Not received items from online purchase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this is the right place to post (sorry if not, please let me know where to post). I purchased some items from a company online (not sure if I'm allowed to post their name). They have no contact details other than email, which are not responded to. I've only ordered £17 worth of items but I've not received delivery. My debit card (wish I'd used a credit card as there is more protection) has been debited.

Can somebody tell me what steps I need to take to recover my money or receive the items.

This has never happened to me before as usually I receive the items for online purchases.

Many thanks

How long have you been waiting?

You have protection under DSR, as they must deliver goods in a 'reasonable' time. If you've never recieved the goods, cannot raise the firm and want your money back, should prompt a chargeback or dispute resolution refund.

Section 10 of the Distance Selling Regulations details the appropriate procedure to cancel a distance contract, which would thus entitle a complete reimbursement, e.g.

(d) sends it [notice of cancellation] by electronic mail, to the business electronic mail address last known to the consumer (in which case it is to be taken to have been given on the day on which it is sent).

Statutory Instrument 2000 No. 2334

:cool:

I ordered the goods mid February, it's been a month. Their website says delivery should be between 7-10 days and they would email if it is likely to take longer (they haven't).

I did a check on the company and there is a history of complaints from other customers in the same position. It seems that very few people ever receive the orders they've paid for. I should have done the check before ordering, but I just didn't think.

So, am I right in thinking that I simply email them and ask for a refund and that cancels my order? If they don't reply (and others have tried this) what do I do next?

This is brand new territory to me so please accept my apologies if it appears like you're explaining this to a complete idiot (actually, you'd probably find explaining it to a complete idiot easier).

Thanks again

The history of complaints suggests that it's a waste of time to complain to the seller, so the advice would then be to sue the firm, except that it may be just as much of a waste of time if the reason for the poor performance is a firm on the rocks, failing to make ends meet, or downright criminal.

It is an offence to start with, to trade with no contact details other than email, which is to suggest to report that to Trading Standards and insist that they investigate.

You may find that an enforcement officer is not exactly in need of the extra work, tending to the view that it serves you right if you were daft enough to buy from a firm with no contact details. Point out none the less that

Duty to enforce

19.—(1) It shall be the duty of every enforcement authority to enforce these Regulations.

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 No. 1277

Why does anybody pay money to a site like that, with nothing apparent to tell who runs it?

Fortunately, a name and address comes up here: argoth.co.uk WHOIS domain registration information from Network Solutions

I would trace the local Trading Standards office and have a word with them about it, wherever it is. If you go to your own local office they would forward the complaint to the same place anyway.

Our Contact details:

Riverside View

Thornes Lane

Wakefield

WF1 5QW

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Our Contact details:

Riverside View

Thornes Lane

Wakefield

WF1 5QW

I have a feeling this could just be a maildrop as there's a mail forwarding company at that address

I don't know why I didn't check out the reviews first, I usually do, but I was tired and in a rush, so I got sloppy.

An address should be available sufficient to send a summons to if need be, which is to suggest that the failure to declare as much is a deliberate attempt to avoid the responsibility.

Not only is that a matter of common sense, it's a legal requirement:

The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002

A supplier is also bound by the Distance Selling Regulations to inform the consumer that the right exists to cancel the contract.

Did it happen?

Presumably not, so that is also an offence.