Paying CapQuest £3 a month and they charge £13 intrest a month!! Can they do this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a statement completely out of the blue yesterday from Capquest, for a Barclaycard debt.

Is this a new rule sending statements out?

It just lists interest charges over the last year! Should I CCA request?

There is a new rule that DCA's must send out statements, every 6 months, I believe (but don't quote me)

Have Barclaycard been chasing you up to now ?

How long since the last communication acknowledged by you ? (it may be statute-barred if over 6 years)

I think I would CCA.

Whatever you do:

DON'T TALK TO THEM ON THE PHONE.

PUT EVERYTHING IN WRITING AND KEEP A COPY EVERY TIME.

(Basic Rules)

You can have my advice based on my experience, you can even have my debts, but I give you no guarantees :)

You might want to SAR barclays as this will tell you when last payment made.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thats also why we advise to send recorded delivery minimum. Also you may be asked in court if you have proof they recieved the letter which is where the recorded delivery slip comes into play as if there is a problem you can email RM to find out what has happened with the signature.

Hi Godmother

You may be interested to know that on 19th and 26th October, I sent letters RD to a DCA in Birmingham. As at the beginning of this week (16th Nov) RM's track & trace was still showing these to be in the sytem awaiting delivery. I complained to RM and they have emailed me today giving delivery dates and their apologies. It seems they've also raised two internal complaints with the delivery manager concerned, and lastly, they've promised to refund my postage. That's what I call a good result.

(you may remember that Birmingham suffered 'wildcat' strikes ahead of the national stoppges)

LSP

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Would just like to give my experience on Interest. I was due to finish my payment plan with Capquest in Sept '09, i had been paying them by direct-debit with no problems.

My payments were supposed to leave my account on the 1st of each month,i noticed in Aug they didn't take any money from my account so i gave them a call only to be informed that the direct-debit had been cancelled, they couldn't tell me who or why it was cancelled so i paid them by debit card. September same thing so, i phoned them on the 1st to make my final payment, i was them informed that £243 interest had been added to my account. Needless to say i was fuming, the guy i spoke to said that if i paid the balance of my original debt the account would be closed, i asked for this in writing and he said i would have to write to them!!

Anyway long story short, they didn't close my account so i sent a letter to them informing them that i had no intention of paying the interest as they had not informed me that interest was being added to the account and they had not informed me of the rates, i also told them of my previous conversation with their staff memeber who said the account would be closed and said that i had recorded the conversation and would be willing to fight them in a court of law. I wrote to them on 6th October and heard nothing from them until today, they have removed the interest and closed my account, they also aplogised for the inconvenience,lol!

I have another account with CQ which is due to end in July next year, i shall be watching to see if they apply the same tactic.

so, it is defenitely worth fighting the interest charges, i don't know how they get away with it. Also 3 days after i wrote to them i received a statement of account!! Still haven't received one for the account that i still have with them though,jokers!!

Just to update you all.

No CCA from capquest and got a letter today to say they will not persue me any further..............................................

Wished i'd cca'd them a few years ago......

Thanks guys for all your help.

Akiv capital is next on my list........fingers crossed.....

Just to update you all.

No CCA from capquest and got a letter today to say they will not persue me any further..............................................

Wished i'd cca'd them a few years ago......

Thanks guys for all your help.

Akiv capital is next on my list........fingers crossed.....

well done, i'm waiting on two CCA's from capquest, so far i've had two signed application forms sent, which is no good to man nor beast

hoping for a similar letter soon

• 3 months later...

Ok. Due to finish paying my final debt(whoo hoo) to Capquest on the 1st June and i've just arrived home to find a letter from HL Legal Solicitors saying that i have until 15th April to pay off my balance!!?

My payments have been leaving my account on the 1st of each month with the last payment on 1st april!

This now seems to be some sort of trend with Capquest as in my previous post above, they cancelled my DD again when i only had two payments left and then, tried to charge me interest for late payment,this time, they are issuing a pay now or else letter when i haven't missed a payment in 3 yrs!!

I could call them tomorrow and pay off the balance but the devil in me wants to stick to the original agreement and not finish paying until 1st June as i don't like bullies!!

Pleas advise what you think is best!

Many thanks

Stick to the agreement. Write to HL and tell them you have in place a agreement that you pay XX a month on XX date and no payments have been missed and you will carry on with the payments as per the agreement.

make sure you are firm with them and make sure you tell them that payments can not and will not be increased.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.