• Tweets

• London1971 without divulging too much into his mental health he has issues regarding anything to do with government and so is it ok to fill the forms provided and what do I put on there  thanks  
    • Dear all, I am hoping for some advice/guidance on this matter. I received a LoC dated 12/04/24 and replied to this on the 2/05/24 disputing claim with the following reasons: 1: [Inadequate Affordability Assessment]: I contend that your institution failed to conduct a thorough assessment of my financial circumstances prior to approving the loan. As a result, the loan amount and repayment terms were not suitable for my income and financial situation. 2: [Unsustainable Repayments]: The repayment schedule imposed by the loan agreement placed an undue burden on my finances, making it impossible for me to meet my other financial obligations without experiencing significant hardship. 3: [Lack of Transparency]: Your institution did not adequately disclose the risks associated with the loan, including any potential increases in interest rates or fees over the loan term. I also added the following: Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations, lenders have a legal obligation to conduct thorough affordability assessments and ensure that loan agreements are suitable for borrowers' circumstances. I hereby request that your institution: 1: Conduct a full investigation into my claim of irresponsible lending. 2: Provide me with copies of all documentation related to the loan application and approval process, including affordability assessments, credit checks, and correspondence. 3: Cease all collection activities related to the loan until this matter is resolved. Yesterday i received the attached reply via email and it included: 1: The Original Loan agreement 2: An account statement 3: A copy of a default notice letter. The email included a link for a direct debit set up page where you enter their reference and your bank account details (looks like a standard D/D set up page) but there is nothing to indicate the amount of the D/D that I might be agreeing to. I also think two days response time is not long enough to appropriately reply. Any thoughts appreciated   Email-compressed.pdf
    • Easy to set one up on Gov.uk , search on Google.
    • Hi London  he doesn’t have government gateway. Should we do it via post?
    • If you are helping a family member you are going to need their Government Gateway details in order to Log in to MCOL .
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

philips bailiffs chasing studio card debt?

mickjo1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all.could someone give me some advice.

my son is in debt with loans

the dca have passed them on to philips bailifs.

someone from philips visited my house last week for my son

my wife told them he no longer lives here anymore as she has had a big argument with him and she kicked him out and she has no forward address for him.

yesterday there was a hand delivered letter from philips saying unless he pays up their will come back to remove goods.

today philips phoned my father who is 86 years old in in very poor health demanding a contact address for my son.

he told them he has no contact with him and their got very abrupt with him.

he phoned my wife and he was very upset.

can philips phone my father up like this or is there someting i can do to stop it.

regards

mick

Put it in writing to Philips that your son no longer lives there. If they call again phone the Police.

I'm currently having a real game with Philips chasing me for my son's outstanding fines. Philips speak to you like you are something they've stepped because they assume they can get away with it, and most the time they probably do.

I've had to get a Statutory Declaration Notarised by a Solicitor today to try and stop Philips obtaining forceful entry to my property, which is worrying me sick, especially when I am not the person who is liable for the fines. I'm still not sure whether this is going to be enough to get them off my back, but one can only try.

It may be worth writing a letter to the person who contracted the Bailiff in the first place. Once they know that your son no longer resides in your property you can hold them equally liable if the bailiff act unlawfully, which may force them to withdraw the warrant (it's not working in my case, but I will have an extremely strong case for restitution if the bailiff gains entry to my property).

Good luck

Put it in writing to the Bailiffs that your father is a pensioner and vulnerable and refer them to the National Standards of Enforcement.

Tell them you will ONLY deal with any correspondence in writing, and simply put the phone down if they phone. Tell your father to do the same.

If they put anything in their correspondence that misrepresents their powers you can take action against them and they could lose their license.

"The power of the pen is mightier than the sword" ;)

thanks pixidust i keep getting phone calls from dca for him and i tell the he no longer lives here but their take no notice .it just that their are contacting my father now and i find it very annoying

do you know if this is a fine they are collecting or a ccj debt

Amend this letter and send it for both yourself and your dad you may want to add to it that your father is 86 years old and the person they are looking for does not live at your address nor your fathers and you have no knowledge of his whereabouts

Dear Sir or Madam

Harassment by telephone

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully, **Print name do not sign**

yesterday there was a hand delivered letter from Philip's saying unless he pays up their will come back to remove goods

you may also want to remind them that as there is no ccj and they are collecting this debt as debt collectors and not bailiffs they have no legal right to threaten to remove goods belonging to anybody regardless of who's the dept belongs to and a complaint will be going to FSO

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

and the Ministry of justice as you feel they are abusing there powers as an enforcement company when collecting unpaid debt that has not subject to court action

Hi all,

It's a long time since I've posted on this site, but seeing the name Philips really makes my blood boil. They are currently under investigation from my local Trading Standards following a complaint made by me regarding their methods of collection. Basically they are thugs and threaten vunerable people with removal of goods despite just turning up on the doorstep with no proof of a debt existing, and threatening to remove things from the house if the debt isn't paid there and then. This happened to my wife oone day when I was at work, someone turned up claiming that she owes some money to Virgin media, she knew nothing about it and was threatened that he will return in an hour with a removal van and take things from the house. Obviously she was terrified and paid, despite me telling her to phone the police. This supposed debt was only £80, but I have not let this matter lie and am doing all I can to make sure these type of people are not deamed worthy to have a credit licence.

Amazingly, the council who are investigating them are now using them to recover council debt such as housing/council tax benefit overpayment. The people who are in council arrears tend to be elderly, lowpaid vunerable people, I dread to think what would happen if a Philips thug turn up on a old persons doorstep an starts threatening them.

I have wrote to the council manager and have asked them to re-consider using this company as I don't think a local council should be associated with this sort of company, I have been promised a reply from the council within 2 weeks. I have also made Philips aware of my complaint about them to the council, so hopefully they will start losing business because of this. I will use posts from this site as evidence to the council of the behaviour of these peope to support my case.

I will even consider taking this case to my local MP and newspaper if need be.

• 1 year later...

hi all can someone give me some advice please.

my wife had studio and was paying the monthly payment on time until her hours was cut and after a couple of weeks she lost her job.

she contacted studio and told them she has lost her job and can no longer keep up the monthly payments and offered a reduce payment of £5 per month

but studio refused to accept it but only will accept an offer that she could not afford.

she sent a postal order to them and has set up a s/o of £5 which has been sent from her bank.

studio has phoned her today asking why she has not paid

she told the lady she has set up a s/o and that it was sent on the 19th December

she said that they will not accept s/o

and they have not received it

my wife ask where the money as gone and

she said that my wife has to contact her bank and ask them.

she went on to ask for a payment

and my wife told he that she has sent the money by s/o

and she is not paying no more

she was very rude to my wife

saying we have sent you four letters about this

dont you read your mail and you want to make your mind up

because you keep changing your story m

y wife put the phone down on her.

my wife is starting to worry about this now.

i have checked the s/o details and the sort code and bank account number is the same as the one on studios paying in slips.any help would be most grateful

kind regards

Michael

what is it with all these catologue company do they just hire idiots to mann the phones...if they continue to phone send the harassment letter from the library i did and it stopped the calls, then continue to pay £5 a month send a postal order or pay with the payment slips keep a record these companys are toothless i have learned this since i joined this website...dont worry and please have a great xmas...

• 1 month later...

hi all please can someone give me some advise please.

i have a debt with studio and i have offered them £5 per month and i set up a s/o the money has been coming out of my bank every month since November.

i have now been getting phone calls from lewis debt recovery saying that there have took over the debt and that £5 per month is not good enough

i have told them that i am paying studio by s/o and told them not to phone me only to write to me .

i got a letter from them today saying that i have to fill out a income and expenditure form before they can consider any offer

and that its in my best interest to provide this information or they will take the matter further.

thanks in advance

mick

Sounds like Studio accepted a concessionary repayment agreement with you at £5 per month, just continue to pay the SO, Lewis Debt Recovery have no grounds to state the amount is not acceptable or that you have to fill in an Income and Expenditure form, whilst Lewis Debt Recovery may threaten all sorts they cannot do anything while you continue to pay Studio.

Keep hold of all correspondance with the envalopes.

useless no powers muppets

ignore them

not got any £12 PENALTY chargs to reclaim have you?

most cat debts are littered with them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

me thinks you need to get reclaiming !!!

you'll need all the statements so i'd SAR studio.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...