TXTloan refusing to help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan with TXTloan this month. It's not something I do often but I do usually find TXTloan easy to deal with, convenient and not too expensive. I borrowed £100 and will be paying back £110 on 30th Sept...

EXCEPT that this morning, while I was straphanging on the bus, some scrote nicked my wallet out of my bag. Luckily all that was in there was about a fiver in cash, some stamps, my Nectar card and my Debit card. More upset about losing the actual wallet, to be honest, and some photos that were in it... Anyway, Natwest cancelled the Debit card straight away when I called them, replacement to come, very efficient.

But then I emailed TXTloan and explained my circumstances - I am happy to pay back my loan but won't have a replacement debit card for a week-ish, so can I have bank details to do a transfer. Answer: NO. Absolutely not. Unless we can take funds from your debit card on the 30th, you'll be charged myriad fees and penalties and we'll strike you down forever blah blah. Me: but I don't HAVE a debit card, it's been stolen. THEM: tough.

Any advice??

Just a quick reply i would check your bank account on the 30th as they still maybe able to get payment from the card as they will keep trying to take payment as this is the only details they have for you, i know it don't help with your question much but im sure someone who knows more will be along soon

mightyroyals

Well, if they can take payment from my card all the better - at least they won't try to charge me for being late... Although Natwest did say the card would be cancelled immediately as it was stolen - my PIN wasn't with it or anything, and I've checked and no-one's tried to use it online or anything today.

I took out a loan with TXTloan this month. It's not something I do often but I do usually find TXTloan easy to deal with, convenient and not too expensive. I borrowed £100 and will be paying back £110 on 30th Sept...

EXCEPT that this morning, while I was straphanging on the bus, some scrote nicked my wallet out of my bag. Luckily all that was in there was about a fiver in cash, some stamps, my Nectar card and my Debit card. More upset about losing the actual wallet, to be honest, and some photos that were in it... Anyway, Natwest cancelled the Debit card straight away when I called them, replacement to come, very efficient.

But then I emailed TXTloan and explained my circumstances - I am happy to pay back my loan but won't have a replacement debit card for a week-ish, so can I have bank details to do a transfer. Answer: NO. Absolutely not. Unless we can take funds from your debit card on the 30th, you'll be charged myriad fees and penalties and we'll strike you down forever blah blah. Me: but I don't HAVE a debit card, it's been stolen. THEM: tough.

Any advice??

Message from TxtLoan to nonymouse and readers of this blog.

Firstly, in such unfortunate situations as far as one has sufficient funds available and account is not suspended there is no problem on due date.

On the other hand, if you have cancelled the card simply notify us in writing ([email protected]) and we will find other means for the payment.

We are sorry if you have had bad customer support experience, we are here to help and not make things more difficult.

TxtLoan Team

Dear Txtloan team

If you had read my post above, and if you had read the email I sent you yesterday, you will note that I HAVE notified you in writing that I have cancelled the card as the card has been stolen and I HAVE offered to make other arrangements for the payment. Unfortunately, the reply you sent to my email made it clear that you are not willing to make alternative arrangements for payment. Funny how you can come onto a public website and be all lovely and nice and 'here to help' but you can't do that when I contact you by email, isn't it?

IF you send me your bank account details I WILL make payment of the £110 I owe you tomorrow by direct payment. I will NOT be paying any further charges for late payment.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

hi i am dealing with these clowns - whilst i take full responsibility for taking the loan the help any off these companies offer if u come into trouble is a joke - i sent them a letter stating i couldnt pay back and can i set up an arrnagmeent they declined and said that for a £100 loan total i would pay back is now £200 if they cant take full payment from my account i have said fine send it outside company and then i will negotiate with them and get them to take off the unlawfull charges

in reality wen these companies sell your debt the sell it for around 80% of the value becasue they are making money anyway as they are covered by insurance plus they get the money from the sale of your debt so its happy days for them

They are nothing short of useless I can tell you!!

I sent them a snotty email telling them to stop calling me at work and they replied and said that they were not calling me as my debt had been passed to a DCA - well funnily enough, I recall they have an internal DCA, also quoted them the telephone number, have now just had an email asking for my mobile number so they can identify me, funny how the guys surname is nastasio!!! Wonder if that is made up or not LOL!!!

Are we able to get the unlawful charges removed by going down the same process as you do with the banks and credit cards?

the unlawfull charges can be removed by yourself just have to stick to your guns if these people threaten you with legal action tell them great see u in court as they would not go to court as they no there apr is ridiclous and there contracts are not worth the paper there written on also fair enough we all took out these debts granted but if they were willing to help we wouldnt be refusing to pay there silly prices negotiate well and u can save yaself a fortune all these companies are insured and if they do pass it over to collection agent u have won casue they are easy to deal with and accept full and final settlements offers - some companies maybe not on first letter but if u chuck in sob story about how ure thinking or going bankrupt as its your only option or u are moving abroad for family reasons they bite your arm off as they think they will never see a penny little bit is more than none

Hi all, new to this site, but had to join as I am having a nightmare with txtloans. When I applied for one loan, after being 2 weeks away on holiday I rcvd emails stating I was overdue and owed 200 on one loan. Apparently I had requested 2 "parallel loans" without even knowing it, even tho my website screenshot only showed one and I had never heard of 2 Parallel Loans!! Has anyone here ever had 2 parallel loans going the same time with txt loan. They claimed it was for a valuable customer although they never informed me ever about such an offer. I have now today rcvd an email stating that there Parallel Loans offer has been withdrawn by the company, but I am adamant that this has only been used to throw me off the scent that they had messed up and I should have never had 2! It has caused loads of problems with txtloan not once ever offering a reason or reply. I want to find out if this is all one big lie by a horrible company or whether I am one of many who have had these parallel loans. Their website and terms and conditions dont say anything at all about it- HAVE I BEEN LIED TO FOR MONTHS BY A SQUIRMY LITTLE LOAN COMPANY??? PLEASE HELP

• 1 month later...

what do u expect there call center is in estonia...these people do not have a shred of compassion in them yes u owe the money yes u want to pay but because circumstances change ie wallets stolen etc they will not accept any other form of pmt...ridiculous

customer service skills need improving out there me thinks

• 1 month later...

I understand the frustration of the original poster as it can be difficult sometimes to deal with loan providers in exceptional circumstances, although most will usually help out where a card has been stolen.

Some of the subsequent comments are also understandable to an extent, but it never ceases to surprise me how some people enter into certain credit arrangements, default on repayments and then claim that the charges are "unlawful".

I think TxtLoan offers a pretty clear service, for better or worse. If you take a £100 loan, you should be willing and able to repay the required amount back within 7 days (£110 isn't it?). It's a short-term or emergency loan. If there is a strong chance that you won't be able to pay the full amount in 7 days, you simply shouldn't take out the loan.

BTW Just because an APR is high does not mean that the charges are "unlawful" - many of the banks have already argued successfully in this respect, so be careful not to adopt such a view.

• 2 weeks later...

garysonjack, how have you been done over? By your own admission companies like txtloan have a reason to charge high APR as their lending is high risk. If you enter into an agreement knowing that you need to pay back the balance within a week or so, I'm not sure you can say that you've been done over just because you miss the repayments.

Unless something else happened to you?

• 3 weeks later...