Flu Jab ( Have you had it )

barry_2008
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has any one had the flu jab / swine flu jab before?

Maybe you have had it just had it or are about to have it.

I thought it might be interesting to find out how it went.

Perhaps we could post our experiences on this thread.

Edited by barry_2008

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

without victory there is no survival.”

(Winston Churchill Addressing the House of commons.)

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.

yes had mine 3 wks ago first time was ok just had a runny nose 4 a couple of days now have to have a swine flu jab this Sat

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I have the 'flu jab every year since my cardiac problems started. It causes me no problems.

The first 'flu jab I had, gave me very mild 'flu symptoms for 24 hours, but nothing since.

Still waiting for swine 'flu jab.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I had the seasonal flu jab a few weeks ago & had flu symptoms for 48 hours, in fact had to go to bed in the first 24 hours - first time I've been ill for nearly 40 years!!

I've now been mail shot from Docs asking me to go for swine flu jab as I am in the 'at risk' classification. Not sure why, I've not been to the doc's for some 8 years & no, I'm not that age either. Am I going? Am I L!!

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

I got a letter too saying I was in an "at risk" category. I rang up only to find it was a minor childhood illness from decades ago, so I said I'd rather not have it and leave it available to those who really do need it.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Had my swine flu jab this morning no side effects yet just a mildly painful left arm.

My mother in law had it too this morning (I took her) and she says her arm is really painful.

So I guess it all depends on age and fitness.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi Pompey, I had mine (swineflu) on Tuesday, actual jab didnt hurt at all. My arm started to feel hot around the injection site by Tues evening but didnt really bother me...but got up on Wed morning to a very achy and heavy feeling arm and generally feeling unwell. Since then the glands under my arm(the one which had the jab) are all swollen, I have a tickly dry throat..and this morning I have an angry red rash under my bust all on the same side of the jab... if I had the chance again I wouldnt have bothered:(

Edited by nowayjose

I had the flu jab about 2 years ago -I went for a pneumonia jab and they threw it in - I don't remember having any side effects - for either

Normally I'm as fit as a lop so I didn't bother with it last year. I thought GP's sent a letter if they thought you needed to have flu jabs.

Then this month I've had a really bad chest infection which started off as a sniffly nose and I've been floored for about two weeks - got to go back to the doctor in 4 weeks to make sure my chest has cleared up properly there's been no mention of me having had flu and if asked I'd say I had a head cold that went wrong, but now he want me to have a swine flu jab - he says I'm hi risk but not well enough to have it yet. I'm wondering if he's locking the stable door

Cheers

Wils

There is something called Squalene Antiseptic in the swine flu jabs.

This is the substance that is making a lot of the gulf war veterans ill.

Just something to be aware of.

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.

MF59 is a Squalene Adjuvant used in Vaccines like the Swine Flu Vaccine

Adjuvants in immunology are often used to increase the protective effects of a vaccine by stimulating the immune system to respond to the vaccine more vigorously, thus providing immunity to a particular disease.

When the body receives a vaccine with the adjuvant, it will react with a greater immune response than it would have otherwise reacted to the vaccine. The reason for this 'overreaction' to the adjuvant-loaded vaccine is that the body 'recognizes' the adjuvants as the 'enemy' because they mimic a natural infection, and stimulate the immune system to attack.

Adjuvants are attenuated, which means that live virus particles with very low virulence are administered. They will reproduce, but very slowly. Since they do reproduce and continue to present the 'enemy' antigen threat beyond the initial vaccination, vaccination boosters are required less often.

These vaccines are produced by growing the virus in tissue cultures that will select (allow) for less virulent strains, or by mutagenesis or targeted deletions in genes required for virulence. There is a small risk of reversion to virulence, this risk is smaller in vaccines with deletions. Attenuated vaccines also cannot be used by immunocompromised individuals.

MF59TM

MF59TM is a sub-micron oil-in-water emulsion of a squalene, polyoxyethylene sorbitan monooleate (TweenTM 80) and sorbitan trioleate. The MF59 adjuvant was developed by Chiron Corp., a company acquired by Novartis. MF59 is approved in Europe and is found in several vaccines, such as an influenza vaccine manufactured by Novartis. It has also been licensed to other companies and is being actively tested in vaccine trials.

Squalene

Squalene is a natural organic compound originally obtained from shark liver oil and a biochemical precursor to steroids. Squalene is a naturally occurring oil which has been used in the development of vaccine adjuvants, such as the oil-in-water emulsion MF59. In past years, by use of non-controlled and non-validated assays, a claim was made that antisqualene antibodies were detectable in the sera of individuals with the so-called Gulf War syndrome.

suffering.

There is something called Squalene Antiseptic in the swine flu jabs.

This is the substance that is making a lot of the gulf war veterans ill.

Just something to be aware of.

MF59 is a Squalene Adjuvant used in Vaccines like the Swine Flu Vaccine

Adjuvants in immunology are often used to increase the protective effects of a vaccine by stimulating the immune system to respond to the vaccine more vigorously, thus providing immunity to a particular disease.

When the body receives a vaccine with the adjuvant, it will react with a greater immune response than it would have otherwise reacted to the vaccine. The reason for this 'overreaction' to the adjuvant-loaded vaccine is that the body 'recognizes' the adjuvants as the 'enemy' because they mimic a natural infection, and stimulate the immune system to attack.

Adjuvants are attenuated, which means that live virus particles with very low virulence are administered. They will reproduce, but very slowly. Since they do reproduce and continue to present the 'enemy' antigen threat beyond the initial vaccination, vaccination boosters are required less often.

These vaccines are produced by growing the virus in tissue cultures that will select (allow) for less virulent strains, or by mutagenesis or targeted deletions in genes required for virulence. There is a small risk of reversion to virulence, this risk is smaller in vaccines with deletions. Attenuated vaccines also cannot be used by immunocompromised individuals.

MF59TM

MF59TM is a sub-micron oil-in-water emulsion of a squalene, polyoxyethylene sorbitan monooleate (TweenTM 80) and sorbitan trioleate. The MF59 adjuvant was developed by Chiron Corp., a company acquired by Novartis. MF59 is approved in Europe and is found in several vaccines, such as an influenza vaccine manufactured by Novartis. It has also been licensed to other companies and is being actively tested in vaccine trials.

Squalene

Squalene is a natural organic compound originally obtained from shark liver oil and a biochemical precursor to steroids. Squalene is a naturally occurring oil which has been used in the development of vaccine adjuvants, such as the oil-in-water emulsion MF59. In past years, by use of non-controlled and non-validated assays, a claim was made that antisqualene antibodies were detectable in the sera of individuals with the so-called Gulf War syndrome.

This sounds interesting. Can you provide references to any evidence?

Here's a good link.

WAVE - Vaccine Ingredients Squalene

I've just been handed a flu jab at an NHS stand outside the hospital i'am

staying in at the moment. Wonder if we can get the Jab tested to see how much Squalene is in it.

suffering.

Not yet but it's possible to get it.

suffering.

The idea of the post was to start some research on squaline.

Yes apparently according to NHS and other health experts I have been speaking to. (mainly Gulf war Veterans)

Because of the nature of squaline its hard to get information from any other source other than threads.

But its easier to ask converted health officials whom mistakenly believe its safe for every one to use.

suffering.

Hello,

I have been offered it as a front line health care professional, but declined. It may seem backwards, but I really hate having needles stuck in me. No problem doing it to others though.

One of my colleagues had it done though, and had a good amount of swelling in her upper arm, along with a lot of pain. Enough to put me off it.

Smoore102

UPDATE FROM MY POST 8

Well the morning after my left arm was more painful but only for the day, But yesterday I had mild flu like symptoms and a stonking headache.

But today alls well and back to my normal self.

PF

Hi Barry,

I work for the NHS and had my flu jab two weeks ago - and consequently suffered an allergic reaction from it!! Trust me ;-) Luckily my office houses ex-district nurses who assured me that the redness and swelling is actually quite common. Hurt like I don't know what for three days though!!

Hi Barry,

Luckily my office houses ex-district nurses who assured me that the redness and swelling is actually quite common. Hurt like I don't know what for three days though!!

Thanks for the post I am pleased NHS staff are feeling they are able to come forward and post on my thread. It just shows how helpful you all really are.

I have heard a lot of comments like that from Friends and staff who are in the high risk category.

Flu symptoms may be side effects from the flu jab but a sore arm may be just some bruising from the needle being in you're arm. I get blood taken regularly as physical observations as well as my mental health ones and there is now a permanent bruise on my arm.

suffering.

ive had my swine flu vaccine and seasonal flu vaccine 2 days ago now i feel fine i had one in each arm so over and done with in one go the site were the swine flu vaccine was administered is red sore swollen and hot and the seasonal flu vaccine site is red and a liitle sore but thats it due to being front line staff in a hospital i had to have them if u have been asked to get them then do for the sake of minor discomfort think of those around you i have a neice who is 15 months old and would rather not catch swine flu and pass it on

Hi Wcnn Who told you you had to have them?

suffering.