WOW! What a waste of money. IMO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know we all love our pets, but surely the money could have been used for better causes. Please don't slate me for my opinion, but I know without a lottery win, I will never have that much money in my life.

Sick as a parrot

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all. It's up to all of us as individuals to decide how we spend our money, and if that's how she chose to spend it good for her. I wish I had that kind of money but it's not her fault that I don't and she does. Had I the money and been in the same situation with my dog when he was alive I'd have done the same thing. This is someone she's shared her life with for 30 years. How can you look someone you've lived with for 30 years in the eye and not do something when you have the oportunity to make them better. I'm afraid I'm one of them folks who would do anything for her pets. In my opinion what better cause is there than helping a sick friend. I'm one of those who thinks that animals are just as important as people. This parrot may have meant more to her than some of the people in her life. I really don't see what's wrong with it.

P.S. No slating, just sharing my thoughts on it :-). If I were her, I possibly would have done the same.

Edited by Mungypup
P.S and smiley added

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

How can you look at someone you've lived with for 30 years in the eye and not do something when you have the opportunity to make them better.

You've obviously not met my wife:p

I'm afraid I'm one of them folks who would do anything for her pets.

But would they do the same for you? Will they bring you food when you need it?

I love pets myself, Dogs and cats get accepted as more human than budgies and the likes, it's just what happens. If I had a parrot for 30 years and had the choice of paying 50K plus for cancer treatment, or donating that 50K to help treat a child with cancer (even if I didn't know them). I would choose the latter. I would even give the money to a leading cancer charity before trying to fight a losing battle.

If the treatment was successful, it wouldn't have been for long as the dodgy budgie was on it's way out anyway.

I just love all creatures that's all, and I believe it's up to her to decide what's a willing cause with her own money. I'd go mad if somebody tried to tell me how I should spend my money, regardless of how small or large the ammount.

Edited by Mungypup
trying to limit possible offence

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Mrs Lex is NOT going to read this tread, we have enough strays as it is (me included) :)

To have a rescue centre would be her dream.

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The point I was hoping to make was that it's her money to do with as she see's fit, as is our money :)

Mungy Pup

I'll tell you what, the only animal I truly love is the cat, they totally kick ass, dogs are all well and good but they tend to be big and messy, or just big, or just messy, in either case it's annoying to have around.

Cats sleep half the time, show you affection when they're awake and the only bad point is when they start pestering you for food when you genuinely can't be arsed to move :p

My mum has 4 cats, Tex, Iggy, Lilly and Rio.

Tex is completely black apart from white paws, and an INCREDIBLY stylish white strip down the center of his chin, never seen such a lovely looking cat.

Iggy is mental, he attacks your feet (never hurts you) when he's in a wierd mood and curls up in his own little corner of the sofa.

In the end, I find cats far more agreeable and manageable than dogs.

Makes me wonder who mans best friend really is, although dogs only retain this title as some of them actually jump into lakes to save humans, a cat would be like "WTF?1 I'M OUTTA HERE!".

Oh interesting on the article a little sub article said that John terrysdad has been arrested for selling coke.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

What a waste, I agree. Surely the wee birdy would have suffered with all the chemo, Ive seen first hand what it does to us humans, so god knows how the wee feathered critter must have been feeling.

If that was my pet I would have said enough is enough and dont let the bird suffer anymore.

Ive also been there first hand with our dog and a severe illness and spoke to the vet that if the worse comes to the worse then let her sleep away rather than have her suffering.

Thank goodness she is now as healthy as she can be for a diabetic half blind dog!!! and still as daft as a brush if not worse than she ever was.:D

I just love all creatures that's all, and I believe it's up to her to decide what's a

willing cause with her own money. I'd go mad if somebody tried to tell me how

I should spend my money, regardless of how small or large the amount.

Yeah!! I'm with you 100% with that..

I read this story in this mornings Metro and was quite choked

up whilst reading it..

The Mirror's byline for the article is absolutely appalling too, they

should know better... The bottom line is in their own article.....

But Anne, in her 50s, is grateful it meant a few more months with the pet

she had raised for 30 years. The tax expert, who owns 11 other parrots

in Tampa, Florida, said: "When they said she had cancer, they gave her

two months to live. It seemed such an aggressive time frame, so I thought

nothing of putting her into the vets' care.

"We got an extra 11 months and the staff ended up loving her as much as we did."

IMHO people should be less quick to judge others using their own wealth

for the welfare of their loved ones, even be-it a pet. 30 years is a long

long time to care for a pet, more than double the life span of most cats

and dogs.

2p>

Edited by diskmandave

Well as she was emotionally attached to that parrot and good for her she must of thought it was money well spent.

I have just spend nearly £5000 on my dog who had a broken leg and i consider it money well spent as she means everything to me.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Sorry peeps, didn't mean to sound insensitive. I had a dog of 18 years and it was the vet whom advised me to put her to sleep. I took the advice and let it happen.

My uncle got given 3 months (at the most to live) 8 years ago, but lasted over 2 years with only pain medication. Who's to say the parrot would not have done the same thing (for free). They expected the parrot to live for 2 months, when in fact they got 9 so she got an extra 7.

I have just realised that it was in the US so in fact it does not surprise me that a vet would take that kind of money to let a poor animal suffer for another 7 months unnecessarily.

Iv'e had kittens put down before (had swelling on it's cranium preventing it from functioning properly), so i've been on both sides of the fence.

In the end I look at things logically, my own wellbeing comes first, if I have to put my pet to sleep to fall behind on bills, I would pay the bills, but thats me.

"We got an extra 11 months and the staff ended up loving her as much as we did."

I'm sure the staff loved the paycheque more!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Sorry peeps' date=' didn't mean to sound insensitive.[/quote']

I did! :o

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I have been on both sides. When my dog passed 2 years ago we had to put him to sleep. It wasn't a choice, we knew the time had come. There was no more they could do for him and he was already going, painfully, (he was old and had arthiritis). It was the right thing to do. I did not want him to be in pain. I think it's easy to read off a news report and make a judgement, but only the owner of the animal and the vets know the animal, have seen it, and can judge the quality of life it's getting and make that ultimate decision. I can't imagine any animal lover purposley putting their pet through pain if they didn't think it was for the best for the animal and if the animal wasn't showing signs of getting better. From what I understood from the article it was 2 months if they did nothing, if they tried they might get more time or it may even cure her, as is the case with people, you don't know sometimes unless you try. I would imagine (and deeply hope) that had it come to a point during treatment that it was becoming too much for the animal or detremental they would have stopped.

We all have different opinions. That's the beauty of a forum like this. I just hope that if anyone has a sick animal that they cannot afford to treat they look at other options before putting to sleep (if it's a case of can be treated but owner can't afford). There are many charaties out there now that can help. Taking on any animal is a responsibility and one that I think should be taken seriously. It's a life, not a toy.

P.S. Sod'em, no offense taken chuck, you are merely stating (in a non offensive way) your opinion

Edited by Mungypup
P.S. added

Mungy Pup