked close to the vacinity of my old address, so he's either following me (PARANOIA!!!!) or got lucky stumbling across my car?????

What lengths will these guys go to??? I read a few posts that suggest some companies just give up and leave you alone after a while. (The company in question is 'Collect Services')

Any advice or comments from people who've experienced similar wolud by most appreciated, many thanks!

This is such a COMMON situation and last year approx 50,000 vehicle owners filed an Out of Time Statutory Declaration with the Traffic Enforcement Centre with the vast majority of them being that all statutory notices had ben sent to a previous address.

YES...the DVLA could indeed fine a motorist for not changing his details when moving home.....BUT if that were to ever happen...this would be for the DVLA to decided and would nothing whatsoever to do with Collect Services or the local authority.

This is SCARE tactics from a bailiff and does not surprise me in the slightest.

The vehicle has been located by way of a bailiff companies ANPR vehicle Again...VERY COMMON.

You need to URGENTLY contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre by phone ( which is a NIGHMARE as they have changed their phone system and we have had delays of 90 minutes this week getting through) Tel: 08457 045 007 .

It would be best to visit the website and you will need to fill in a TE7 & TE9

form and state on it something along the following lines:

I was unable to file this statement within time because it was not until a bailiff company clamped my vehicle that I was made aware that all statutory notices had been sent to my previous address at ( put previous address).

You need to sign the TE7 & TE 9 and scan or fax a copy to TEC by Monday morning.

At around 3pm Monday TEC will send a copy of your Out of Time to the local authority and they in turn are duty bound to advise Collect Services to CEASE ALL ENFORCEMENT.

Edited by tomtubby

Hi all, and thanks a lot for all the advice thus far.

Gonna get straight on the case in the morning and try this 'out of time' application.

For anyone else reading this, this link below (i believe, and correct me if im wrong please) describes the process that people are recommending.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/1043.htm

Traffic Enforcement Centre

It seems to be an official source concurring with what the good people of CAG are saying, and it also contains a further link to the forms that you need to fill out...... hopefully of some use to somebody.

Keep you posted on the outcome, and will definate donate few quid if it all turns out rosie. Keep up the good work caggers!!

PS..... to Sequenci... no, i dont know when it originally occurred, the baliff wouldnt disclose that info. Is he obliged to co-operate with you, if you intend to appeal/challenge any penalties??

Edited by system_error

The TEC will be able to give you the date time and place, such as Sainsbury's carpark and the name of the town or area it was given it that way you might be able to recollect when you might have gotten the ticket especially if it was issued someplace that you seldom park.

The TEC will be able to give you the date time and place, such as Sainsbury's carpark and the name of the town or area it was given it that way you might be able to recollect when you might have gotten the ticket especially if it was issued someplace that you seldom park.

The Traffic Enforcement Centre changed their phone system last Monday and it is VERY DIFFICULT indeed to get through to them. Post back when you have any further news.

UPDATE** - Got through to TEC quite easily, on hold for about 5 mins. A shame they couldn't really tell me anything!!!!

Got contravention details from local authority in the end and emailed completed TE 7 & 9 forms. So lets wait and see.......

Thanks again everyone.

UPDATE** - Got through to TEC quite easily, on hold for about 5 mins. A shame they couldn't really tell me anything!!!!

Got contravention details from local authority in the end and emailed completed TE 7 & 9 forms. So lets wait and see.......

Thanks again everyone.

It will be at least 6 weeks before you receive a response.

UPDATE** - Called TEC again today, for an update. They'd recieved my application, forwarded it to the local authority who had accepted it, and now I'm baliff free!! Just a £50 'notice to owner' winging its way through the post within the next week. Saved over £200 from what the baliffs were seeking.

Note of thanks, in particular to TheWatcher and Tomtubby.......Cannot praise CAG enough for the help and info available on here.

To anyone else reading......Obviously if you're unsure about a situation, then seek professional advice, but CAG is a darn good place to start and could well provide the answer to your problem.

Support this site and help others like yourselves!

You are more than welcome System_error, I myself have received a lot of help on here and so I feel I'm only paying back a small amount of that.

Great news that you have cut out the Bailiff fees. That's one big bully who'll be 200 smackers down at the weekend. Result.

UPDATE** - Called TEC again today, for an update. They'd recieved my application, forwarded it to the local authority who had accepted it, and now I'm baliff free!! Just a £50 'notice to owner' winging its way through the post within the next week. Saved over £200 from what the baliffs were seeking.

Note of thanks, in particular to TheWatcher and Tomtubby.......Cannot praise CAG enough for the help and info available on here.

To anyone else reading......Obviously if you're unsure about a situation, then seek professional advice, but CAG is a darn good place to start and could well provide the answer to your problem.

Support this site and help others like yourselves!

Our company have assisted in over 2,000 Out of Time Applications and this must surely be the quickest that I have heard for one to be accepted.

EXCELLENT.

• 10 months later...

whilst tomtubby says its usually 6 weeks to a response from the TEC, while this is strictly true, it really depends on the TEC's backlog. the 19 working day deadline for mine was last friday (11th) and i phoned them every day since then, asking them how far they were through their backlog so had a constant update-the minute i found out that they were onbto the 14th on wednesday (16th), i said well that's ti -they have exceeded my deadline and insisted that they process it ASAP....i had also expereinced some previosu problems with court officers telling me different bits of information so off the back of all that the TEC processed my applciation v quickly. It really should be done within 5 days of deadline---a 2 week backlog taking it to 6 weeks is outrageous! also, why is it that they purposefully leave it until right at the last minute to respond (if they do respond that is)? well done for getting urs accepted so quickly though....mine was only accepted by default so i'll have to wait and see if they appeal now--but i cant see how they've got a leg to stand on--i KNOW they didnt respond in time-have had it confirmed by several different court officers at the TEC.

• 5 months later...

You could try this do download a PDF pack

[PDF] CPE out of time application pack

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!