Welcome are now officially dead and buried

RALALU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Beyond

Welcome will argue that black is blue over even the most inaccurate agreements to claw as much money as possible.

I for one know I have a fight on my hands :evil:.

How true !! You pay em they are totally happy you dispute anything then the letters/doorstep visits and charges start...

Reading the financial news on those investors losing money hand over fist then complaining to the authorities of mis-managemnt , false book keeping makes my day..they were happy to invest in an immoral company now it has lost some of them thousands...priceless :D

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some interesting comments from shareholders on LSE.co.uk

Highlighted some snippets , last entry Fri 5th March...read from bottom to top..

I like the opening line ' investors will see little or no value to their share holdings ' - well losing millions a day I reckon that even those lacking in any basic mathamtical skills will agree with that :D

Answer

Opinion: No Opinion

Price: 0.00

MikeMcFri 21:33

'Investors are advised they will see little or no value to their share holdings in Cattles'

Like everyone else, you'll have to wait and see MikeMc, that's the official line, but there are some on here who think the shares are already valueless, personally I'm going to wait and see, that's my best advice to you

Learn about share trading, CFDs, Spread Betting and Foreign Exchange

Any news?Fri 13:09

I have a small amount (£1k) of shares with Cattles. Any idea what will happen and if I will get my cash back?max1965

business GrowthTue 13:32

aimed at driving business growth ?????eccles

mikeyboy231 Mar '10

still does not say if we will get release . and that.s wat we all would like to know . Fell sorry for ones that will lose there jobs .but i think we have lose it all . only time will tell . GL allmikeyboy23

link1 Mar '10

http://www.investegate.co.uk/Article.aspx?id=201003010901278283Hexplorer

gmfoods

24 Feb '10

yes i know welcome is finished but with shopacheck and the lewis group still trading normally and still part of cattles im still holding out for the time being ive not writtent them off yet until told otherwise officially although i should do .

GMFOODS

Off Topic

Opinion: Strong Sell

Price: 0.00

explorer23 Feb '10

What answers are you waiting for? It's gone, it's all gone.....explorer

gjwg re, the end?

19 Feb '10

hopefully well get an answer soon ,but someone on iii says hes recieved a letter from cattles regarding agm meeting whereas ive so far recieved nothing!.with new tax year fast approaching some news one way or the other will come soon

Oh Yes I Did It!!! lol;) Very Pleased with that!!! lol:razz: As soon as I had Did It My *UCKING Computer went Tits Up!!! WHY ME !!! :eek:

Took some sorting out as well. But I`m back. So Look Out ****!!! :-x I!m even more Peed Off `Cause You Broke My Computer!!! LMAO :D

Cheers, MARK

OMG the sc*m got into the computer :lol: :lol: Go get um mark :D

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Hi all

Not 10 minutes ago I had a delightful man on my doorstep who said he was from Welcome Finance looking for my son who fortunately gave my address when he took out an agreement for either a car loan or an HP agreement. This is in dispute at the moment.

I had a great deal of pleasure in telling him one or two fact of life and also he has got as much chance of me telling him where my son is as Gordon Brown winning the next election. I found him to be a reasonable man mind you he was faced with 6' 2" of pure muscle (Well I think I am) and when faced with the decision of my drive or the footpath in one easy movement, he thought about it for one second, and as he ran off up the road was shouting 'We will take the car back' So they are still about.

Hi Mark

I'm very busy but doing ok, but '**** have come back to me and said I have no dispute!:D

Check out my thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/245334-what-do-i-do.html

Gonna speak to CAB and see a solicitor about this - needs a professional touch as its a big problem.

Lawrence

Best of luck lawrence :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Hi all

Not 10 minutes ago I had a delightful man on my doorstep who said he was from Welcome Finance looking for my son who fortunately gave my address when he took out an agreement for either a car loan or an HP agreement. This is in dispute at the moment.

I had a great deal of pleasure in telling him one or two fact of life and also he has got as much chance of me telling him where my son is as Gordon Brown winning the next election. I found him to be a reasonable man mind you he was faced with 6' 2" of pure muscle (Well I think I am) and when faced with the decision of my drive or the footpath in one easy movement, he thought about it for one second, and as he ran off up the road was shouting 'We will take the car back' So they are still about.

LMAO...running up the road I can just picture it now...these lot should be in Oliver Twist..it's obvious they are trying to claw back all their ill gotten gains before all their pauper houses (sorry offices) are well and truly shutdown...

You can imagine Fagan (or the branch manager) sat rubbing his hands with glee while his little minions come back with a little silver or gold trinket for him (dodgy Welcome contract to you and I ) :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

A response from: Karen Mckenna (cattles)

Re: Regarding company shares‏

Sent: 22 March 2010 15:19:48

To: xxx

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email.

The shares in Cattles plc were suspended on 23 April. The Board requested a suspension when it became clear that we would not be in a position to fulfil our reporting obligations as a quoted company. At the time of the share suspension, the revelation of the Group's serious problems had already reduced the share price to a nominal level. The shares will remain suspended until further notice while the Board continues to work towards agreeing a restructuring with the Group's financial creditors.The Board indicated to shareholders at the AGM on 29 July 2009 that the size of the under-impairment in 2008 and earlier years was such that it would be very difficult to recover value for shareholders. The prospects for any such recovery have further diminished in the absence of a viable plan to rebuild the Welcome business.

Shareholders should therefore be aware that, in view of this and of the now substantial negative value of shareholders funds, the shares are likely to have little or no value.

Cattles plc

I had a letter from Lewis group yesterday saying I have to pay the full balance. Yeah whatever. Never got my complete SAR, and they didnt even reply to my CCA, although had a letter saying they were processing it.

I put account into dispute they said no its not in account (by way of reply letter).

Where do I go now.

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Date:

Ref:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted.

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On **DATE** I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. This was signed for as delivered on the **DATE**

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on **DATE** (12+2 days after you made the initial request).

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document. In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore, you are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before you/your client enters into a default situation.

This limit has expired.

As you are no doubt aware section 78(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)

(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested. You will also be aware of the CPUTR 2008 and the OFT's guidelines on debt collection which state under the title Deceptive and/or unfair methods - Examples of unfair practices are as follows - 2.8

(i) - 'Failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued'

(k) - 'Not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonable queried or disputed debt'

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

LEWIS DCA IS WELCOME SO IGNORE

IF YOU HAVE SENT THIS OR ARE ABOUT TO SEND, WELCOME CAN THEN DO S.F.A

AS LONG AS SENT BY RECORDED DELIVERY

Remember - a 'true copy' does not have to actually be a copy; it does not have to have a signature or address. It only must have the T&Cs (including the prescribed terms, of course.

If they have sent you a copy of T&Cs, then they have complied with s77/s78.

That doesn't make it enforceable, of course.

I hear that by the end of June the next round of mass branch closures/redundancies will be underway, and what remains of Welscum is to collect the outstanding loan book asap and using any means they can to do it!

Overall it seems it will take another 2-3yrs before Welscum are gone, meanwhile Cattles will live on to nurture its succesful 'Shopacheck' doorstep loan shark arm, the whole lot should have been wiped off the finacial map ages ago :mad:

This company is built on greed and has no scruples I have a loan with these crooks and have never missed a payment but kept getting calls asking when i was paying next little did i know they were charging me, I'm now in the process of claiming five years mis sold ppi. Ive borrowed £3,500 and have paid back £7,000 and have £3,500 to pay, I wont rest until I get it all back. Anyone who works for these crooks know whats going on and deserve all they get!!

I've no doubt they'r crooks based on a conversation my better half had with them just a few weeks ago re an existing a 0% agreement, which came about cos of a previous complaint about their practices, and it appears now that want to apply interest to the outstanding balance or for her to pay off the balance in full, this is depsite being bang up to date with payments and no arears, she told them to put it in writing if they dare and would happily see them in court, guess what, no such letter has been received to date!

I can't believe the stunts these guys & gals pull, and to the vulernable or those scared by the threats, Welscum must get away with a lot of stuff that in short is illegal!

They now seem ever more desperate than ever to claw money to be able to close their loan book asap, and in doing so pulling every stunt they can think of to do it!

Its about time Welscum were investigated for their current practices let alone previous!

I now have 14 days to pay the ficticious balance (13 days gone so far!!) OR ELSE!! If anyone from Welcome is reading any of this Good Luck with the OR ELSE.....................

Hi yes my daughter meets her deadline tomorrro for the ficticious balance they say she owes.....trouble is we dont know what to do......do we pay before they start adding more interest ..........I came on here to write to the ombusman.....

Bev Walker:???:

folks

we are getting between 10 and 15 phone calls a day from welcome regarding a 'joint' account. we do have one with them (secured) and agreed with that we would pay reduced payments for two months then go back to the normal payment, this we did. However we are getting default notices on this account despite paying it and we have the evidence via bank statements that this is so. I refuse to answer their security questions and despite writing to say i will only deal with them in writing they say this simply can't happen as they cannot access my account unless the questions are answered.

They are now trying a new tactic leaving a message on our phone to say "our systems have detected that this is an answerphone if this is incorrect press1".............do they think we are stupid.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks