Awaiting JSA decision no income to live on

Lumi75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

jdes26 is apparantly going for a meal with his girlfriend tonight. He is moaning about no money and ammount paying to csa quite deeply on another thread with an op asking for help for an friend who is an exwife, getting her dues from partner and according to (jdes26) must be an evil ex wife :p

But dont worry assuming meal is out, maybe his new girl is paying:p

jdwes26 calls a woman evil when it comes to asking for money for the kids, no problem with him enjoying a meal with new girl, but please pay for your kids with the same care as a meal for a girl. Or maybe it should be you are the evil ex, I know what I think.

Edited by loopinlouie
  • Haha 1

Update:

Checked my bank account this morning and was credited with £376! :)

Postman came later and delievered a letter from my jobcentre, saying that they had recently wrote to me (No they hadnt!) to tell me a doubt had arisen on my claim due to how my previous job had ended.

But because now i wasnt no longer claiming JSA ( wtf ??? ) the doubt cannot be resolved at this time. However, should i make a further claim in the future, this issue will be looked at again. If i want to know more, to ring them up.

So i did. I was told that my claim hadnt been cancelled and that my claim was still under going consideration and i will be notified when a decision has been made.

So now i don't know what the hell is going on, as they dont seem to have a clue whatsoever with what they are saying in letters to me (it was from the actual job centre, not the DWP) and even more strange, is i dont have any idea where the money i receieved has come from?

At the moment, where the payee details are, it just says "Bacs". I will have to wait a day or 2 before it shows up with the payee's name.

Tell me about it!

I did actually write out a letter in the hope it would somehow get to the right person, to the lady i spoke to on the phone who said she would get someone to look into it asap, because thinking the money was from the DWP, she had literally saved me and i personally wanted to thank her for her help.

But upon receiving the aforementioned letter, i thought i'd better not post it yet until i knew exactly where that money had come from lol :D

Awwww thanks. The secret i discovered, is to just put your one leg in front of the other and then vica versa, then just switch off from the waist downwards and think about anything but how far you've still got to go! lol:wink:

This is making my head hurt now lol.

The money paid into my bank account on Friday, was paid by JobCentrePlus, West Midlands.

However, this morning, i received a letter from DWP saying that i had been refused JSA because i did not attend to sign my declaration when i made my application on Nov 26th.

This is where the confusion has amounted from i think. On Nov 25th, i went online to make a start on claiming JSA.

I filled in my name/address and got to the part where it wanted my National Insurance number. I did not have this at hand, so i made a copy of my unique generated number which the site gave me and planned to continue my claim later on.

A few days later, when i had my N.I number, i went to log back into the site to continue my claim. I couldnt find the piece of paper though with my user I.D number, so decided i would just start again.

So i re entered my name/address and other required details and then someone rang me back for the 40 minute interview and told me to attend the job centre the next day for my personal interview etc, which i did.

I have also not missed a single signing on date or the "Back to work" meeting i was required to attend.

So now they are telling me i can't claim JSA because i never attended the personal interview at the Job Centre, which wasn't even arranged with myself on the date they stated i should of attended, yet they have still paid me?

When on the phone for my initial 40 minute interview, the operator questioned when i wanted the claim to start from as i had initially started a claim on the 25th Nov, but i explained what had happend and that she could start the claim from the actual date that i was talking to her and not from the earlier date when i didnt complete the application.

Any idea's on who best to talk to about this, becuase it seems you explain something to someone, but this information doesnt get transferred to the other departments and so no one seems to have any idea of what they are doing or have said to me.

hands.jpg

Edited by Lumi75

I never had that much to start with! :D

Seriously tho, just wanna say thanks to everyone, especially you loopinlouie, for your words of encouragement to help me deal with this, which i can only describle as a very stressful period.

Thanks

;)

just to inform u.... they aint that great.............. as im self employed they told me to go away and been paying ni for 25 years...... wierd that

As I said on another thread, self employed contributions can be considerably less than employed ones depending on what taxable profits you've made, so its not that weird.

so ive paid well over £50000 in ni since ive been working and i am entitled to nothing...........
First of all what you've paid years ago is irrelevant when it comes to benefits like JSA (although state pensions are another matter), that will have been spent already. Second of all you are not entitled to "nothing" you may not be eligible for a JSA payment but that is only one aspect of the benefits system.

I presume though that the ineligibility for JSA has something to do with being on JSA Contributions. That's usually because you (or you and your partner if you have one) either having savings or an existing income such as wage or pension. The benefits system is not only designed to see if you have paid into it but whether you need it.

another unfair system by the useless DWP
I'm pretty reasonably sure that the system is designed to reflect what the politicians want and the fact that we do not have a bottomless pit of government finances. If you have a problem with that I suggest you complain to your MP, the civil service do not randomly make up limits and different types of national insurance for the fun of it after all.