Toyota Finance - Car loan question. Very concerned!

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also Postgii is the man who can regarding finance thinga-me-jigs....

I shall let him know:p

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just a thought, if you own the car out right, then it must be quite new? Sell it as used car prices have gone up quite a bit due to the goverment scrapage scheme for older cars, pushing up the price of newer ones

then hold off for a part settlememt ( do not offer the full amount) then if you need to buy a car get one off ebay for 500 quid

A Fixed Sum Agreement Will Not Be On The Hpi Register

The Finance Co Are Giving You A Loan, Not Hp To Buy The Car

Some Finance Companies Do Put It On The Hpi Register Until You Educate Them (welcome Finance)

If Its A Fixed Sum Loan Agreement, You Can Sell At Any Time With Out The Permissionof The Finance Co

They have registered their interest with HPI to keep an eye on the car - so that they are notified if you sell.

They are not really entitled to register an interest as they do not have title to the car as they would have with HP.

Again This Is Wrong

They Cant Put This In The T&c

That Would Make It a Restricted Agreement

That Hp

This Is A Personal Loan Agreement

I Would Love What Regs Under A Regulated Cca Agreement They Are Quoting To Be Able To Do This

Its Either A Hp Or Fixed Sum Agreement

Cant Have A Bit Of Both

I Would Make Mincemeat Out Of Them In Court

They Have No Tital To The Goods Under A Fixed Sum Agreement

Period

Here is my original agreement.

Toyotaagreement.jpg

As you will see from the heading you cannot tell whether it is a HP agreement, a secured loan and just a loan as the heading is blacked out. This is supposed to be a true copy of my agreement however I doubt if it will stand up in court as obviously the intention was to mislead me. At the time i thought I was signing a HP agreement and reasonable person woudl have assumed the same.

T & Cs as follows;

ToyotaagreementTC-1.jpg

No where does it state that the loan is secured on the vehicle although it does state that if sold payment shoudl eb made in full straight away. As the T & Cs are on a seperate sheet, I doubt whether they would apply as there is no signature on the seperate sheet.

Toyota Finance never ever repsond to any letters sent to them whether by ordinary mail or recorded mail.

Edited by Surfer01

interesting why the blanked out the heading

judge will want to know why

i can tell you now, thats no hp agreement

a regulated agreement would have a termination point on it

pay xyz and return the vehicle and owe nothing

thats a fixed sum loan agreement

what the curent state of play on this surfer

If we could pay xyz and return the vehicle we would have done so already but cannot do so as it si a cash loan according to Toyota finance. IMHO this is a very dodgy contract in that it has not been formulated correctly.

We are still making reduced paymenst through CCCs and still have the car in out possesion. We just don't want a DCA baning on our door every now and then although we have today posted a letetr by recorded mail indicating that we do nto want door step callers at all as per the template. I suppose their net step if the are foolish enough is to take it to court and issue a summons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

Here is the latest threatogram and it sounds very intimidating. Anglia have only tried to contact me on one occasion. On several occasions I have written to Toyota but they never reply. As for the body of the letter, surely an officer of the court will only attend my home if I don't comply with the decision of the court? As for the charging order we rent so no real issue there and the amount outstanding is for £6400. Not employed at present so attachment of earnings goes out the window. Considering we are paying on a regualr basis at least two thirds of the monthly amount originally agreed on the loan, I am astonished at their hard nose attitude.

I have copies of signatures for mail received. In addition, Toyota were advised by myself that I had entered into a DMP with CCCs and CCCs contacted them to advise about the DMP and whether they agree to the lower payments but Toyota chose not to reply. No surprise there then.

Looks like they may now try and pursue it through the courts.

Toyotademand215012010.jpg

Edited by Surfer01

Letter was dated 12/01/2010. As I don't think the agreement is enforceable as the T & Cs are not on the back of the agreemant and when i requested a true copy they only sent a copy of the agreement and not the T & Cs.

Hi this is interesting, i own a toyota and had a small amount of finance on it. Due to a banking error i had to re-instate all my direct debits but in the mean time Toyota desided to try and get the car back! they demanded i pay the full amount owing and even sent a baliff out! I had never had any letters and they claimed they ahd left a message on my answer machine. Problem there.....I don't have one! They then had the cheek to take the payment arrears out of my account! They have now had neearly four thousand pounds out of my dad as the baliff came when he was there and he paid it with out me knowing, I only owed 1500 on it! and ideas??????

Are you sure that it was a bailiff and not a DCA. If it was a bailiff then you would have had court papers etc and then defaulted befroe a bailiff is sent out.

I know Toyota have a nasty habit of not replying to letters sent to them by customers. In ther collections department there is one particulairly loathsome creature who tries to belittle you when you phone in to make a payment.

Hi Surfer

It was a baliff. I was out working at the time, (run own business and my dad was baby sitting doggies) I couldn't belive her did it.

I know what you mean by the collections dept' one of them shouted at me down the phone, I got her name and reported her but you never get a straight answer! one department says one thing and another department says another, I'll never have another toyota. I've sent aletter via recorded today to the top person over the customer services etc..... I doubt i will recieve a reply.

I even should my bank statement to prove that the money had gone out but they challenged it, saying they don't belive bank statments. Can you believe these people.