• Tweets

• I have just read the smaller print on their signs. It says that you can pay at the end of your parking session. given that you have ten minutes grace period the 35 seconds could easily have been taken up with walking back to your car, switching on the engine and then driving out. Even in my younger days when I used to regularly exceed speed limits, I doubt I could have done that in 35 seconds even when I  had a TR5.
    • Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would anyone of you guys suggest I should stop paying them?

Unless you're going to get up on your soap box and declare you're above the law I would suggest you ignore what the reprobates on this site are saying and do what you feel is right (else risk being hounded out for being a 'dodgy poster' for not toeing the 'I'm not paying a penny' line).

Having the integrity to do the right thing when others (ie BPF) are not will be to your benefit. Could go some way to explaining why I have a refund and no one else has.

Good luck

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless you're going to get up on your soap box and declare you're above the law I would suggest you ignore what the reprobates on this site are saying and do what you feel is right (else risk being hounded out for being a 'dodgy poster' for not toeing the 'I'm not paying a penny' line).

Having the integrity to do the right thing when others (ie BPF) are not will be to your benefit. Could go some way to explaining why I have a refund and no one else has.

Good luck

Bull ****!!

Good luck

Reprobates? That's a tad harsh is it not? Why don't you GTF mate.

Good luck

Interesting how the use of the word 'dodgy' brings feedme crawling out from under his stone. Some of us have long memories. This character talked a lot of nonsense before. Read the comments again feedme. No-one is encouraging the guy not to pay. We're just saying ' everyone has to make their own decision'. Congratulations on your refund by the way!!

Interesting how the use of the word 'dodgy' brings feedme crawling out from under his stone. Some of us have long memories. This character talked a lot of nonsense before. Read the comments again feedme. No-one is encouraging the guy not to pay. We're just saying ' everyone has to make their own decision'. Congratulations on your refund by the way!!

I dont believe he had a refund.. he would have been on this site to tell "how" he got it.. at least that is what many of us would have done.

I tried really hard to be reasonable with BPF.. for many months.. even when they issued us with the letter telling us about computeach.. I still tried to communicate with BPF.. each time I had a refusel and told I must pay.. even refused to allow me to talk with their customer services manager.. could only talk to the reps who answer the phones and they.. know nothing.. see nothing.. hear nothing.. and they work there aparently?? just tell you that you must pay.

Good luck

@Feedme..If u really had a refund from BPF, Do u really need to sneak into this site posts? I dont think so!! Be happy with ur refund, we all r still struggling to sort out this s**t. So please dont try to create useless arguments here!! Instead why can't u post some info about how did u manage to get refund. Couple of people here are still paying for BPF coz of their personal circumstances, but no one had posted here about refund. Myself paid untill August, what i got back..lots of stress n complete waste of money. Lots of us check this thread everyday to get something back. No offence, Just wasting time for others.

Edited by raj4u

Feedme if you have nothing positive to say say nothing, what do they say about empty vessels making the loudest noise. Many of us post messeages of encouragement on this site and try to share information to help each other out. Not one person has said that Arlee should not pay? what they have said is that he has to make up his own mind.

Hi all. My case is now being dealt with by the adjudicator from FOS. Looking through paperwork to send to them, and I have a few interesting documents. One stating jobs (letter is headed with Advent logo) I could get if MCSE qualified, although they even say you need experience on them! Yet was told I could walk into these with the MCSE. Also have another one of their documents saying "860" hours to become MCSE qualified (miss selling hmmm?). Looking through so will let you know of anything else I find... 8-)

Our lawyer has heard of NO ONE who has had a refund from BPF (or else she would have signed the case off by now and we'd all be richer again!) and nor have I in the hundreds of emails I've had to Fuzzbutt, except one.The only person who HAS had a successful refund that I'm aware of was a lady that took out a BPF loan just before Advent folded, and was luckily still within the 30 day cancellation zone - but even she had to get that via complaints to Trading Standards and FOS. She contacted me to tell me and gave permission for details to be passed to our lawyer in case it could help others.

Maybe Feedme would like to post his/her correspondence from BPF, explaining what circumstances his refund was returned in, if that was the case?

Or perhaps Feedme is just a wind-up merchant troll. In which case ignore is the best tactic until they get bored and go away again. :yawn:

Edited by Fuzzbutt

Our lawyer has heard of NO ONE who has had a refund from BPF (or else she would have signed the case off by now and we'd all be richer again!) and nor have I in the hundreds of emails I've had to Fuzzbutt, except one.The only person who HAS had a successful refund that I'm aware of was a lady that took out a BPF loan just before Advent folded, and was luckily still within the 30 day cancellation zone - but even she had to get that via complaints to Trading Standards and FOS. She contacted me to tell me and gave permission for details to be passed to our lawyer in case it could help others.

Maybe Feedme would like to post his/her correspondence from BPF, explaining what circumstances his refund was returned in, if that was the case?

Or perhaps Feedme is just a wind-up merchant troll. In which case ignore is the best tactic until they get bored and go away again. :yawn:

Actually Fuzz I signed up just before advent went bust.. my loan details state I started on 15/12/2009, my first payment went out to BPF on 15/01/2010 just days before we had that email from Advent, I was not even in the country until 18/01/2010 had been away over the Christmas and new year (so no training for me).

and another thing I was aproved for this loan despite being out of work for the past six months prior (and I still am not in work) how could that be possible? BPF have not bothered at all to look into any of it.

So that poster feedme if he really got his refund?.. instead of slagging us off on here, maybe he should be informing us of how he got his refund.

Hi all. I've noticed my little question casued a little disagreement. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do, mostly because of very little knowledge of what may or would happen if I stopped paying. That's why I tried to find some answers. I keep visiting this forum on a daily basis.

Just one more thing for Feedme: Why won't you post the whole story of how you've managed to get the refund from BFP? C'mon man... We're not naive...

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do, mostly because of very little knowledge of what may or would happen if I stopped paying.

Well, if the treatment I'm getting is any indication, you'll get Barclays Partner Finance ignoring your dispute letters, 4 harassment calls a day, everyday from Mercers for 2 months nonstop and then threatening letters from Mercers with "You must pay" in capital letters.

Well, if the treatment I'm getting is any indication, you'll get Barclays Partner Finance ignoring your dispute letters, 4 harassment calls a day, everyday from Mercers for 2 months nonstop and then threatening letters from Mercers with "You must pay" in capital letters.

Yes BPf do have a habit of ignoring my letters disputing.. and even when they did give me 8 weeks to answer a compalint letter.. with the other hand they set the second debt collecting agency onto me.. two faced or what?

I set trading standards onto Mercers.. no more letters from them they even did not answer trading standards

The second debt collector when I did a google on the company and found thet the director was an ex-Barclays boss.. I ignored them also.

Moorcroft wrote and did the usual with bold lettering and threat .. threat.. court.. threat all over it, I sent the standard form letter asking them can I have a copy of the dead of assignment also pointing out its a criminal offence to demand money without it, the wrote back and said they will apply for it from BPF.. and while I was at it could I tell them what I was planning to do to fight BPF in court.. what a joke!!

so this is 11 months down the line, Barclays partner finance cant or wont talk with the customers and all they know is to hit you with a stick.. thats good customer relations for you.

What I want to know is why is nothing being flagged on the Ombudsman organisation.. they must have seen the hugh amount of complaints about all this never mind read about it on the news on the internet.. yet they stick their head in the ground and say.. its all ok Barclays told us they are looking after you so nothing to worry about.. shirt's stuffed full of ****.. to quote a phrase.. (anyone know where from??)

Edited by 10pack

Actually Fuzz I signed up just before advent went bust.. my loan details state I started on 15/12/2009, my first payment went out to BPF on 15/01/2010 just days before we had that email from Advent, I was not even in the country until 18/01/2010 had been away over the Christmas and new year (so no training for me).

and another thing I was aproved for this loan despite being out of work for the past six months prior (and I still am not in work) how could that be possible? BPF have not bothered at all to look into any of it.

So that poster feedme if he really got his refund?.. instead of slagging us off on here, maybe he should be informing us of how he got his refund.

One of the issues that a majority of people seem to be raising is mis-selling, which is stronger now than the like-for-like argument now Computeach has re-designed it's courses to match Advent's.

Hausfeld have raised this with BPF. Mis-selling seems to have been a key thing with a large number of people, with loans to inappropriate people (part-time/unemployed) as well as bad advice to guarantors from Advent salespeople, plus the promises of guaranteed job placements.

Hi all. I've noticed my little question casued a little disagreement. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do, mostly because of very little knowledge of what may or would happen if I stopped paying. That's why I tried to find some answers. I keep visiting this forum on a daily basis.

Just one more thing for Feedme: Why won't you post the whole story of how you've managed to get the refund from BFP? C'mon man... We're not naive...

As 10pack and Roadie said, Arlee, you'll get constant harrassment from debt collectors if you don't pay and probably a bad credit rating BUT be mindful that...

• the harrassment is unlawful and against the Office of Fair Trade Guidelines of good practice.
  • demanding a Deed of Assignment letter (which the debt collection agency is required by law to produce as proof the debt has been passed to them by Barclays) has not been offered in any case I'm aware of!
  • BPF should not be chasing a debt if the account is in dispute and part of a legal investigation and challenge.

If you do go ahead and continue paying then you won't have that hassle, but your choice of course. You'll then have to take legal action to get your money back from Barclays. Technically you are breaching the contract with BPF if you refuse to pay but so far no one doing that has been taken to court, despite Barclays huffing and puffing and threatening some people with court action (see the Facebook group 'Advent scammed Us' for some of the horror stories there).

Many of us have joined a group action to do this and get our money back and challenge Computeach as an enforced provider we didn't choose and don't want.

Edited by Fuzzbutt

As 10pack and Roadie said, Arlee, you'll get constant harrassment from debt collectors if you don't pay and probably a bad credit rating BUT be mindful that...

• the harrassment is unlawful and against the Office of Fair Trade Guidelines of good practice.
  • demanding a Deed of Assignment letter (which the debt collection agency is required by law to produce as proof the debt has been passed to them by Barclays) has not been offered in any case I'm aware of!
  • BPF should not be chasing a debt if the account is in dispute and part of a legal investigation and challenge.

If you do go ahead and continue paying then you won't have that hassle, but your choice of course. You'll then have to take legal action to get your money back from Barclays. Technically you are breaching the contract with BPF if you refuse to pay but so far no one doing that has been taken to court, despite Barclays huffing and puffing and threatening some people with court action (see the Facebook group 'Advent [problem]med Us' for some of the horror stories there).

Many of us have joined a group action to do this and get our money back and challenge Computeach as an enforced provider we didn't choose and don't want.

The problem DCA's have in getting a DOA from the original credit supplier is that this is only legally passed over with the original signed contract/agreement when the debt is sold on.

Now debt's are usually sold on in bulk, not one at a time [usually between 8-12 pence in the pound] This is in effect writing off the debt's.A DCA will not really be able to get hold of the DOA and agreement unless they have purchased the debt.So really this makes the likes of Moorcroft etc just bounty hunters, collecting for BPF [illegally] if they can on a commission basis.

One thing to remember, if the agreement/contract has not been signed by BPF [ as is in my situation, and possibly many others] it's not enforcable in a court of law.Thus a stand off. One argument BPF would have is that once a person started paying back the loan, they infact had recognised the debt, but they [bPF] would have to take you to court, then you can start throwing your argument at them about the whole fiasco - in the court.....

are they going to take the chance and possibily open the flood gates? who know's.

Edited by lowdown

Just popped into BBC Watchdog website. Thought it'd b a good idea to send them an email regarding this whole crap. Fuzz - has anyone tried cotacting them? It's a good story, everyone's has got it's own epxeriences dealing with it and it would draw public's attention. Also, Barclay's wouldn't be happy with such a "publicity" :) They are stealing the money from us and then build very nice offices and branches for it. 10pack knows what I mean... (i.e NEW CityCentre Branch??)

Edited by arlee

Just popped into BBC Watchdog website. Thought it'd b a good idea to send them an email regarding this whole crap. Fuzz - has anyone tried cotacting them? It's a good story, everyone's has got it's own epxeriences dealing with it and it would draw public's attention. Also, Barclay's wouldn't be happy with such a "publicity" :) They are stealing the money from us and then build very nice offices and branches for it. 10pack knows what I mean... (i.e NEW CityCentre Branch??)

They have been already, search Barclays partner finance on youtube, I would post the link but I can't because I haven't posted enough yet.

Yes, they had a lot of documentation from me a long time ago. The 'One Show' also interviwed me and Ingrid, and Duane (another student) and made a rather disappointing 3 min feature which didn't really highlight much so far as the protest and unfairness of Barclays behaviour went (that's also on YouTube).

Hi guys

I have posted about my dealings with the debts collectors moorcroft and that i sent them the standard letter asking them for deed of assignment.

They answered that they would apply for it from barclays..Have not heard anything from them since that time but..

this morning in the post a strange thing arrived from barclays.. a copy of my agreement , and the letter with it saying "please find enclosed your requested copy of agreement".

I did not request this and wondering what new tactic barclays are up to now?

Might be worth taking it to your local CAB for their legal advisor to look over maybe, 10pack. Odd, as you say, when so far when asked for a Deed letter people are reporting that the debt collector falls silent or says they are passsing the debt 'back to Barclays'!

Might be worth taking it to your local CAB for their legal advisor to look over maybe, 10pack. Odd, as you say, when so far when asked for a Deed letter people are reporting that the debt collector falls silent or says they are passsing the debt 'back to Barclays'!

Some of these DCA's, Moorcroft being one of them, Allied and Cabot amongst others being used - have all had problems trying to get their licence's renewded of late.

So all walking tightropes, and can not really have a ton of complaints going to goverening bodies about their behaviour - otherwise it's curtains on the licence.

This information is all available on this Consumer Action group website.

I just like to point out that DCA probing is not a hobby of mine.:smile:

Edited by lowdown

HI there,

Just found this thread. I was a student at Advent and took out a Career Development loan. Am looking in to what I can do to get my loan cancelled/repaid. Is this the right place for info or is there another thread for people with CDLs?

James Thomas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks