Is this Theft or Fraud? Drakes; ****WON****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made a first payment of £50 to Drakes bailiffs by debit card. now without my

permission, they have put through another payment for the rest of the outstanding debt. It has not yet gone through yet but it is in the pipeline.

If I can't get my bank to stop the payment before it goes through, can I report them to the police for theft-oris it fraud?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

if this money comes out of your account it will take at least seven days for them to put it back in so please beware and act quickly.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

Hello this is deception ie they are saying they are you by using your details without your consent you only let them take one payment, it is also worth noteing that they may have breached data protection by using your details when you did not permit them too i would report them to the police anyway even if they have cancelled the transaction, if your bank can show that it was applied for then cancelled then you have something to go on. i once had to deal with a shop retailer who did the same and they were actually charged by the police for theft. (Deception is a form of theft) who knows they may cancel the whole debt if you drop your case against them worth a try.

No such luck for me Dchotcar.

When I went to the police, they said that as a dca was involved, they can take no action!!! I am hoping I can put them straight after my court case. Drakes have said

in a letter to me that their guy did get my consent [fat chance] and they were standing by him. I suppose that he will also perjure himself in Court as it is only my word against his. I hope that I get a judge who can read between the lines or come

to the correct decision after weighing up the balance of probabilities.

No such luck for me Dchotcar.

When I went to the police, they said that as a dca was involved, they can take no action!!! I am hoping I can put them straight after my court case. Drakes have said

in a letter to me that their guy did get my consent [fat chance] and they were standing by him. I suppose that he will also perjure himself in Court as it is only my word against his. I hope that I get a judge who can read between the lines or come

to the correct decision after weighing up the balance of probabilities.

What difference does it make who is involved?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I believe they will have committed the offence of Obtaining Money Transfer by Deception, one of the offences under the Theft Act 1968. I would go back to the police as, unless there is a court order authorising such payment, they would have to investigate, DCA involved or not. Also check everything that you have signed to see if there is anything that authorises the transfer.

• Haha 1

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

I just got a debit reversal on my account, so it must be possible to reverse this.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Hi everyone-thanks for your input.

I gave them my debit card details over the phone for the £50, so they then took the rest two days later and had the cheek to send me a receipt saying that I had also

done it over the phone!

They have written to me confirming that the lying t..rd did receive my confirmation.

Wonder if he will perjure himself?

I have nothing in writing for either transaction, so it would be my word against his.

As I have a summons on the way to them, is it worth it to try the police again?

What is it with the bloody police these days its so hard to get them to do anything must be something about having civilians answering the phones and manning front desks everytime I call the police I get told sorry we dont deal with that or sorry we have no powers to deal with that, it's crazy.

Get back down there and tell them you want it reported and you want an incident number its nothing to do with them being a DCA its to do with them taking an unauthorised amount under customer not present.

I would also cancel your cards too if the slimy turds are gonna play like that how do you know what theyre going to do next.

Read the small print and if there is a clause allowing them to take your money, it may be an illegal clause and subject to Unfair Contract Terms Act. Also, get a transcript of the phone call (all calls are recorded for training purposes....). This will give you all the ammo you need to prove their criminal offence. Then just issue a big claim and settle for whatever you can get.

Its WAR

There is nothing in the small print. They have justified their action by saying that

I gave them permission to take the money. Unfortunately I called them on my

mobile phone [pay as you go] so I don't think I can get a print out of the calls I made at that time.

Would they be stupid enough to keep a log of their calls when it is going against

them?

It appears that they have deliberately committed or attempted to carry out a fraudulent transaction using previous details given by you for a previous payment. I agree that you should immediately report this to the police and insist that they take down your complaint officially. It doesnt matter who they are, they are not above the law. Dont be fobbed off by some desk flying front counter clerk insist on speaking to a police officer. The Police should make inquiries by set minimum standards of investigation as they have to do in all aspects of criminal complaints. Make sure you get the crime reference number and clearly state that at no time did you authorise any further payments by your debit card after the initial one you did make. The police can and should sieze any tapes in relation to the phone call payment you did make and any subsequent calls involving you and this DCA from the DCA. Most calls are recorded for training purposes but dont quote me on it.

I hope you manage to get this sorted, keep us posted.

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Falcon, they did commit a fraudulent transaction.

When I went to the Police, the woman on the desk wasn't sure, but a PC said it was

theft. However she then rang up her sergeant who said that as it was a bailiff

there was nothing the Police could do!!!!!

I think Blue Skies was directing me to the Theft Amendment Act 1996 "obtaining

a money transfer by deception". Will go back to to the nick and try again. If

still they refuse, can I ask to speak to their Inspector for clarification of their

interpretation of the Law?

Falcon, they did commit a fraudulent transaction.

When I went to the Police, the woman on the desk wasn't sure, but a PC said it was

theft. However she then rang up her sergeant who said that as it was a bailiff

there was nothing the Police could do!!!!!

I think Blue Skies was directing me to the Theft Amendment Act 1996 "obtaining

a money transfer by deception". Will go back to to the nick and try again. If

still they refuse, can I ask to speak to their Inspector for clarification of their

interpretation of the Law?

I am pretty sre you could - it was taken from you without authorisation - can't see that it matters who it is

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Thats just rubbish so anyone who's a bailiff etc can basically use your cards without your permission and there's nothing anyone can do? What a load of utter poo!

Get back down there tell them theyre wrong and if they give you all that again ask to speak to the duty inspector and give him some over it