Capital One & Impact Collections..Phonecalls & Charges...

katpuss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have a debt with Capital One for a credit card, I fell behind with the payments and they heanded the debt to their in house DCA, Impact Collections. I have now added them to my Debt Management Plan with the CCCS so that I can pay them what I can afford and I have cut the card up.

They are calling me non stop every day, won't listen to me, I've told them that they're on the DMP and they just ignore me. It's really getting to me!

On top of all that they are charging me £24 per month for missed payment and overlimit fee and the balance keeps growing and growing.

Can anyone help or advise please?

Thanks

Katpuss

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Don't know about Impact Collections being Crappy Ones in house.

Debitarse is their monkeys.

Impact are based in Evesham and I think they are independant.

But as Debt4Get says, CCA request and harrassment letter to Impact and SAR to Crappy One.

Don't get in to any discussion with them over the phone and don't give them any card or bank details

Who is your DMP with??

The idiots who are calling you regarding payment are in breach of OFT Debt collection Guidelines for a start, your DMP should be made aware of this breach and,if they will not/can not advise and sort this out, your DMP should be dropped like a hot potatoe!

The whole point of appointing a DMP is so you do not have to fanny about with DCA's and their empty threats..

Ignore the charges, they are irrelevant, they are unlawful if not unfair...to say the least!

Inform your DMP, and tell them explicitly, that if they fail to do what you are paying them for and DCA's still insist on calling you, that you willl pull out of the DMP without further notice or payment.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!