Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Ive posted the same thing now and im getting rearlly fustrated now. Im one of the unlucky ones who got a guarentor to sign my contract for me, and Im now lost on where to go. Can someone please give me some possible options on what I can do now as I know sec 75 doesnt cover me now. Im not willing to make a claim to be a unsecured creditor with Advent, as im going to get nothing back. Computeach will only con me when I sign up for them as I had 4 weeks left on my course end date, and after i sign they will then ask for monthy payments. So im king of screwed paying back this loan.

Can anyone help at all as im not the only one in this situation with regards to the guarentors, so if somebody on here in the same situation as me, can you reply and advise what is the best course of action.

Thanks

Hi! I'm in the same situation as there are more of us. I don't know a best thing to do especially for us whom are uncovered by S75. I signed up to the legal team and hope something good will come out for us as well, eventually.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys

I have been away for the past month so only now have I sent my letter in to moorcock asking them for deed of assignment with a £1 postal order.

Has anyone done this and did they get a reply?

Hi Guys

I have been away for the past month so only now have I sent my letter in to moorcock asking them for deed of assignment with a £1 postal order.

Has anyone done this and did they get a reply?

Sent my £1 off to Moorcroft about 10 days ago. (Recorded delivery). No reply as yet.

Sent my £1 off to Moorcroft about 10 days ago. (Recorded delivery). No reply as yet.

Its been a week for me also.. even wrote to barclays complaining about their back stabbing.. setting multipile debt collectors on me while pretending to investigate my complaints at the same time .....!

Hi! I'm in the same situation as there are more of us. I don't know a best thing to do especially for us whom are uncovered by S75. I signed up to the legal team and hope something good will come out for us as well, eventually.

I am in the same situation as you and am anxiously awaiting some news. Will send a letter to BPF requested a copy of the signed agreement and see what happens.

FOS was late getting back to us (me and my fiancee) so we chased them up about it.

Apparently we would have had a strong case against barclays (we were going with misselling as our strongest argument) but because the loan is in someones name other than the person who is training we have no chance.

I want to know why S75 doesnt cover us. The loan is clearly for training it says so on the loan contract we signed.

Also from the info FOS gave us it says Barclays found us the replacement provider in march. If the FOS thinks that it makes me wonder what Barclays have been telling them.

FOS was late getting back to us (me and my fiancee) so we chased them up about it.

Apparently we would have had a strong case against barclays (we were going with misselling as our strongest argument) but because the loan is in someones name other than the person who is training we have no chance.

I want to know why S75 doesnt cover us. The loan is clearly for training it says so on the loan contract we signed.

Also from the info FOS gave us it says Barclays found us the replacement provider in march. If the FOS thinks that it makes me wonder what Barclays have been telling them.

I agree with you, it should not matter who took out the loan and who it is for.. the loan was taken out to pay for goods or services it should be same as any other way of paying for goods.

what if you had a jumper brought for for you by your mom and it did not fit.. does it mean you have to give it back to your mom to change because the shop said you are not allowed to change it because you did not pay for it.. even if you have the receipt?.

Stinks...

Anyone had a reply for deed of assigment requests yet?

I am still waiting for my reply from moorcroft its been over a week now, I would have expected something by now if they was legit and had their finger on the pulse..

I have seaked some advice from the CAB recently and they are telling me unless BPF can produce the contractual agreement then the contract is void, no proof to back up their argument.

I am also another where my loan was taken out with a guarantor... i have requested the contract of agreement today and also many times before but not once have they posted me this agreement, also with my guarantor's consent. So will wait on what happens.

Hi all,

This is my first ever post. Only saw this thread last night and have been catching up on the last 10 pages or so. My situation is slightly different. I took a loan out with Barclays Finance but then paid for the course in full (electronic transfer from my HSBC account) around a year later. Since my first complaint, it has taken me over 6 months (202 days) to get to where I am now...

Yesterday, I received my first call from the FOSs adjudicator who will be dealing with my case. This was the first time I spoke to her. Until I read the posts on here, I was filled with a slight hope. Now, on the other hand, anxiety is back with a vengance.

I am going down the miss-selling route and that I wasn't provided with the correct study material. The usual lies apply here: "You can take as long as you need" "The MCSE course is suitable for beginners" not to mention "You only need 8 hours a week of free time to study" Only now have I heard that (apparently) it quite clearly states on the Microsoft website that you should have 12-18 months experience as a systems engineer before attempting the MCSE.

It has taken Barclays until now to even respond to the FOS. I have pages and pages of dates and times I have spoke to all these organizations. Also lots of reviews from other users. I also have a friend who didn't end up signing up for the course, but had his own meeting and heard the same nonsense I was told by the training provider.

The FOS wants me to send paperwork (enrolment form etc) to them but now don't know who to trust? An older post on here suggested keeping hold of any documentation as they need to provide it. Also that FOS were working alongside Barclays?

I would like to help in any way I can. If anyone can give me a link to a template for a letter to an MP I will send one ASAP. Anything else I can do to help I'll do my best. Should I trust the FOS? :help:

Hi all,

This is my first ever post. Only saw this thread last night and have been catching up on the last 10 pages or so. My situation is slightly different. I took a loan out with Barclays Finance but then paid for the course in full (electronic transfer from my HSBC account) around a year later. Since my first complaint, it has taken me over 6 months (202 days) to get to where I am now...

Yesterday, I received my first call from the FOSs adjudicator who will be dealing with my case. This was the first time I spoke to her. Until I read the posts on here, I was filled with a slight hope. Now, on the other hand, anxiety is back with a vengance.

I am going down the miss-selling route and that I wasn't provided with the correct study material. The usual lies apply here: "You can take as long as you need" "The MCSE course is suitable for beginners" not to mention "You only need 8 hours a week of free time to study" Only now have I heard that (apparently) it quite clearly states on the Microsoft website that you should have 12-18 months experience as a systems engineer before attempting the MCSE.

It has taken Barclays until now to even respond to the FOS. I have pages and pages of dates and times I have spoke to all these organizations. Also lots of reviews from other users. I also have a friend who didn't end up signing up for the course, but had his own meeting and heard the same nonsense I was told by the training provider.

The FOS wants me to send paperwork (enrolment form etc) to them but now don't know who to trust? An older post on here suggested keeping hold of any documentation as they need to provide it. Also that FOS were working alongside Barclays?

I would like to help in any way I can. If anyone can give me a link to a template for a letter to an MP I will send one ASAP. Anything else I can do to help I'll do my best. Should I trust the FOS? :help:

Why would you trust someone who seeks not the good of people?

Hi everyone,

It's so sad to see so many others in the same position and I too was mis-sold the idea of being my ex-partners "sponsor" as he was interested in doing the course with Advent. He feels he was mis-sold in terms of not being told he would have to visit an on-site centre every so often which wasn't possible as he didn't drive at the time.

I was also told that I was just the sponsor and wouldn't have to pay a penny, it's just a reference for them in case but they are so confident in their sleves that my ex-partner would be able to pay this himself once he has completed the course. Also the form I have signed would be changed into his name after the years interest free is up.

Now I am a student myself studying a degree in London, have broken up from my ex-partner (but luckily able to talk in regards to this matter) but am coming home to Bristol to find my parents receiving letters from Barclays. At least the phone calls have stopped although they have my old mobile number so thats impossible but for a time they were ringing my parents home number and causing them distress also.

It's disheartening to hear the same things over again as I have had the same conversations and same arguments with them and they sound lovely and helpful on the phone but are they actually doing anything to help?? NO!

I am really at a loss and haven't paid a penny and refuse to. I'm not sure how anyone could side with Barclays when things are clearly stated in their contract with us as the consumer. I have written to them but have only contacted them until now where I am hoping to find some advice on what to do next. Im not sure I can go to any PPI agencies for help as I haven't paid a penny knowing that I was told I wouldn't have to at the start. It's something Barclays need to take up with Advent in my eyes and they shouldn't have financed for such a dodgy selling company!

Im so angry and feel backed into a corner. My ex-partner hasn't even taken 1 module of the test and it isn't like Computeach have made an effort to contact him. They have contacted me as I had his old number but were even then rude to me when I tried to ask what was going on BUT no, it isn't MY course so they won't talk to me even though it's technically in my name to pay for it! ARGH! Even when they rang last and I begged them to keep ringing my ex as him and I weren't talking at the time he claims he hasn't spoken to them once. I think he has received some emails but thats it, as far as he's concerned he told this DEBORAH at Advent he wanted to cancel and they had agreed to this.

I feel Im caught in the middle running around for information when it isn't really anything to do with me, it was a kind loving thing I did at the time because I wanted to support my ex and it appears to have landed me in a big pile of CRAP!

If anyone has anything to offer I would so so so so grateful,

Kind regards

Hi Guys

Had a reply from moorcroft :) Any one else had a reply back from them? in fact has anyone had replies to any of the debt collecting agencies that have been sent our way? would be good to compare notes

So they mention..this is not word for word.. they waffle a bit

in answer to my request for a copy of their deed of assignment they are informing me the have now requested it from Barclays partner finance.. I would have thought they would have to have this first before demanding money?

They have put on hold their collection activities against me.. ?

and while I am waiting could I tell them what legal proceedings I am taking and to provide information of what my actions will be??

What?? :???:

Why would you trust someone who seeks not the good of people?

Luckily I haven't sent any information to the FOS as yet. I just thought the FOS were set up to be on no ones side and come to a fair resolution? Also if anyone knows a template so I can write to my local MP? Whatever I can do to help. If anyone knows anything about my situation please also let me know. My original post was #5153. :help: Thanks.

Thats because they need a DOA to collect money - and they know it...:oops:

Thats what I thought.. so the fact they demanded money off me with theats.. surely they have commited an offence just by doing that.. so they wrote in their reply they was now applying for the DOA.. a bit late!!

Thats what I thought.. so the fact they demanded money off me with theats.. surely they have commited an offence just by doing that.. so they wrote in their reply they was now applying for the DOA.. a bit late!!

Fraudulently trying to obtain money i think it comes under.Report them to the govererning bodies.

The other thing is they don't have to apply for a DOA - Its given to them [with a copy of the original contract/agreement] if the debt was sold to them.

These people really are clowns.I just read elsewhere that they are only bounty hunters working on commission if they can collect money.

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I don't know if anyone has rang Barclays to make a claim under Section75 of the Consumer Credit Act to proceed with the claim?I was told it's not for Barclays to fulfill the contract,it's for Advent.Also someone made a very good point that we need to look into why Advent went bust at the first place,it was a misselling by Barclays as well as by Advent.I joined them in November 2009 and two months later they were in adminitrations,don't tell me BPF didn't know anything .....

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I don't know if anyone has rang Barclays to make a claim under Section75 of the Consumer Credit Act to proceed with the claim?I was told it's not for Barclays to fulfill the contract,it's for Advent.Also someone made a very good point that we need to look into why Advent went bust at the first place,it was a misselling by Barclays as well as by Advent.I joined them in November 2009 and two months later they were in adminitrations,don't tell me BPF didn't know anything .....

I joined Advent in the middle of December 2009 and I went on holiday over the Christmas and new year, did not get back until 18th January so had no training at all.

Barclays had already made decision to cut funding end of September when the new boss arrived from American express, it was she who looked at the books and said to cut funding to a whole load of companies most of them training companies, they nearly all went bust within weeks of each other.. no coincidence, Barclays is the common denominator between them all.

I was out of work at the time I was signed up for the finance by Advent.. how was it I was given a loan? I was coming to the end of my job seekers payments, the last one was in the December so how could I be given a loan with an income of £250 per month taxable (yes dole office sent detail's to tax office they wanted their share of that money) and due to end the same month I do not get any dole money now, and have not worked in all this time... stinks.

Barclays was happy to give out money when things was going well, they took the profits and gave each other bonus payments because they was doing so well.. now its different story, we are all what they class as toxic debt.. they cant sell us on easily like they could have before, they know they are on a slippy slope and if they take us to court.. they have a good chance of losing because of what happened when we all signed up.

Miselling is what is going to sink the xxxxxxx ( Barclays partner finance are jointly and serverly liable with Advent) and when we sink em.. they will have to pay us compensation for stress and harrasment they have caused us all.

Edited by IdaInFife
please refrain from foul language

Many of us took out the loan because in theory once we succeed the first exam after about 3months training,we were promised to get a lot better paid job which would have had allow us to pay off the loan before it's due date.I was actually considering to pay off the £6000 before the interest and all,but the women I spoke to on the phone at BPF was ever so ignorant and sharp with me I couldnt beleive it.I told her that if they want me to pay the money I want to choose another course provider,then she said very bitterly that it's not that easy,so I told her I know I have the right to choose someone else for £6000,she fobbed me off sraight away by saying I have to write in,but of course as we all know here they like to take their time,so I sent them a very rude letter by email.I told them to ring me by Monday last week,well I don't even have to say that I've heard nothing since.Very poor service!!!!

I have to pay the loan by Saturday,I'm still in dilemma as I don't want debt collecters to harrass me,but if I pay then I reckon I can definately say goodbye to £6000.It won't matter for them if I pay or not as they managed to make a massive profit this year anyway.I think 10pack there is a case here to look into,especially for those who just signed up with Advent just before it went bust,like you.It is clear that it was a misselling.

To be honest with you when I rang Consumer Direct ,well they weren't helpful either.It seems like nobody wants to help us,but why??

Many of us took out the loan because in theory once we succeed the first exam after about 3months training,we were promised to get a lot better paid job which would have had allow us to pay off the loan before it's due date.I was actually considering to pay off the £6000 before the interest and all,but the women I spoke to on the phone at BPF was ever so ignorant and sharp with me I couldnt beleive it.I told her that if they want me to pay the money I want to choose another course provider,then she said very bitterly that it's not that easy,so I told her I know I have the right to choose someone else for £6000,she fobbed me off sraight away by saying I have to write in,but of course as we all know here they like to take their time,so I sent them a very rude letter by email.I told them to ring me by Monday last week,well I don't even have to say that I've heard nothing since.Very poor service!!!!

I have to pay the loan by Saturday,I'm still in dilemma as I don't want debt collecters to harrass me,but if I pay then I reckon I can definately say goodbye to £6000.It won't matter for them if I pay or not as they managed to make a massive profit this year anyway.I think 10pack there is a case here to look into,especially for those who just signed up with Advent just before it went bust,like you.It is clear that it was a misselling.

To be honest with you when I rang Consumer Direct ,well they weren't helpful either.It seems like nobody wants to help us,but why??

Its the FOS who are supposed to be helping us.. but they seem to be helping the banks instead.. Consumer direct are useful , when i called them for advice they told me to write a letter to Mercers explaining account was in dispute and to wait for a reply, if Mercers still harresed me then Consumer direct would contact my local trading statndards which is exactly what happened.. it too some weeks, I no longer heard anything from mercers or the other company, could I mention Mercers did not reply to trading standards letters for information of the business practice :).

yesterday got that latter from moorcroft and I think they are the same as the other agencies BPF have set on "Their Customers.. thats you and the rest of us".

I am of the opinion that if BPF thought they had a good case against us they would have taken us all to court by now.. but they wont because they know once we are in front of a Judge and not the FOS we will win.. the FOS in my opinion are too busy kissing the banks asses.. dont want to upset the banks would we?.. look at all the other companies that went to the wall with the financial crisis.. but no british banks went under.. teflon coated as far as the FOS is concerned.

And yes I was told the same thing because i was out of work and had the time to study after 3 months of study..Advents onsite job agency would have me in work so I could pay the loan because i would be working.. that is how they swung it with me.. otherwise i would have told them where to go because of the cost of the course.. it was the onsite job agency that made my mind up... they took my £500 deposit and legged it with the cash leaving me and the rest of us to swim.. these are the people the FOS should be investigating as well.. legalised robbery!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks