• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot/Morgan & My Monument card case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya All,

Here we go then for Round, 15....

Court order came yesterday,..

1 Hearing is adjourned first open date etc., ( its 6th July )

2 The Claimant and Defendant shall file and serve additional Witness

Evidence as to the remaining issues by 4.00 p.m.

25th May.

These are the two remaining issues that the D.J. didn't/couldn't dismiss

at the hearing.

Incidentally, the D.J. also told ME to send any evidence ( when I told him I have the termination notice, and possibly the D.N. ). that, any evidence you find, you must send straight away to Cabrots".

3 The Claimant do file an updated trial bundle by 4.00.p.m. 28th May

Now I presume this means I have to send a copy to them and court, of the Original , " therefore we have closed your credit card account",

letter.

This letter closed the account because the arrears of £150. (about).

had not been paid.

The letter..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2578886.html

ALSO, if they now send a "re-Redacted" Deed of assignment. HOW

can I question the Blacked out bits that I think they will leave in.

Namely. the section headed "uncollectable accounts."

Should I ask Cabrots now in a seperate letter, or ask in court.

Also as I have time, Is it an idea to NOW send Cabrots a S.A.R. request?

fussey

Edited by sir fussalot

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sir fuss

have a look at your DOA, and bob over to my thread an check out what Meldrew has posted p260 it may be useful for you too

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

• 2 weeks later...

well here is the "additional witness evidence"

Claim Number

Cabot Financial (Claimant ) v ( Defendant )

To comply with an order by His Honour Judge

The Claimant and Defendant shall file and serve additional witness evidence as

to the remaining issues by 4.00.p.m. On 25th May 2010”

ADDITIONAL WITNESS EVIDENCE XXXX XXXX

( Claimant )

Termination Letter from Monument

1 At the hearing of 4th May Mr. Cabot was “unaware that the account had been terminated.”

2 No Default Notice has been shown depite repeated requests and a court order

Exhibit “A” (termination letter )

3 At the hearing of 4th May it was denied that the terms and conditions supplied by Cabot

were the genuine terms and conditions that applied to the Providian account at that time.

4 In these terms and conditions it was stated that late payment charges and overlimit charges

would be £18.00p. each

5 £18.00p. Per over limit and late payment have never applied to this account

6 The late payment and overlimit charges applied to the account were £24.00p each

EXHIBIT “B” (copy of statement with L.P. charges)

Additional Witness Evidence. Page 2

7 The only Notice of Assignment received is a redacted copy of the Deed of Assignment between

Cabot and Barclaycad.

8 This does not apear to be consistent with the alleged date of Assignment.

EXHIBIT “C”

This document is already in the “Trial Bundle”, page 2 so is not enclosed

9 Mr Cabot stated at the hearing on the 4th May, that Cabots only wanted the

“Arrears”but still claims the full amount.

10 If the alleged agreement was properley executed, then under that agreement he is claiming

for payments not yet due.

11 In order to claim these payments Monument should have sent a Default Notice.

Comments please....

(main hearing is in July )

fussey

Edited by sir fussalot

I am about to put to-gether my final DEFENCE.

In his infinite wisdom, the D.J. said, that he,

"had covered all the prescribed terms, and that they were in the accompanying T&C's, so he now considered the agreement (application Form ). was good; AND he would not be discussing this point at the next hearing, ""Do you understand sir Fussalot"".

He then responded to my point that they were not the original T&C's..

and asked Cabot to "examine them further". and said that bearing this point in mind.

In other words he gave Cabot chance to find the original T&C's

[the T&C's they supplied were not the original. I pointed out that in the "Raw Data Log" supplied by Cabot. after 30 days into my CCA request, Cabot kept e-mailing Barclays for the original agreement, and T&C's.

in it a line said " ,

" Herberts, 06/04/08 Take a note:Information used - Sept 06 monument

T&C's"

Cabots man, when asked by the DJ said" No that doesn't mean it necessarily was the T&C's used from 06." and guess what :cool:

Yes, ............DJ said, O.K.

There was also another line that said, " re-scanned application form sent"

DJ still didn't think this meant what I thought it meant (after "consulting" Cabots man ....:eek:.

Hey Ho.

SO, After all my waffling, a Question ......

If Cabrots do not supply PROPPER T&C's, is that a DEFENCE in its self.?

i.e. no agreement. OR no enforceable agreement due to not an Executed Agreement.

(place your bets! :D )

s.f.

Edited by sir fussalot

I would be making sure I examine Carey's judgement for clues on this point (i.e. using terms and conditions from elsewhere)...

Do you have a signature box on your "agreement"? I''ll have a look through your thread to see if it is posted but the small print usually yields some interesting information on this point :)

Wouldnt you be able to use Carrey in defence to that 'Paragraph 234(4) ..... Of the ruling

Quote:

If an agreement has been varied by the creditor under a unilateral power of variation, the creditor must still provide a copy of the original agreement, as well as the varied terms;

Hadituptohere

Thanks, will study Carey.

VJ agreement is page 7 post 134

No still no NoA.

fussey

Ok... you need to focus on the NOA then. Sent you an email with a document which will tie in nicely with this.

Let's put it this way, with Cabrot sending you a "representation" of the NOA they have inadvertently shot themselves in the foot.

Any chance of that document Vjohn, all cabot have sent me is a representation of a NOA with no proof of posting etc

Hadituptohere

VJ.

what can I say..........:???:

It did seem to make more sense on the THIRD reading....:D

i think I can see were we are going. I will read it thro' once or twice

until I can fully understand it.

But thank you, it will "stop it dead", if its done correctly.

s.f.

Now then here's a thing for you " LEGALS "

Cabrot showed T& C's for the original hearing purporting to be the originals that applied to my "application" form.

I showed the court that they weren't, as the APR and Default charges were incorrect.

The "kindly" D.J. then asked Cabrot to "look into it" for next time.

They have now sent me the new witness statement saying that," they were only showing what the original creditor had sent them"

But they have now sent ( copy attached for me to see ). the "original T&C's.

Now in the middle of all this, I had SAR'd the original creditors ( Barclays )

who replied with a letter, ( dated before the "new" T&C's were produced )

That they did not hold ANY CORRESPONDENCE for this account, and the rest of my request would be sent to me by the appropriate department.

Well all that came was a list of the default charges and dates applied.

SO,

If Barclays ( the original creditor ) did not hold any info' on my a/c.

Then where have Cabrot got the T&C's from.?

Could I insist that they can NOT be used as evidence?

s.f.

A party discloses a document by stating that the document exists or has existed."... extended by 31.11:

"(1) Any duty of disclosure continues until the proceedings are concluded.

(2) If documents to which that duty extends come to a party’s notice at any time during the proceedings, he must immediately notify every other party."

A party discloses a document by stating that the document exists or has existed."... extended by 31.11:

"(1) Any duty of disclosure continues until the proceedings are concluded.

(2) If documents to which that duty extends come to a party’s notice at any time during the proceedings, he must immediately notify every other party."

So as in my case, I KNOW that a default notice exists and also a letter that could be deemed as a letter of Termination - but Cabot's WS relies on the fact that these documents do not exist and have relied on collecting "Arrears" only.

That basically blows there case if i reveal? even now after judgment and waiting for an Oral appeal Hearing?

Getting confused?

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Hi SF

I guess you have to bring up the enforceability of the agreement again at the next hearing as the judge was clearly wrong and you didn't get chance to argue the point.

In the Wilson case the judge said:

“ In my judgment the objective of Schedule 6 is to ensure that, as an inflexible condition of enforceability, certain basic minimum terms are included which the parties (with the benefit of legal advice if necessary) and/or the Court can identify within the four corners of the Agreement. Those minimum provisions combined with the requirement under s61 that all the terms should be in a single document, and backed up by the provisions of s127(3), ensure that these core terms are expressly set out in the Agreement itself: they cannot be orally agreed; they cannot be found in another document; they cannot be implied; and above all they cannot be in the slightest mis- stated. As a matter of policy, the lender is denied any room for manoeuvre in respect of them.

The court is therefore barred from issuing an enforcement order under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, in accordance with sections 65 and 127(3) as it then was, and the claimant’s claim must fail.

So the T&C's are almost an irrelevance as the prescribed terms cannot be in the T&C's they need to be in the signature document which they clearly aren't.

Don't know if this will help but it seems to me that the judge has ridden right through this judgement from the House of Lords.

I am interested in your case as my partner has exactly the same app form as you do and that is also with Cabot although they haven't issued a claim yet.