Wedding Honeymoon one problem after another

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That is Brillant

Thankyou !!

I have had to change a couple of little things i hope you don't mind. You wrote that the Virgin Rep was a He and its a she so i changed that. and for some reason i dont know if i did it wrong but the price on the internal flight was £444.60 not £444.15.

You have done such a great Job thankyou.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is Brillant

Thankyou !!

I have had to change a couple of little things i hope you don't mind. You wrote that the Virgin Rep was a He and its a she so i changed that. and for some reason i dont know if i did it wrong but the price on the internal flight was £444.60 not £444.15.

You have done such a great Job thankyou.

Ok. Excellent.

Good Night!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Im gonna go to bed now, But i am going to ensure all is properly together tomorrow.

And then i will post both letters Special delivery i will give you a shout once its all done.

Oh and by the way Your very good !!

Im gonna go to bed now, But i am going to ensure all is properly together tomorrow.

And then i will post both letters Special delivery i will give you a shout once its all done.

Oh and by the way Your very good !!

I should hope so! But wait till this is over before stating the obvious ;)!

Please make an effort to spell correctly, and write as close to grammatically correct as you can, PLEASE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

For the work and effort LP puts into helping people it is worth listening to every single word he says.

sexyfufu, you are very lucky to have been helped out by LP. He has done an excellent job in preparing the above attachment and letter for you.

LP, you must be the only one on this CAG forum to have actually gone that extra mile. The way you have helped me words cannot describe, and I am sure sexyfufu is very grateful to you also. I hope we all see some success out of all these troubles.

LP, you are a star xxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck sexyfufu to.

For the work and effort LP puts into helping people it is worth listening to every single word he says.

sexyfufu, you are very lucky to have been helped out by LP. He has done an excellent job in preparing the above attachment and letter for you.

LP, you must be the only one on this CAG forum to have actually gone that extra mile. The way you have helped me words cannot describe, and I am sure sexyfufu is very grateful to you also. I hope we all see some success out of all these troubles.

LP, you are a star xxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck sexyfufu to.

Thanx frettful38, it's always good to know I'm appreciated :D!

And I'm sure there are others on CAG, in fact I know there are others on CAG, who have gone the extra mile!

Hi legal,

Both letters have been sent Special delivery, The post office now won't guarantee them getting there on Monday but they will do there best.

I have spell checked everything and a colleuge at work took a look and advised on some grammer. So hopefully now we have a perfect letter.

You have gone the extra mile to help me and i am very grateful for all your help. and i agree with everything Fretful38 says... You are a star !!!

Hi legal,

Both letters have been sent Special delivery, The post office now won't guarantee them getting there on Monday but they will do there best.

I have spell checked everything and a colleuge at work took a look and advised on some grammer. So hopefully now we have a perfect letter.

You have gone the extra mile to help me and i am very grateful for all your help. and i agree with everything Fretful38 says... You are a star !!!

Firstly, when you change letters, please let us know how you've changed them so that we can comment. Sometimes by changing the grammar the meaning is changed. And I'm only human so if the changing of the grammar is correct, then let me learn as well.

Secondly, please try and spell write when you post up here. It's one of the things that really get's me frustrated.

Thirdly, excellent. Check with the link I gave you on Monday afternoon and let us know when it's confirmed by Royal Snail that it's there!

Thanks!

Sorry i didn't change your letter.

Just the captions under the Photographs.

Oh, ok. I misunderstood your post.

I'm going to prepare for the Sabbath. It come in at 5:40pm today and goes out tomorrow evening at 6:43pm, so I'm unavailable now till tomorrow night.

Have a good weekend.

If you want to prepare over the weekend, seeing as you've got one spare copy of all the documents printed already, you can print another 3 in preparation for the court claim [as you're suing 2 defendants, you need 4 copies of everything - 1 the court keeps, 1 is stamped & given to you & 1 for each of the defendants]. Also print 4 copies of each of the letters - on your letterhead - but don't print the quotes yet, and no need to print the Argos stuff, as you'll have a receipt from Argos - copy that 4 times.

I'll be back Saturday night or Sunday to tell you what needs doing next.

Ok will do that.

Do you think Virgin will respond ?

No clue and don't care!

Bye till Saturday night or Sunday. Gotta run!

• Haha 1

Once you've copied everything, the next thing for you to do is this.

You should start drafting the Particulars of Claim ("PoC"). Do not put in any of the reference details, or mention MBNA. Just - using the letter I drafted - in numbered points describe what happened.

Do not describe why you think they're liable, or suchlike, only state what happened.

Don't just copy and paste from my LBA to Virgin, lay it out correctly, in the right order, in short numbered points, each one not more than 5 lines at most, but preferably not more than 3 lines.

Don't take the initiative to type up any legal jargon, let me do that. All I'm asking you to do is draft the bulk of the PoC that relates to what happened. Let me deal with the MBNA bit and legal jargon.

Okay, I will get to work on this tonight / tomorrow and i will get something posted up tomorrow.

Thanks, I have also been taking the time to look through your posts. You are very good and very thorough.

Donna x

im going to post what i have done so far, Please tell me if im doing it correct and its whats needed. For Bahamas can i list each problem individually or do you just want a short line indidicating all the problems.

Im doing it in word, its not displayed properly here bu when its finished i will attach the word document.

1. Before we left England I received 2 letters from Virgin Weddings and both times they had addressed them to “Donna & Derek”. I called Virgin and informed them that my husband to be name was in fact Darren, not Derek. Upon arriving in Orlando there was 2 more letters from yourselves addressed to Donna & Derek.

2. We received our flight tickets 7 days before departure, the tickets clearly display a price of £444.60. We were charged £530 each, I consulted Virgin regarding this prior to travelling and I was told the price we paid was correct.

3. Upon arriving in Orlando airport and collecting our luggage, we noticed in the suitcase that contained my wedding dress a hole and a crack. This made me very upset, distraught and annoyed because this case was clearly marked with a fragile label.

4. On the 2nd morning of our stay at Disney Coronado Springs resort their was major renovation works in the room 3 doors from ours. Outside our room on the landing there were lots of tools including drills, planers, saws and various other electrical equipment. There was also an electrical lead running along the floor which we had to walk over.

5. Upon arriving in Orlando airport to check in for our flight to The Bahamas. The flight tickets issued from Virgin Holidays contained the incorrect airline company and flight number. The Airport staff told us we were on a code share and were flying with Bahamas Air.

6. When we boarded the Aircraft for our flight to The Bahamas, we noticed some loose wires to the left of out feet. The aircraft was 27 years old and the cabin was very dirty, the aircraft also seemed to be going from left to right.

7. We checked into our hotel in The Bahamas and immediately found numerous problems.

Thanks for all your help.

im going to post what i have done so far, Please tell me if im doing it correct and its whats needed. For Bahamas can i list each problem individually or do you just want a short line indidicating all the problems.

Im doing it in word, its not displayed properly here bu when its finished i will attach the word document.

1. Before we left England I received 2 letters from Virgin Weddings and both times they had addressed them to “Donna & Derek”. I called Virgin and informed them that my husband to be name was in fact Darren, not Derek. Upon arriving in Orlando there was 2 more letters from yourselves addressed to Donna & Derek.

2. We received our flight tickets 7 days before departure, the tickets clearly display a price of £444.60. We were charged £530 each, I consulted Virgin regarding this prior to travelling and I was told the price we paid was correct.

3. Upon arriving in Orlando airport and collecting our luggage, we noticed in the suitcase that contained my wedding dress a hole and a crack. This made me very upset, distraught and annoyed because this case was clearly marked with a fragile label.

4. On the 2nd morning of our stay at Disney Coronado Springs resort their was major renovation works in the room 3 doors from ours. Outside our room on the landing there were lots of tools including drills, planers, saws and various other electrical equipment. There was also an electrical lead running along the floor which we had to walk over.

5. Upon arriving in Orlando airport to check in for our flight to The Bahamas. The flight tickets issued from Virgin Holidays contained the incorrect airline company and flight number. The Airport staff told us we were on a code share and were flying with Bahamas Air.

6. When we boarded the Aircraft for our flight to The Bahamas, we noticed some loose wires to the left of out feet. The aircraft was 27 years old and the cabin was very dirty, the aircraft also seemed to be going from left to right.

7. We checked into our hotel in The Bahamas and immediately found numerous problems.

Thanks for all your help.

Do everything in order.

Detail the problems in their own numbers.

Start from when you bought the tickets and how you paid for them & how much, and what they were for.

Hi,

Hope your well

Okay i think i have done it, Just hope i have done it correctly and its what you want. I have attached it to this post.

Thanks again.

Ok. Won't have time to look at it before tonight earliest, probably not before Thursday or even Saturday night/Sunday, so if you - or anybody else thinks of any changes - please post up here.

Either way we gave them 21 days [which starts today, because they should receive the letters today]. I deliberately asked you to do it early, so that I am not pressured the day before you issue.

Hi,

I can confirm Virgin recieved there letter on the 24/10, 2 days before they were suppose to. Which is Great !!

I have also had a reply to do the previous letter i sent. This time there is another mistake with the final offer.

£319.85 + £85.85 = £491.55

My calculation is= £405.70

The more the better, But i will not be accepting this offer.

Please find letter attached.

Edited by sexyfufu

Hi,

Ive recieved a response to My Final Letter, Where do i now go from here ?

They have increased there offer but £200 less than i hoped, If MBNA pay up then i will get the £1,000 i wanted.

What do you think my chances are of winning this is in court.

Please find it attached, and also when i attend court will they try and slate me. Sorry for all the questions and thanks so much for all your help.

Attached is the letter i recieved today.

Please remove it, remove the personal information and repost it. You should NEVER post personal information in a public forum!

Hi,

Ive recieved a response to My Final Letter, Where do i now go from here ?

They have increased there offer but £200 less than i hoped, If MBNA pay up then i will get the £1,000 i wanted.

What do you think my chances are of winning this is in court.

Please find it attached, and also when i attend court will they try and slate me. Sorry for all the questions and thanks so much for all your help.

I can never guarantee success but I disagree with their decision, and therefore recommend you sue. I think £1k is nothing compared with how much you should get. At the end of the day you spent more than £5,500 with them, and they offer you a measly £800 for botching up everything?! To me that's unreasonable and unfair!

It's called the odds game. How many people out of all the people who write a letter are actually going to sue? Of those how many will keep going?

In response to your question "will they try and slate me" I've never heard that terminology. It's impossible to know what they will do and how they will behave. My guess is that they'd offer a bit more when you issue, you refuse, they defend, you respond, they offer a bit more and MAYBE a month before the hearing they settle at more like 70%.

I have a policy of NEVER sinking below 70% + court fees when I issue, unless I am doing it to see what happens (which I wouldn't recommend for anybody, especially somebody who isn't knowledgeable in court procedure).

Don't worry. I think you've got a good case. But as I said, as a disclaimer, nobody can guarantee anything.

You can't issue till either both MBNA & Virgin Holidays have responded or the 3 weeks have gone by. So we wait.

I'll go through your draft PoC one of these days, but I'm mad busy at the moment. I'm in the middle of pickling as I write this.

Gotta run!