When I was a kid.......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I was a kid, mum would send me to the shops with 50p.

I could get a Wham Bar, a bag of Pick 'n' Mix, a Comic Book,

cans of Fizzy Pop, a big Bag Of Crisps & a Gobstopper... AND

come home with loads of change.

You can't do that these days..............

And why?

Bloomin CCTV.....That's why:mad:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I remember larger being 38p for a half.

20 x No.6 cigarettes where 36p

After a swim at the local pool you could get a hot chocolate from the vending machine for 5p

I remember larger being 38p for a half.

20 x No.6 cigarettes where 36p

After a swim at the local pool you could get a hot chocolate from the vending machine for 5p

Lol did you mean lager? :D

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Lol at Sod'em...reminds me of a light fingered friend of mine from many, many years ago (way before CCTV). She used to go into the little sweet shop which was run from the back of the owners house, all the sweets were kept on trays according to price. She would ask to look at the 6d (sixpenny) tray which was kept in the next room as 6d was expensive! While the old lady fetched it, my friend would fill her pockets from the penny tray which was left on the counter. Sometimes she really did have a sixpence and would buy a coffee walnut whip.

Her exploits became known eventually and my Dad wouldn't let me play out with her again!

Our local swimming pool had a machine which you could get unsuspecting people a cup of every flavour it had.... you turned a dial and if you were feeling evil the favourite mix was coke and chicken soup with extra milk and sugar....

I dont know if its my hand that got bigger or waggon wheels that got smaller but I am sure they used to be mahoosive in comparison to the ones they sell now....and I remember mars bars being too sickly to eat a whole one!

Lol obviously its not just my hands that have got bigger! :eek:

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

chips were 3 old pence fish cakes were 3 old pence

thats one and a half new penny to you childerbeasts

now wheres me teeth?

:eek:

What was that chippy called?

Flintstones Fish and Chips?:p

What is this thread, CAG's nursing home?

*Bookie legs it before someone throws a zimmer frame at her*

:p

Run all you like.

These mobility scooters are pretty nippy nowadays:-D

Lol isnt it funny how nostalgia has a very rose tinted lens, we dont seem to hark back to the three day week, power cuts, sunday closing, nothing on the telly, bad fashion (until it becomes retro and then its fasionable again) riots, union rule...it wasnt all wagonwheels and chips!

I remember when I could go out with the guys and girls from work, have a fantastic night out, then a nice chicken kebab with loads of chili sauce, garlic mayo (but only if not pulled) ;) Taxi home, and still have enough left over from £70 to buy a newspaper the next morning.

It was only last weekend lol.

Facebook peeps who know me, check out the piccies in my photo album. :grin:

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I remember in the 70's the breadman use to drive around ringing his bell and my mum would send me out to get a couple loaves of Sunblest. Then there was the Alpine popman aswell.

I remember in the 70's the breadman use to drive around ringing his bell and my mum would send me out to get a couple loaves of Sunblest. Then there was the Alpine popman aswell.

The only bell we used to hear on the streets was that of the Candy Floss van. Better than ice cream.:D

They still come round now (once every blue moon).

The beano use to be 40p. Oh i loved my beano day.

Also the sweets use to be worth the money you spend on them. I use to buy a wispa a flake and a twirl and still have change from £1. not a lot mind but it was still change. I am lucky if i dont get robbed now for a wispa they now cost 55p, with a twirl being 60p and a flake being 60p.

Oh and cereal use to taste a hell of a lot better and the shops always done your favorites.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.