Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they are all scams and i really hope no1 else signs up with them and any other of these [causing problems] companys,

Has any 1 contacted the new govermant see if they give a toss about us or are they like the last lot

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got the same letter as cHankin. Me thinks they are gonna stall as much as possible. I also received a phone call from BPF not long ago and the guy on the other end told me "as you know Barclays are a massive company and have had their lawyers go over this with a fine tooth comb, we have found you a new provider and you are legally obliged to sart making repayments. If the account goes 3 months into arrears then legal proceeding will commence" hi

I had to laugh.

I then mentioned a couple of the differences and the cca sect75! at which point he said "ok, i'm just a collection agent and i'm just phoning to make you aware thats all". He started the call by asking for a debit card payment. Direction change? What a bunch of shifty m"$"^&!$£^£$"^s.

Whats yer thoughts on this bluedo/Fuzzbutt?

I sent off my forms to Hausfeld last week.

Cheers. G

Edited by gfunkasaur
oh and i'd like to add, I wanna see that comb, it must be fookin mahoosive if it's teeth managed to miss out sect75.

love it that is pricless, lets all throw our weight around and see were that gets us bunch of beeps

"as you know Barclayslink3.gif are a massive company and have had their lawyers"

its just like saying do you no who i am

I know Sburymozza. What made it more amusing is the fact the guy sounded like Robert Carlyle in Trainspotting! I'm Scottish btw so not a racial slur, he actually did sound like Begbie! or Big Man from chewing the fat. This is what the next phone call will go ..."Who the F!!! are you Talkin Tae? Eh? Outside now Ya Bas!!!"

G

love it that is pricless, lets all throw our weight around and see were that gets us bunch of beeps

"as you know Barclayslink3.gif are a massive company and have had their lawyers"

its just like saying do you no who i am

Something is wrong somewhere.

'We are a massive company - yet we mess around with the likes of CT':)

If their legal team have gone over everything with a fine toothcombe - there was certainly a few bristles misssing!:D

Edited by lowdown

when we win you got to send them a letter starting "do you no who i am" that would crack me up big time or even "as you know Barclayslink3.giflink3.gif are a massive company and have had their lawyers and they need sacking cuz there crap"

Surely it would work out cheaper for BPF if they just gave us all our money back? What with the amount it supposedly costs to send a letter and how much it supposedly costs when a payment gets missed.

G

Well there you have it.

There is no Money.

All been spent on Letters, Printer Ink, Paper, Postage, Phone calls,and the big one................ Computeach:)

Oh and bum paper for the call centre's to clean up all the bulls##t around the phones.

Edited by lowdown

I called computeach yesterday, got given 3 differentr numbers to call, just to ask some questions to see if they can put things in writing.

Everyone I spoke to said "I cannot answer these questions, we have sent out letters to 14,000 students. It's all explained in there"

apparently they sent these letters 2 months ago!...how long must I wait till someone at that joke of a company can talk to me!?

i must be the 14001 student cos i got no letter

I was told you are guaranteed to pass exams and don't worry it takes as long as it takes if you pass initial exams within 3 month you could get work and continue to study and it can take some people 3 years or longer up to 10years :eek: if needed but hopefully you will be qualified long before that and making lots of cash. Don't know how I fell for that bull:-x

Oh! nearly forgot, To hurry hurry and sign so not to miss the chance as there was limited spaces available.

My enrolment form is blank not a pen mark on it and I have 3 copies blue, pink and white.

to hurry up and sign. that is the bit that is getting me. only a few places left. what do they mean only a few, if that was true why am i reading about students signing up all year + long, where was the cut off for signing up. it seems to me that this is missleading us because i bet there was no cut off point. they just told us that to get us to sign up. i have this in writing that there is limited places left has anyone else? bluedo have you got the salesmans signature on your enrolment form? how come you have 3 copies you are only surposed to have the blue one i think the other 2 go to head office i think. if you have all 3 how did you enroll for the coarse? advent t&cs section 2.1 states no sig no contract.

i got arrears notice today stating that under credit act 1974 blah blah..they replied long time back saying s75 is invalid in our case. I'm thinking about writing a letter to them that this act doesn't apply to my case and since advent was no more, i assume my contract is closed;)..what u guys are doing when they call u? are you answering the calls or just ignore them. i'm not sure which one is the correct way.

I just had letter informing because of late payment I had a £22.50 fine.. and they will review my account every 10 days and apply another £22.50

no mention of account being in dispute no mention of computeach.. just payment demands

standard letters printed by computer

Funny thing is yesterdays letter told me I was in arrears by double what this letter showed.

Its amazing these letters cam out so quick since the payment date was 15th of may.. last Saturday.. non business day.

do I have to wait for anything else before I contact the FOS ??

to hurry up and sign. that is the bit that is getting me. only a few places left. what do they mean only a few, if that was true why am i reading about students signing up all year + long, where was the cut off for signing up. it seems to me that this is missleading us because i bet there was no cut off point. they just told us that to get us to sign up. i have this in writing that there is limited places left has anyone else? bluedo have you got the salesmans signature on your enrolment form? how come you have 3 copies you are only surposed to have the blue one i think the other 2 go to head office i think. if you have all 3 how did you enroll for the coarse? advent t&cs section 2.1 states no sig no contract.

Hi Mantaxi,

We were definately mis-led- limited places?:eek: they couldn't get enough of us, what I find amazing is the numbers involved, we're not stupid people yet we we're all made to believe this rubbish. They were very good at convincing.(Conning)

I was sold over the phone so the forms were sent for me to sign and send back but I never sent back the enrolment form there was a page sent by email for me to sign scan and email back so how's that for a hurry. couldn't even wait for Royal Mail , so I have the three blank copies here and they never gave me a copy of the BPF contract either but 2 copies of the T&C's

The whole thing is a botch job from the start. How many of us start off the course then find out teaching yourself is not easy if you hit problems, they're banking on you dropping out and being left with the debt. Cos let's face it that was the object of the exercise.

I just had letter informing because of late payment I had a £22.50 fine.. and they will review my account every 10 days and apply another £22.50

no mention of account being in dispute no mention of computeach.. just payment demands

standard letters printed by computer

Funny thing is yesterdays letter told me I was in arrears by double what this letter showed.

Its amazing these letters cam out so quick since the payment date was 15th of may.. last Saturday.. non business day.

do I have to wait for anything else before I contact the FOS ??

They send me these letters too 10pack my lump sum was due on the date march and the payment demand was sent out 5 days later. that's when it started.

You could phone the FOS today if you want and tell them what's going on with you telephone harassment and being chased for money and your in dispute. They'll advise you what they'll do.

so after i got that letter,what am i ment to do now?

Hi Chankin,

That's same as me My due date to start paying was looming and I became very anxious so started writing and was passed to the "Dedicated Complaint Handler"

and if they think I believe for 1 min anything is being investigated......

They will send you letters every 15 days because they are showing they're doing the right thing (that's a laugh!)

They will tag you along till you don't pay then send payment demands.

so really no-one can tell you what to do re this chankin it's got to be your decision To Pay or not To Pay.

I will not be paying nothing because I have not received what I signed for no training and no qualifications.

I am hoping Hausfeld will fight for us and the FOS supports us and finds in our favour and they both dish out massive fines to Barclay's

Hey Bluedo, have you spoken to your "dedicated complaint handler"? If you look at my 1st post on page 172, you'll see my exerpt from the phone call i got yesterday after i was sent a letter refering to the "dedicated complaint handler" who was goin to be in touch. Amuseing, tactics they use are, mmm, jedi mind games, work they will not.

G

I loved it Gfunk, i do not think their legal team are very good!!!

Plus the fact that they have sent correspondence i did not receive to the Ombudsman sounds like they do not know what is going on at all. On another note i am quite happy that my one man mission to get everyone i know to leave Barclay is working extremely well. None of my family bank with them at all now one of my relatives also disposed of a not too shabby amount of Barclays shares last week. Now just to finish my Boycott Barclays website until someone else wants to steal my time anyway :)

I loved it Gfunk, i do not think their legal team are very good!!!

Plus the fact that they have sent correspondence i did not receive to the Ombudsman sounds like they do not know what is going on at all. On another note i am quite happy that my one man mission to get everyone i know to leave Barclay is working extremely well. None of my family bank with them at all now one of my relatives also disposed of a not too shabby amount of Barclays shares last week. Now just to finish my Boycott Barclays website until someone else wants to steal my time anyway :)

Nice

I was wondering if we could club together and place adds in the National papers (Times) and such.. to make the general public aware of what is going on here.

I would chip into that.. what about anyone else??

hi guys..

advice pls.. sorry if im repeating what has been said-

so far i have sent 3 letters

1. the one saying they have breached there contract etc..

2. stating why computeach arnt like for like etc..

3. the dispute letter.

I have had no reply to any of them and have only received the generic we have found you computeach letters..

my payment was due out on the 15th.. i didnt pay.. today i receive a text saying my account is over due.. perhpas it was an oversight and to call them to make a payment.

Im due to contact the fos-going to phone tomorow and see what i need to do etc....

the no win no fee adviced we dont contact bpf unless to tell them we are seeking legal advice ... but should i phone and explin that i will not be making payment as they have not acknowledged any of my letters.. as far as im concerned my account has not been sorted out ( sent my letters recorded so ni know they arrived) and that i am not receiving any training from computeach so why should i pay.

im really nevous about this .. debt collectors court... the idea of being threatened with that scares me..

Hi Chankin,

That's same as me My due date to start paying was looming and I became very anxious so started writing and was passed to the "Dedicated Complaint Handler"

and if they think I believe for 1 min anything is being investigated......

They will send you letters every 15 days because they are showing they're doing the right thing (that's a laugh!)

They will tag you along till you don't pay then send payment demands.

so really no-one can tell you what to do re this chankin it's got to be your decision To Pay or not To Pay.

I will not be paying nothing because I have not received what I signed for no training and no qualifications.

I am hoping Hausfeld will fight for us and the FOS supports us and finds in our favour and they both dish out massive fines to Barclay's

thanx lad,i aint gunna give them a penny coz am in the same boat,the only thing they have sent me,is a intruduction folder,and since i aint replied to them,compu-fail aint been in contact with me,so they dnt care...so why should i pay for a course that aint botherd..i aint paying,am gunna speak to my solicitor and see wot he rekons could happen,but i aint paying am with u guys.fight till the end

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks