mobile money and the bailiff assulted me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right where do i start,ok i took a loan out with mobile money in dec 2008,6mths over couldnt afford to pay back the amount outstanding so i had to renew the loan,well oct last year i was taken ill,my payments were 236 a month but couldnt afford that so i have been paying 40 a week £160.00 per month a couple of weeks back the man from mm said if i could get £600 then they would forget the interest i told him i havent got it then he reduced it to £500 still i couldnt afford it,i put the car in a friends name too as i have the logbook for it and the only set of keys,well then he said last week can you carry on making the £40 a week i said yes he said i couldnt promise the car wouldnt be repo,then friday i came back from taking the kids to schhol and there was a tow truck just pulling up,i didnt think anything of it as next doors car had broken down and i thought it was for them,so tehn there was a knock at the door so i opened it and there was a big man standing there he asked my name and i said yes i have come for the car i said show me your papers he went to show me and then said just give me the keys i said no and shut the door in his face he shouted i will phone the police,so i was reading on here how some people have gone to their cars and driven away,well i tried to do this as i opened the door he ran at me i was in right state,i couldnt manage to close the door he grabbed me and got me out the car was holding my arms then the older man got out and said you should have made your payments i said i have while this bloke had got my arms and broke my handbag,i managed to close the door with my leg and press my fob to lock it,i ran in the house and locke dthe door rang the police 999 and told them anyway they came i had to hand over my keys and they said we will have to arresst you as he said you threatend to kill him the bloke was massive i said but what about the fact he grabbed me,anyway they took a statement and left saying they would do house to house,ive only been in the street for 6 mths,they came back and said the couple over the road saw him with his arms all over me,the police then said we have to do a peaceful declareation or something where he has to go to the police station and say sorry thats it but now i have bruising on my arms i cant go out as im stressing the police aint bothered and mm want £1756 to get the car back i must have paid them double that where do i stand i really need advice?

Well for a start you get your bruises photographed and you go and see your GP first thing in the morning to get your injuries on record. Speak with your neighbors and ask if they will give a witness statement. You then report the matter to the police and firmly ask for a crime number.

You said the car was not reigstered to you is that correct?

Had you had a visit from the bailiff before this?

Had they been in your House?

Had they levied on the car before you transfered ownership?

start with answering these questions and then caggers will get a clearer picture

PT

Edited by ploddertom

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there thanks for the reply,i will go to my g.p in the morning and will take photos,

The car is in my boyfriends name it has been for 3 mths

This was the first time the bailiff attended last friday

I didnt let him in my house

And they didnt levy before i changed ownership

Thankyou

sure they WERE really bailiffs ... i bet not!

threat monkey overstepped the mark

they have no legal authority to do anything!

i would think you will get a nice suprise out of all this.

have you got the agreement to scan and post up....

i know someone who might like to eat these for breakfast!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the car is no longer yours and you have proof of this then the bailiffs have to return the car. They cannot take what is not yours to take. If I am correct, and some one please correct me if I am wrong, your boyfriend has to get in touch with the bailiff company and ask for HIS property back. I think he has to do this with in 5/7 days of the car being taken. I would also get in touch with the creditor about this explaining what you have explained here. No one has the right to assault you especially a bailiff. I would certainly get the police back involved and demand that you wish to press charges of assault. This is totally disgraceful behavior. Some one more knowledgeable will give you more advice on this.. and dont worry there are people on here who will help you through and will tell you the right steps to take to get this sorted. keep us updated.

Thankyou for your reply,the police were useless,they were more interested about the fact that this bloke had been attacked with a weapon not so long back and that when i said ? i would kill him they said tehy could arrest me i didnt even say that to him i mean he was a big bloke im only small,i just havent a clue what to do next im already suffering from deppression this has knocked me right back.

If these were certified bailiffs then I would not hesitate to get a form 4 done here,

How do i find out if they were certified bailiffs?i did ask him for proof and he couldnt give me the proof.

is mobile money a similar type of company to log book loans?

if the debt is secured on the vehicle can you legally alter the v5 docs etc to have it changed? surely that would defeat the object of the loan aggreement.

also i wouldnt be surprised if they werent bailiffs, probably just debt collectors or repo men with no power other than to take/remove the vehicle.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Nat33, as has been said already, are you SURE these were bailiffs???? It sounds very bizarre behaviour even for them!

Do go to your GP, get things documented and report the assault and - possibly - theft.

I'd be surprised if they weren't anything more than glorified debt collectors. [but I have been surprised before!].

Take it easy, hunni, keep us updated and you will have plenty of advice and support here.

Rae.

is mobile money a similar type of company to log book loans?

if the debt is secured on the vehicle can you legally alter the v5 docs etc to have it changed? surely that would defeat the object of the loan aggreement.

also i wouldnt be surprised if they werent bailiffs, probably just debt collectors or repo men with no power other than to take/remove the vehicle.

Hi yes they are the same type of company,as for the v5 doc i changed it as i was going to pay the loan off,this was until i got ill and my boyfriend was having the car as the police advised me to sell it due to my ex husband harrasing me i would have felt safer in a different car.

Nat33, as has been said already, are you SURE these were bailiffs???? It sounds very bizarre behaviour even for them!

Do go to your GP, get things documented and report the assault and - possibly - theft.

I'd be surprised if they weren't anything more than glorified debt collectors. [but I have been surprised before!].

Take it easy, hunni, keep us updated and you will have plenty of advice and support here.

Rae.

Well the police rang me and said they have done some talking to his boss and he shouldnt have touched me he should have let me drive the car away,but still the police didnt want to know about the assult even though there were the couple who witnessed it,teh police said he might get the sack but that doesnt help what he put me through,and thanks for your kindness!

So, if I understand it, the loan was secured against the car? I know nothing about these things - never had a car worth taking a loan on! Don't they take the log book as security or something?

Rae.

Well the police rang me and said they have done some talking to his boss and he shouldnt have touched me he should have let me drive the car away,but still the police didnt want to know about the assult even though there were the couple who witnessed it,teh police said he might get the sack but that doesnt help what he put me through,and thanks for your kindness!

Press it further, threaten to go to the IPCC, threaten to name the Chief Constable as co-defendant in any action you may take as he is aiding and abetting.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, if I understand it, the loan was secured against the car? I know nothing about these things - never had a car worth taking a loan on! Don't they take the log book as security or something?

Rae.

yes they did have the log book,but i needed it back to tax my car i went to the office and collected it myself,they never asked for it back then i had personal problems and had to get the car signed over to my boyfriend,they didnt mention about changing the name on the logbook.

thanks

Press it further, threaten to go to the IPCC, threaten to name the Chief Constable as co-defendant in any action you may take as he is aiding and abetting.

PT

Im thinking of going to the police station and saying i want to have him charged with assult but then im risking myself getting arressted for something i never said,is the police i press with it further or the company that took the car,ive tried in vain to find their phone number but to no avail,all i have is the name of the company.

Thanks

That's interesting Nat. As I said, I know nothing [and that's been professionally confirmed] but there is another forum dealing with logbook loans. It may be worth chatting about the loans legality there vis a vis the logbook itself.

Interesting that the police called you. So you know they are aware of the assault but have chosen not to think too much about it. That's a question they'll need to answer should you press for a crime report and complain.

best wishes.

Rae.

There is no proof you threatened to 'kill' him. It is one word against another - and physique would stand you in good stead.

You have witnesses that the guy assaulted you. If your neighbours are a little unwilling to volunteer statements they may choose to change their mind if the police interview them.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
type o

That's interesting Nat. As I said, I know nothing [and that's been professionally confirmed] but there is another forum dealing with logbook loans. It may be worth chatting about the loans legality there vis a vis the logbook itself.

Interesting that the police called you. So you know they are aware of the assault but have chosen not to think too much about it. That's a question they'll need to answer should you press for a crime report and complain.

best wishes.

Rae.

Yes will post tomorrow re this,im going to persue it but just dont know how really,it just gets so difficult when you havent been there before.

Thanks

There is no proof you threatened to 'kill' him. It is one word against another - and physique would stand you in good stead.

You have witnesses that the guy assaulted you. If your neighbours are a little unwilling to volunteer statements they may choose to change their mind if the police interview them.

Rae.

This is what i mean they have witnesses but dont want to take it any further,but i cant let it rest as he might do it again to another person.

Thanks.

Let your witnesses know your concerns that they may act this way to someone else. Introduce them to this forum - there are plenty of example of systematic and institutionalised bullying recorded around here. I'm sure you can win them over.

As for the mobile money website, I've not read it but I bet theres a phone number somewhere in the contact info...

Best wishes.

Rae.