Dissecting the Manchester Test Case....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

most creditors do a search of the land registry before commencing actions and if this shows joint ownership and then later they find it doesn't- they will dig.

i'm not saying it is foolproof- just that it is a misleading post to suggest to other caggers that it is that simple to avoid your creditors actions

Some of mine did but not all of them bothered, so I never confirmed it. I wouldn't say that anything in this game is easy or simple DD... a lot of it involves being economical with the truth and thinking outside the box... :cool:

Congratulate him then.....a man after my own heart :-)

S.

;)....

i'm sorry to disagree- but the fact of the "valuation" and whether the market rate or not was paid for your share is totally irrelevant and i would suggest that if this arrangement occurred after the creditor made demands for repayment of a loan - that a half decent lawyer would pull your argument to shreds and the court (as you say) whilst it may not be interested in what you did with the money (would nevertheless want an audit trail of the time the money left your wifes accounts to the time it entered yours (and which would be a matter of record since the banks would have been bound by the money laundering act to account for it) and it would be highly likely that the judge would find your actions were a deliberate attempt to avoid your creditors and he would act accordingly.

further- having foolishly raised the matter of this transaction yourself- if you could not provide an audit trail for the Money- which you admit was not a "matter of record" you might find yourself being investigated by more than the civil court!!

nothing personal- and if you get(got) away with it then all well and good

i am more interested that other caggers are not mislead by your post into believing that this is an easy, or even sensible method of trying to avoid their creditors

My emphasis in orange... :cool:... although I agree about it not being easy. Actually, nothing in this game is easy as such, but definitely worth your best shot at times....

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sorry for not explaining this correctly, OK I knew when I was starting to get to the point of no return, way back, that was when we did the transfer, no creditors were even aware that I was in trouble, only I knew, so no one was persueing me I had a 1st class credit rating, so as always stay one or more steps ahead of the crowd, I sincerley hope I have not misled any one into false hopes, I was just trying to state the facts, but maybe I do not do it too well, If you would like me to modify what I say please tell me, I am on my own admision not good at writing, I am one of those can do anything but write about it is very hard.

Hi DD,

That was me unapproving 2 of your posts at the end of page 153.

There were 3 identical posts between 13.07 and 13.08 hrs so I hid 2 of them.

:cool:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi DD,

:-)

Thought he was just being pushy in getting his point of view over like usual :p:p

S.

i'm not saying it is foolproof- just that it is a misleading post to suggest to other caggers that it is that simple to avoid your creditors actions

Hi DD

You're right of course, such things are not to be trivialised.

However, amongst those who can afford to pay for the advice (and who feel they have enough stuff worth protecting) not being 'sueable' or should I say 'attractive to sue' has great appeal.

The idea is to be able to use and control a lot without owning any of it. If it's not in your name, it can never be taken from you. ;):D8-)

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Hi DD,

sorry about that- for some reason lately - when i post the thing seems to "hang" for ever and i think it did not get downloaded - so hit the button again

Sorry mods, but moir is not feelin this new CAG forum front end. :( It's taking some to time to find my way around. Some sort of warning would also have been nice.:eek:

Got to roll with the punches tho'...:-|

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

If you are using IE7 or below it could be that, try using a different browser like Opera or Firefox.

It's a laptop from work... so I have no choice over what's on there.... unless I can download something else to get round the problem. Can I download the browser? (I'm not very techie, so please let me off if that's a really stupid question... lol)

:-)