help re a parking charge - thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The names these clowns think up to frighten people is pathetic. By recovery agents they mean the tea boy 3 desks down. IGNORE, and if you are ever feeling sad read over all their letters to give yourself a good laugh.

regards

lets hope so, thanks so much to all xx

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo hi all me again, letter came this morning, this one says passing it to legal department to commence court proceedings, little anxious, am I screwed? Sorry about wording x

Oct: failure to pay within 7 days will result in it being forwarded to legal department for further action.

Dec: Full payment of the above amount is hereby demanded within 7 days of this notice to prevent further recovery procedure commencing."

am I screwed?
No more than you were in October and then again in December. If I'm not mistaken the second anniversary of the original 'crime' is coming up. You really must remember to send them a card!!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, Sorry to hijack this thread but im having a bit of a panic over a letter i received this morning from Ethical Debt Recovery Services Ltd, regarding an "outstanding parking charge notice" from LDK security group ltd.

Ive received advice from the forums before regarding this matter, as i've had the letters from LDK themselves and also from Graham white solicitors. But this EDRS letter has me freshly panicked!!

It states it is a friendly reminder regarding the outstanding charge notice and also states

" we appreciate that you may have overlooked this so if you could please get in contact with us as a matter of urgency to avoid any increased charges. Please not that EDRS ltd do accept payment plans from a minimum of just £5.00 a week, should you require spreading the amount." It then has a list of payment methods.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, i think the friendly tone of the letter has thrown me! And im starting to think that perhaps this letter is legitimate??

Please Help!!!

• 2 months later...

Hello again, just me, got another letter today from ldk group saying they notice I have 2! Outstanding tickets, if I don't contact them and pay £180 then legal action will follow, do not ignore this letter then they go on about seizing goods for auction to pay it off.

I don't know what to do, I never had any tickets and in two minds to ring them though I know I shouldn't, sorry for my panic xx

Hello abi. I'm sure the guys will be along soon, but just to clarify, the 'tickets' are from a private parking company?

Are you sure it says they will go to court and not that they might, can etc?

It could well be further scare tactics because they're desperate for the money, but the guys will tell you. Sit tight.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

yeah hb they private company, they say in letter, legal action against u, if successful this will lead to a ccj against you,

Enforcement options include:

An attachment of earnings order

Your personal effects being attached and auctioned to pay outstanding amount

DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE AS LEGAL ACTION WILL FOLLOW

Then says if legal action follows you will be liable to extra fees.

What chews me the most is I never had a ticket let alone two!

Thank you xx

the matter of private parking tickets is VERY serious indeed.

A tremendous amount of publicity has been generated through the motoring forum here on CAG, Pepipoo, MSE etc concerning the matter of clamping on private ground and with pressure also from the likes of the AA & RAC, this has led to the Home Office Minister; Lynn Featherstone introducing into the forthcoming Protection of Freedom Bill a ban on clamping and vehicle removal on private ground.

This is brilliant news for all those who have campaigned BUT unfortunately, in the forthcoming bill, the Minister is introducing a clause whereby private parking tickets will becoming the responsibility of the VEHICLE OWNER as opposed to the current position whereby the vehicle DRIVER can be found to be liable.

Furthermore, the vehicle's keeper will have to identify the driver responsible for parking offences and if he refuses to identify the driver, he will be held responsible.

It is of course feared that “rouge clampers” will simply move into the role of “rouge ticketing” and there will be NO regulation of car ticketing.

The Minster has done an excellent job in banning clamping on private ground but introducing the requirement for the vehicle owner to be responsible is seriously flawed.

The Protection of Freedom Bill will have to go before the House of Lords for scrutiny and the Lords can be lobbied to insist on changes to the regulations.

Norman Baker; Minister for Transport is the person responsible for implementing the keeper liability regulations.

All private parking companies are supposed to abide by the British Parking Associations Code of Practice.

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

• 9 months later...

This is brilliant news for all those who have campaigned BUT unfortunately, in the forthcoming bill, the Minister is introducing a clause whereby private parking tickets will becoming the responsibility of the VEHICLE OWNER as opposed to the current position whereby the vehicle DRIVER can be found to be liable.

I've been reading the bill QC but can't see that bit, can you link to it or quote it here please ?

Actually the registered keeper, there is no national record of vehicle owners at this time.

Furthermore, the vehicle's keeper will have to identify the driver responsible for parking offences and if he refuses to identify the driver, he will be held responsible.

Again not right, the registered keeper is to be held responsible there is to be no onus on supplying the drivers details.

It is of course feared that “rouge clampers” will simply move into the role of “rouge ticketing” and there will be NO regulation of car ticketing.

Agree

All private parking companies are supposed to abide by the British Parking Associations Code of Practice.

:lol:

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

yea i know...........

dont panic mr mannering

thread closed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks