help re a parking charge - thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does this help me at all?

i've been reading it and page 13 section 67 seem interesting.

i've probably read it wrong but it says about 28 days etc

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/includes/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/filemanager/files/resources/code_of_practice_part_2.pdf

That's a Code of Practice that attempts to give a veneer of respectability to a disreputable industry, but it's not the law.

i can understand that you are nervouse about this, it is exactly how the PPC (Private Parking Company) whats you to feel.

you have been offered lots of excellent advice as to how best to proceed with this.

you really only have 2 courses to follow.

1/ Ignore there meaningless letters, threats and websites and they will eventually go away. this happens in all cases. you just have to hold your nerve.

if a debt collector was to turn up on your door he would be wasting his time and money as you are under no obligationto pay him any money or to even open the door to him, and never ever let him into your house. but i doubt that will ever happen.

2/ if you feel that this will stress you out and cause you sleepless nights then you may just want to pay the ticket and put this matter behind you. I can believe i just said that

:mad:LF53

so if they ring me again - what shall i do,

1. Do not confirm who you are or any details at all.

2. Tell them not to ring this number again, or you will report them for phone harrassment to the police and BT.

Question though. Where the hell did they get your number from?

As people have advised you, IGNORE them but if they phone tell them to stop.

Abi,

Treat them as a cold caller trying to sell you double glazing. You have nothing to worry about with these clowns, if they had any chance of a case you would not be getting begging letters and begging calls you would get a County Court summons, you haven't, work it out.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

1. Do not confirm who you are or any details at all.

2. Tell them not to ring this number again, or you will report them for phone harrassment to the police and BT.

Question though. Where the hell did they get your number from?

As people have advised you, IGNORE them but if they phone tell them to stop.

i'd love to know where they got my number from!!

**update**

was speaking to a fella at work today and they ticketed his car too for being not parked in bay correctly, he has ignored them and they sent him a "solicitors" letter from a Mr White, he ignored this as well and has heard no more. ( same letters from Roxburgh Debt Collectors too)

still being strong lol thanks

**update**

was speaking to a fella at work today and they ticketed his car too for being not parked in bay correctly, he has ignored them and they sent him a "solicitors" letter from a Mr White, he ignored this as well and has heard no more. ( same letters from Roxburgh Debt Collectors too)

still being strong lol thanks

Excellent, hope you're both spreading the word.

** another update **

another letter arrived today:

"we recently sent a 'notice to registered keeper' to which we have not received payment, or satisfactory grounds for appeal.

Please note that in the absence of payment or any valid appeal, we will pursue this matter to a conclusion.

In a further effort to resolve the outstanding 'civil parking charge' that was issued against your vehicle, please find listed the relevant details:

my car info

offence date

ticket number

It is in your best interests to get in touch with us so we can resolve this debt without recourse to further action. If we do not hear from you within 7 days we will pass the matter to our solicitors, Graham White, who will review your case for potential legal action.

yours sincerely

jonathon stock

Debt Recovery Manager

Roxburghe (uk) Ltd

hmmm is all i can say really - am guessing i still stand my ground and not get in touch??

x

Standard Roxbuggers letter

Next will come the first of two Graham White Solicitor's letter which will list a whole host of additional charges almost doubling the original invoice

Deal with this as follows - IGNORE

The second GW letter will state that lack of payment MAY result in legal proceedings and that ignoring will not make it go away

IGNORE and they will give up as they will have finally realised this is going nowhere and they need to find an easier target

It was suggested on another forum that the PPC's expect to only have 40% of their victims pay up so make certain you are in the 60%. Christmas is coming and lots of charities need money far more than these scamsters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks