telogram

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as advised

capquest seem to have aquired a whole bundle of very old debts.

to all of you that get the letters.

TOTALLY IGNORE THEM. [esp NEVER EVER PHONE A DCA...EVER!!!]

its a phishing trip.

they are well statue barred as you all know.

if you respond you will simply put a marker on your file that a mug that might pay has responded...DON'T.

it is also worth remembering that it matters not if you chase tis lot away by the statue barring letter etc etc.

the next lot will not know that, DCA's have a nasty habit of fwding on phishing lists without current info. [else the 'buying' dca wont purchase it .. will they, cause its statute barred]

there is nothing they can do to you

they are a dca they have NO LEGAL POWERS.

please just ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi itssssme again owen.well now have had 5 letters 5 phone calls . telogram/ capquest/hl legal/ and one supposed to be from abbey. ( all unanswered )Is it time to send them a statute barred letter????e-mailed experian to ask where our credit reports where, and got a stock letter saying they have received the e-mail...so until the report arrives, would i be better hanging loose???owen.

why cant you do the free online CRA check at experian?

as for the letters etc

keep ignoring

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi dx100uk. i do know that you can see your file online for free.The reason I did not select this method, was because of posts on this forum that had trouble in cancelling the thing within the free period, and went on to having money taken from their account by d/debit.also I chose to send postal order to avoid sending the credit ref. agency any more of my data for them to collate eg. email add. phone No's etc.BUT! it looks as though it's gone pear shaped owen.owen

hi itssssme owen. had more phone call (unanswered).got an email from experian, said I had not supplied them with enough information for them to send me my reports.they have sent two of their forms in pdf format, which i have printed off, BUT! just thought can I fill the pdf form in online and just email it back to them?????BUT! how do you sign the form???owen.

Hi all, just had a letter from HL Legal, saying as no response to letter from Telogram, they will take further action to contact me - including a visit. Is there anything I can send them telling them to back off. I am still not absolutely certain as to what they are calling for - i am just guessing its the property scenario although after further checking i did reach an agreement with the mortgage company at the time who settled for a one of lump payment, so this should be closed.

Any guidence would be much appreciated - a link to a letter for me to send would be great....

Thanks in advance

hi itssssmee again owen.still have not received my credit report, despite replying on their "must have more info form" i'm getting tetchy now.It does not matter how I go about a thing it always goes pear shaped.I should of just gone on line like most people do and at least i would have my credit report.owen.

Now we are even more confused,, we had the HL Legal threat, we ignored that.

Now we get a CapQuest along with a Abbey/Santander so called Proof.

The stupid thing is, My wife and I had Joint everything.

When we sold that house all those years ago, it was sold as Full and Final.

We even got money out of it. So, strange how a debt appears from out of the blue.

So we will ignore it yet again. As this is no proof at all.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. At the beginging of this month I received a letter from telogram on behalf of Capquest saying they were trying to find out if this address is my current addres, the previous address they gave was from 15 years ago. I did not reply, then on Monday of this week I got a letter HL solicitors saying i have to contact them which I did not do.

Today I receive a letter from Capquest saying I owe Abbey £398.98. I never had any kind of account with Abbey until 1999, which was not a current account or loan account. The only accounts I have had and still do are investments. So i can not owe them any money. Plus i have never ever had any letters from Abbey saying I owe them anything.

So my questionis are these people [problematic] and what can I do about them? Please can someone advise me.

Edited by Missy_P
found spelling mistakes

It is a kind of [problem], albeit a legalised one. Any alleged debt that hs gone more than 6 years without a payment or written acknowledgement is Statute Barred. Send them the Stat Barred letter from the templates, then they cannot lawfully chase you any more. If they do, report them to Trading Standards and the OFT.

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

It is a kind of [problem], albeit a legalised one. Any alleged debt that hs gone more than 6 years without a payment or written acknowledgement is Statute Barred. Send them the Stat Barred letter from the templates, then they cannot lawfully chase you any more. If they do, report them to Trading Standards and the OFT.

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Thanks Huff&puff I Have downloaded and printed the sb letter

wife is sending it in the morning recorded and has to be signed for.

pers i wouldn't even bother doing that

it wont stop other dca's from doing the same as that info will not be fwded on in the phishing list. ignore them totally.

its for THEM to prove its not statute barred, not you to prove it is.

all you'll do is get a marker on the file that a possible mug has responded to a threat-o-gram.

dx

and they

its not fraud as such, just a phishing letter on some old debts.

dx

and they

and abbey dont exist anymore anyhow.

so thats another clue its a very old alledged debt

ignore them

dx

and they