telogram

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone itssssmee again, Owen.Just as you all predicted, got home today 30/10/09 to find a letter from H L LEGAL........saying cos we havent contacted capquest, (letter only arrived on monday)we must now contact them before next week.Today we have sent off to experian for our credit reports and hopefully this will reveal all.The only thing we can think of is for approx £100 O/D from abbey from approx 1992. and we where at that time dealing only with CAB and they dealt with abbey on our behalf, I was very ill at the time but i am sure that it was agreed that abbey was not persuing the matter any further. (would cab still have records of this??can anyone explain the situation as regards an old overdraft debt (approx from 1992/3)

owen

Edited by owen everybody
unsigned

This is about the tenth almost exact case like this in the last few days to crop up on the forum ... looks like Capquest have bought a whole lot of immensely old statute barred debt from Abbey.

Anyone out there got a very small dog for sale? Capquest will buy it! What idiots.

thanks cerberusalert/ angry cat and donkeyB for your quick response. in light of your advice should i send this now or wait till i get my experian report back. (only sent it off today) and hopefully it will show up any misdemenour. telogram and hl are just asking at this stage if we are the person they are looking for to torture!owen

Hi evryone itssssme again! owen. at this time (4 nov ) our experian files have not arrived, which is in its self prolonging the thing.Anyway a question please: i have read where cq will eventually ring you.how do they get your tel. number if you are ex directory.oh there again.... we are with virgin, not so sure they are as fussed about giving out that info as bt where. any comments??owen

Well I had a feeling that Telogram were being sent on a wild goose chase.

My wife got a letter from them asking about an address we sold 14 years ago. Oh,, CapQuest are involved to.

Now, if there was a debt, we would not have had a mortgage. Let

alone a new bank account.

I have sent in to Watchdog about them as it seems to be a new flood.

I am tempted to call Telogram and point out the error of there quest.

Should I ? or should I call CapQuest ?

Now, if there was a debt, we would not have had a mortgage. Let

alone a new bank account.

If they had of registered a default on your credit file it would have dropped off long ago, they only remain on there for six years.

As for chasing a Statute Barred debt, they are in fact allowed to. It may be unenforceable through the courts but in fact it does still exist, however once you declare it Statute Barred they are supposed to desist any collection activities as it can be construed as harassment and against OFT guidelines, see; Debt collection guidance - Final guidance on unfair business practices - oft664 (bottom of page)

hi itsmmeee again owen. doh! still no experian report...bites nails manicly. ( posted it off ( paid by postal order)on 29/10/09) how long do they normally take .11/11/09 Got a letter from capquest saying they would accept half if we cough up before bla bla bla!and also have received a letter from what is supposed to be from abbey, (LOOKS iffy) saying they have sold the account onto you know who.Now originally cab sorted this out for us in and around 1993, and we have a letter from cab from around that time saying abbey where not pursing this.surely abbey should be corrosponding with cab. owen

Owen, you can get a copy of your credit report online - it's free for the first month!!

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Hi windywooyes i do know that you can see your file online for free.The reason I did not select this method, was because of posts on this forum that had trouble in cancelling the thing within the free period, and went on to having money taken from their account by d/debit.also I chose to send postal order to avoid sending the credit ref. agency any more of my data for them to collate eg. email add. phone No's etc.BUT! it looks as though it's gone pear shaped and if the report has not arrived by Mon. I will probaly have to ring them and see what's going on.owen.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOh! thinks are hotting up now.letter from capQ saying if I dont contact them they will bring in HL legal.and still no experian credit report. rang them this mornining to see what the problem is....but closed until monday..DOH!I'm wondering if they have got my request, or maybe they have gone astray?????

Hi all - just posted this on another thread also, I am first timer, in a bit of a state, hopefully you can guide. I recieved a letter from Teleogram, acting for CapQuest Investments Ltd. They are trying to establish my new address - they have an address I left 17 (ish) years ago - I handed the keys back on a property, used an agency at the time from memory who helped me close of any outstanding debt issues (for the life of me i cant remember how they did this) - anyway i havent heard anything for 17 years - now this. It says i need to respond within a certain time or it will be progressed to their investigation unit.

What is the correct action? Do I respond?

Please help.

hi bumper 186.sounds like we are in a similar position, I can not advise you but this forum seems to be the right place for advice. so keep your eye on your other thread and your welcome to watch this space.a bit of positive info I gleaned from this site is to request your credit report, and see if there are any nasties lurking. and regards this, do not worry.just get a file and keep a good record of letters or maybe phone calls.BUT! the usual advice is do not contact them. please read other threads on this and you will soon get the picture. i'm sure one of the team (big lads) will be about to help.owen

Hi all - just posted this on another thread also, I am first timer, in a bit of a state, hopefully you can guide. I recieved a letter from Teleogram, acting for CapQuest Investments Ltd. They are trying to establish my new address - they have an address I left 17 (ish) years ago - I handed the keys back on a property, used an agency at the time from memory who helped me close of any outstanding debt issues (for the life of me i cant remember how they did this) - anyway i havent heard anything for 17 years - now this. It says i need to respond within a certain time or it will be progressed to their investigation unit.

What is the correct action? Do I respond?

Please help.

I certainly wouldnt contact them, its a fishing trip.

Telogram just have a threat desk in the same office as crapquest.

Run by monkeys....