Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yeah I am on with the class action and all my letters will be sent.

thelizardking "Anyone managed to ascertain what actually counts as Barclayslink3.gif final response??"

At the bottom of my letter it states You may consider this letter and attachments to be our "final response" to your complaint.

Well they still aint getting any money out of me

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a thought..

Those of you concidering paying Barclays just so that you will be able to claim later.. while you are paying.. it is in effect still your money..they just have it.. will they give you the interest that money would have had in your bank accounts??

That is I think part of their plan they know they may have to give it back to you.. but while they have it you do not

The legal team are compiling the like for like case against Computeach now so if anyone please has evidence that they had 3 years, or even no dates, entered on their Advent agreement it would be appreciated if you could forward them a copy if you are part of the no win no fee group action. Mine had a set 2 years end date.

I'm aware some people have posted about this already but I'm obviously not at liberty to start copying documents people have posted without their permission.

Also, they need people's accounts on the workshop seminars they attended in Kidderminster. Were they any good? Was the tuition good standard? Did you have to wait ages before you got a place?

Legal team contact details on the student's website. Or send it to Fuzzbutt at the usual address to forward on.

Thanks.

Not sure if any of you guys saw this but there was a big thing about training providers on the bbc breakfast news this morning though looking into this, they didnt mention advent by name but they were definately one of the companies involved in the case studies mentioned, the experts were also quite clear the finance providers are liable though. Was on at 9:40 this morning, bbc 1

I have no start/end dates on my contract with advent, I already send this to the legal team at the start. I have since received an email from CT with a start and end date which they say they got from my advent file. I'll send that to the financial team on monday with another copy of my contract just in case :)

I did a 2 day workshop at Kidderminster[Advent]

I was offered a place, i replied, and did the workshop [sept 2008]

It was actually very good.Did mocks on the workshop, had a follow up

call from the tutor with some good help and advice.

The Tutors on the workshops did know their stuff.

You needed a 75% pass on the mocks, if you got that they would put

you through for the actual exam. [this is not the case with CT]

The workshop included tools at no extra charge, such as.....

Anti static kits etc, tool kit for PC maintenance..

Extra reading material, links to on-line sim training in the states.

Not much in the greater scheme of things, but never the less you got the impression that you paid them a lot of money so they were doing their job.

Edited by lowdown

Just re looked over my contracts and agreements.

And there is no time limit stated.

Just Systems Engineer self pace study.

Yet CT told me on the phone, after reviewing all Advent paper work

passed over to them, i had a time limit after this i would have to pay the extra fee's.Not what BPF are saying.

Well either they were just lying or they really do not know what they are doing.

I asked CT to remove me from their data base.

The reply from CT was they would retain all my training materials for when i sign up.

Edited by lowdown

Anyone managed to ascertain what actually counts as barclays final response?? jus got all my stuff sent back from fos sayin gotta wait 8 weeks as none of my latters count as final response although they seem pretty final 'you got computeach blah dee blah' stalling tactics!! cant be overly confident :rolleyes:

They'll say their complaints procedure is exhausted and all basically they will not correspond with you on the matter anymore, you need to go to FO if you're not happy with the outcome!

When Barclays sent my final response, they also sent me a copy of my contract and high lighted where it says 2 year contract.

I am aware of this but like you guys have said, the salesman said it's not set in stone, take as long as you like.

Since I spoke to the Salesman from Advent and he was keen to help, he now hasn't replied to my email for the last week! :(

When Barclays sent my final response, they also sent me a copy of my contract and high lighted where it says 2 year contract.

:(

Well..... point out to BPF that a two year contract will only amount to £2,400.00 with CT, and £4,900.00 as with Advent - Not like for like.

And ask for a refund on the balance.

This is where BPF are not being consistent,and are just busking it.

They are chancers hoping if they bully enough you will all cave in.

Open another dispute over the balance...

Bully them for the balance, or they cancel your agreement, and i am being serious...I hope you point out these little things to FOS...They all add up.

yeah I would except I don't want to sign up to CT! They're a bunch of poo!

At the end of the day, I think they probably are the "closest" to what Advent offered but still just not as good!

Why would we all have signed up to such an expensive course if there were no benefits over the rest...we're not stupid! So they should just cancel the agreement and give us our money back as there just is no like for like course! Simple!...fingers crossed!

Why would we all have signed up to such an expensive course if there were no benefits over the rest...we're not stupid! So they should just cancel the agreement and give us our money back as there just is no like for like course! Simple!...fingers crossed!

And thats it in a nutshell my friend.

We all done our homework at the outset.

CT were not even close in the running - full of self promo with nothing

apart from a history of financial chaos to back it up...:D

Thanks everyone - I've also sent legal team a link to the last page so they can read people's responses here.

I'll be mailing my documents (Photocopies of) on monday, likewise i have no start or end date on my enrolment form either.

Hopefully this could mean money back, could really do with that £6500 being back in my bank account!!

The legal team are compiling the like for like case against Computeach now so if anyone please has evidence that they had 3 years, or even no dates, entered on their Advent agreement it would be appreciated if you could forward them a copy if you are part of the no win no fee group action. Mine had a set 2 years end date.

I'm aware some people have posted about this already but I'm obviously not at liberty to start copying documents people have posted without their permission.

Also, they need people's accounts on the workshop seminars they attended in Kidderminster. Were they any good? Was the tuition good standard? Did you have to wait ages before you got a place?

Legal team contact details on the student's website. Or send it to Fuzzbutt at the usual address to forward on.

Thanks.

hi fuzz

i did four 2 day workshops for different exam's all with different tutor's and have to be honest the tuition was very good,good tutors desent material and was good to meet other students.had no problems booking workshops would get the date's choose which one's i wanted emailed them and would get a reply the next day confirming my workshop.

apart from them going tits up never had a problem with advent.

j

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks