JD williams refuse to supply true copy agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, i have written to Reliable Collections requesting a true copy of my agreement with them who passed the buck back to JD Williams, so i sent them the £1 fee and letter tepmlate etc.. i received a reply saying the following: there is no requirement to provide a photo copy of the executed agreement bearing your clients signature ( i asked for a true copy) and it is sufficient for them to provide a true copy of the agreement setting ou t the terms and conditions to which your client has agreed ( client meaning me i guess). We are therefor enclosing a true copy of the credit agreement sent out when the account was opened.

All they sent was a credit agreement bearing my name and address and they signed it, nowhere soes it have my signature at all. they also sent a print our of everything i have apparantly ordered from them!

HELP..HOW DO I COPY AND PASTE A pdf!!

What reply will i send them now they cannot provide a true copy??

thanks

Edited by Ell-enn
Attachment removed at OP's request

Have a read of this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

Please remove your details from the attachment.

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

While not totally sure of this, I'm fairly certain they have written your details on one of their old agreements and not written a date in because they don't have a copy of your original agreement. You must have noticed that there is no dates at all on that agreement.

When did you start using JDW? If it was a while back then I would also question the level of charges. £12? I'm fairly certain the charges of old were more so this could be a newer agreement.

also there are no cancellation rights on that agreement

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hI DPICK, THANKS LOADS, READ THROUGH AND YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY soz..cap lock!

It is driing me nuts, i have about 15 catalohues/credit cards and i am at the end of my tether. we paid an agency to deal with it over a year ago but no joy as yet, only one in litigation. trying to do it myself now. i have bipolar..manic depression, have had for 7 years (since i got wed lol) and it makes it hard. i proved with letters to them all so they would stop hassling me by phone which most did but some ignore it.

i will try and ocme on here and post new threads for each one but it is very confusing!

thanks eveyone ;)

I got rid of one of the JDWilliams associated companies by sending the CCA letter, but it had gone to a DCA and they stopped sending me letters once they admitted there wasnt a CCA

I think it was GUS or another of those who sent me a blank copy of the agreement, then sold it on. I wrote to the DCA with the 'I am surprised' letter and it got sent back to GUS and havent heard another dicky bird since.

I have reliable Collections on my to do list again, as hubby had an account with them too

So keep piling on the pressure.

Miss money worry, you do not have to share sensitive information with them and would advise against it. They are leeches and will bleed you dry given the chance. Communicate only in writing, I never use emails with them, send everything recorded del and of course never speak on the phone.

Send a Subject Access Request, £10 max, they should supply you with everything they have on you, inc the "agreement", if they dont as someone has said send Acc in Dispute letter. Stop payments telling them until they have provided a legally enforceable CCA you will be suspending payments to them. I always reply to all letters rather than ignore as some on the site suggest, then if it ever gets to court at least it looks like you have taken the matter seriously.

Chin up and dont go to China;)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

thankyou all for your advice! i will look through the template letters. its confusing, some say use the data act and others say it hinders....which is best. i already sent them all a letter with £1 fee under data act and most haev replied saying they will request it etc, only jd have sent tha above copy rubbish. what is the second template letter called please? thanks happy new year ...we hope lol

It would be wise to bookmark this page as I think you may need some of the letters in due course.

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

To avoid confusion, the CCA request goes to Original Creditors and DCA's to get a copy of your agreement. It is only with this you can put the account into dispute if they fail to deliver.

A SAR is a Data Protection Act request for the Original Creditor (and sometimes a DCA) to supply all they have on you (although most of them won't initially comply by sending everything)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Didnt know that. So far all 6 creditors have responded through a SAR and have accepted accounts are in dispute (some written off now), but is that because they only sent app forms and I then said acc in dispute because of this?

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Didnt know that. So far all 6 creditors have responded through a SAR and have accepted accounts are in dispute (some written off now), but is that because they only sent app forms and I then said acc in dispute because of this?

WOW, you are lucky.

The DPA 1998 is just that, a request for data, not asking for your agreement (although that does form part of the request)

Using the CCA 1974, you are using the law to get a copy of your agreement and it's cheaper (£1 for the CCA £10 for the SAR)

I went down the SAR route after seeing the extra info obtained, been a great help as well. Cabot have had an account on hold (bought from halifax a year ago) because they didnt supply a copy of the DN halifax issued. They prob wont be able to supply, but I do have the original (defective) so no worries.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the first request for copy agreements to all my catalogues etc on the 28th Dec...most replied saying contact the catalogue direct and they closed my file..the debt agencies that is. So i sent again direct to the catalogues and this morning i had a letter from Grattan writing the debt off!!!! after only one request!! things may be looking up!

That is good news, well done.

Point to note though, DCA's are incorrect that you have to CCA the OC direct, they have to pass on the request themselves, SAR is different, these are sent direct to the OC.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Oh ok thanks! Either way, it cost me 99p to send recorded and Grattan wrote off over £600 within 4 days of receiving it!! Hopefully the others will follow suit! Some have passed it on for me but the others, well, for the price of a stamp! The DCA's have all closed their files and passed it back to the original creditors. thankyou all for the templates! will update accordingly!

regarding JD Williams, chances are that there is no agreement whatsoever. I shopped with them recently (well in the last 18 months). I ordered online, recieved the goods and then a credit agreement to sign and return. For whatever reason i never did get round to sending the signed agreement back (found it recently during a clear out). I did order from them a few more times and they sent the goods.

Have now paid the account off and not used it again. But it shows that they are willing to let customers operate an account without an agreement. I know for a fact they don't have one for me

Oh ok thanks! Either way, it cost me 99p to send recorded and Grattan wrote off over £600 within 4 days of receiving it!! Hopefully the others will follow suit! Some have passed it on for me but the others, well, for the price of a stamp! The DCA's have all closed their files and passed it back to the original creditors. thankyou all for the templates! will update accordingly!

So long as you are happy, and they have stopped harassing you then that is a good result :D

I am pleased they have written these off, did they send that to you in writing? If so ensure you make a couple of copies and file them away just incase they sell it onto someone else.

Boo;)

right, JD had the first request and replied with the 'copy' agreement, no dates or signature, they said they didnt have to. So, i sent the second request letter and they have until 27th Jan to reply. If they do not provide me with it by then, what do i do next! thanks guys x