Ratm For X Mas Number1!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SOME of the cost of the purchase may be going to them, but if you donate to Shelter (or another charity of your choosing) then they will get the full amount of what you donate, without some of it going to the record company. Furthermore if you're a taxpayer then you can Gift Aid the donation meaning the charity benefits even more.

All I'm saying is that the fact some of the proceeds may be going to a charity should't really make it a reason to purchase, as there are better ways to donate. In fact the only reason I can think of for somebody to buy any song is if they like it and want to listen to it, and if the RATM song was so good that everybody wants to buy it, then it wouldn't need this campaign to make people buy it!

The RATM song is brilliant but clearly not many people are going to suddenly rush out and buy it because its not a single and is about 20 years old, the reason for buying it is a bit of fun, to stop the X-Factor rubbish getting to No.1, its in a similar vain to the Eurovision when Lordi won, beating all the rubbish europop entries, it bought a smile to many peoples faces, as it was unexpected :)

Andy

Just seems like an odd reason for people to buy music if they don't like it!

Having said that, I don't particularly follow the charts, I just buy what I like. I buy music weekly, but I generally have little idea of what's in the charts. A proportion of it probably will be as I hear it played on the radio, but I'm sure a lot of it will never appear in the Top 40, it's just what I like to listen to.

By the way, I think the winning X Factor song is a load of rubbish... but if it gets to number one I really couldn't care less.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

SOME of the cost of the purchase may be going to them, but if you donate to Shelter (or another charity of your choosing) then they will get the full amount of what you donate, without some of it going to the record company. Furthermore if you're a taxpayer then you can Gift Aid the donation meaning the charity benefits even more.

All I'm saying is that the fact some of the proceeds may be going to a charity should't really make it a reason to purchase, as there are better ways to donate. In fact the only reason I can think of for somebody to buy any song is if they like it and want to listen to it, and if the RATM song was so good that everybody wants to buy it, then it wouldn't need this campaign to make people buy it!

PEOPLE ARE DONATING DIRECTLY TO SHELTER AS A RESULT OF THE RAGE FOR X MAS NO 1 46,000 SO FAR.......

THE SONG IS 17 YEARS OLD...HENCE THE CAMPAIGN OTHERWISE WHY WOULD EVERYONE ALL OF A SUDDEN START BUYING IT. FIRST TIME ROUND THE SONG WENT TO NO 20..............

Personally, I think that it's the equivalent of shouting at the cashier when things go wrong in the bank or thumping the receptionist when your Dr tells you you have gonorrhea, but hey what do I know?

I hope you know you owe that receptionist an apology Bookie:p.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

PS: Woody, I am a "she".

You can tell by the beard.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Totally with Barracad and others of similar minds on here. All this fuss is very much getting on my nerves. I mean, surely there are better things to put your time and concern into than the Crimbo charts. It makes me laugh when my freinds are saying they are buying RATM to annoy Simon/break the Xfactor hold. These are people who would at no other time have any idea who was in the top ten never mind who is number one. And they suddenly care because of all this manipulated fuss. I do give money to charity. I give to ones I believe in and I give every year, because it's something I believe in and want to do, not because it's tied to a record.

I'm not trying to be bah humbug about it all but it certainly wouldn't be a bit of fun for me if either won, I couldn't care less! And as for it being a surprise if they win, well, with all this fuss, unless it's someone other than Joe or RATM who wins then it's hardly going to be a surprise is it! With all this publicity and it being on the news every five minutes!

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Totally with Barracad and others of similar minds on here. All this fuss is very much getting on my nerves. I mean, surely there are better things to put your time and concern into than the Crimbo charts. It makes me laugh when my freinds are saying they are buying RATM to annoy Simon/break the Xfactor hold. These are people who would at no other time have any idea who was in the top ten never mind who is number one. And they suddenly care because of all this manipulated fuss. I do give money to charity. I give to ones I believe in and I give every year, because it's something I believe in and want to do, not because it's tied to a record.

I'm not trying to be bah humbug about it all but it certainly wouldn't be a bit of fun for me if either won, I couldn't care less! And as for it being a surprise if they win, well, with all this fuss, unless it's someone other than Joe or RATM who wins then it's hardly going to be a surprise is it! With all this publicity and it being on the news every five minutes!

Surely theres better things to do then post on here about something you dont care about :)

Andy

Surely theres better things to do then post on here about something you dont care about :)

Andy

Um, I don't care who wins, I do care about the ammount of fuss that's being created though as it's getting on my noggin!! I am posting my opinion as others on here have posted theirs before me (including yourself chuck). :p

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Awww, poor Joe, having his dreams shatered. Does no-one think about that talented boy rather than the mass marketing behind him :|

Not in the slightest, and neither does "the mass marketing behind him". If you genuinely think that this event has snatched junior's hopes of being futher marketed (exploited?) by an enormously powerful and lucrative machine for its - rather than his - benefit, then you really aren't living in the same world as the rest of us.

He'll be repackaged as the nice young chap who was robbed of his top slot by the nasty people on the nasty internet who wanted the nasty RATM to win, then resold as a product for as long as his shelf life holds out. When the fickle mob tire of him, and they will, he'll get dropped and forgotten. Cue the next banal product.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

Not in the slightest, and neither does "the mass marketing behind him". If you genuinely think that this event has snatched junior's hopes of being futher marketed (exploited?) by an enormously powerful and lucrative machine for its - rather than his - benefit, then you really aren't living in the same world as the rest of us.

He'll be repackaged as the nice young chap who was robbed of his top slot by the nasty people on the nasty internet who wanted the nasty RATM to win, then resold as a product for as long as his shelf life holds out. When the fickle mob tire of him, and they will, he'll get dropped and forgotten. Cue the next banal product.

hear hear.