Wedding Honeymoon one problem after another

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my last letter 2 weeks today, they recieved it on 6/10/09.

I worte in it that i wanted a reply within 2 weeks or i would take legal Action and i enclosed the cheque.

Where do i now go from here, or how much longer should i give them ?

Thanks

What cheque did you enclose?

I'll go through this in more detail tonight, all being well, but your letters haven't stated the basis for compensation, so aren't legally letters before legal action, so technically you haven't given them a fair warning. I'll draft a new one for you within the next couple of days - I will try tonight, but no promises - which you should then send Special Delivery.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Virgin sent me a cheque for £319.85, but put a different surname on it, so i couldn't of cashed it anyway.

Did you keep a copy?

Thanks so much for your help and taking your time to help me.

Thank me when this is over.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

We scanned the letter and the cheque into the computer.

Good.

sexyfufu: Sorry about this. I have looked a bit, but I'm completely knackered as I haven't stopped working the whole darned day. If I wrote a long post to you tonight there'd be mistakes in it, and we don't want that.

So I'm getting an early night tonight - normally it's 1-2am - and getting up early tomorrow, and will try to deal with this as best as possible during the morning.

I have meetings at: 9:20am-9:45am, 11:30am-1pm & 2:40pm-3:20pm and probably some post will come that will occupy me a bit, but I will do my utmost to find time for you tomorrow.

What we'll do is aim to do a letter for you that can be posted Special Delivery on Wednesday, which means they'll get it Monday [as there's a strike on Thursday and Friday] and you'll sue 3 weeks later.

I say 3 weeks so we can prepare a court claim thoroughly, as that'll take quite a bit of time and I'll be quite busy with coursework and my normal work. We'll start preparing the claim on the assumption they won't respond satisfactorily, next week, and if they do respond - but unsatisfactorily - only minor changes will be needed to refer to that.

You'll be issuing one claim against TWO defendants - Virgin Holidays and Virgin Money [which is actually MBNA], and you'll be sending a letter to MBNA/Virgin Money as well.

You see MBNA as Credit Card provider have joint and several liability with Virgin Holidays for your claim under s75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as you paid some of the money on your credit card, and the "value" of the "service" was between £100 and £30,000.

One quick question before I get ready for bed: Your breakdown came to £6,413 [i had assumed £5,670 because you said you got a 10% discount which came to £567]. Please clarify:

1) How much exactly, was the total charge, before discount?

2) How much exactly, was the discount?

3) How much exactly, was the amount paid by Credit Card?

Sorry if I am misreading what you have written.

Ok, off to prepare for bed and then bed now!

This didnt work see post below,

Cost Break DownQtyUnit TotalAdult Price21873.003746.00ATOL Protection Charge21.002.00Deluxe Wedding1449.00449.00Early Booking Bonus1-45.00-45.00Weekend Flight Supplement220.0040.00Fuel APD & Resort Tax2147.30294.60Discount2-40.00-80.00VAA Flight Adjustment2-70.00-140.00VS Preium Discount2-90.00-180.00Inbound Premium Supplement2305.00610.00Platinum Package1280.00280.00Car Hire1319.00319.00Credit Card Charge16.806.80Internal Flight2530.001060.00Transfer Charge230.0060.00VA Flying Club 10% amex1-567.00-567.00Total Price Excluding Discounts £6867.40Discounts £1012Total Price Paid £5855.40

I paid £346.80 by Credit Card.

Edited by sexyfufu

Hi Legal,

Is there anything i have missed ?

Sorry, actually working on it now. Should be able to post up soon.

Not to worry, Special Delivery is going during the strike but the guarantee is out of the window, till Monday. So it can be sent on tomorrow or Friday.

For starters the address you've used isn't the registered office, which is what I always recommend using.

Secondly, the documents with pictures on have the writing using some capital letters in the wrong places. When doing that you automatically result in them thinking less of you and thinking there's less chance of you suing them. Therefore I recommend that you go through those documents, and put all the images in Word files with a small caption directly below each image - but with the caption written correctly, for example: Pictures of the wires directly below our feet, clearly visible to the eye on the plane for the Bahamas Air flight.

Only capitalize the first letter of the sentence and names.

I'll be back soon. I may stop for a few minutes to take a bite to eat.

Sorry for the delay, I'm framing a letter that even the pickle is proud of! I may have some questions as I go along, but am taking a break to have some food, and should be back shortly.

On what date did you make the booking and make the payment of £346.80 by credit card?

I meant exact date - you wrote December 2008 in your first post, but what date exactly.

And what date exactly did you pay the remaining by transfer from your Halifax account?

Have you bought a replacement suitcase for the one damaged? If not, why not? How much would a replacement like for like suitcase reasonably cost?

Edited by legalpickle
almost simultaneous post by OP

I don't understand that.

The total came to £5,855.40 after discounts. If the amount of £346.80 was paid by credit card, then £5,469 should have been due by bank transfer. Why did this come to £5,508.60???

I haven't brought a suitcase, i got a box one because it was for my wedding Dress, I did have it a few years but didnt like it due to the case being quite heavy.

I would say a like for like suitcase would be about £40-£50

I haven't brought a suitcase, i got a box one because it was for my wedding Dress, I did have it a few years but didnt like it due to the case being quite heavy.

I would say a like for like suitcase would be about £40-£50

Find a price online. Unfortunately in small claims you can't claim for future losses, therefore you would have to buy one in order to claim it. If it's not too much money for you, I'd recommend you buy one. No guarantees you'll get the money back, but I believe you would do so. I don't see why you shouldn't.

I assume you have the card and letters addressed to "Donna & Derek"? If yes, scan them in and copy them. They should go with the photos to be attached to the letter.

Print TWO copies of all that.

£5855.40

-£346.80

= £5508.60

Sorry, my maths head is switched off!

Yes i have about 4 or 5 different things with Donna and Derek on.

I photocopied all these at work, is it okay to photocopy them or would you scan them so there in colour ?

I can find a suitcase online and buy it not a problem

Yes i have about 4 or 5 different things with Donna and Derek on.

I photocopied all these at work, is it okay to photocopy them or would you scan them so there in colour ?

I can find a suitcase online and buy it not a problem

It's Ok to photocopy them for the letters, but I would recommend scanning them in so that they're in colour and then printing them for the claim.

If you post here the make & model of the case, I can probably find one online. Because commercial links are against CAG rules, I would have to post directions of how to find it again in Google.