Its not my mail

CG7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi -

I keep receiving mail from dlc for a male person who does not live here and never has. (I have lived here for over 10 years so i should know) I haven't opened the mail obviously but it gives the address on the back of the envelope and i presume its demands of some form.

I keep returning the mail through the post office, but it keeps on coming back - Whats the best thing to do.

Regards,

cg

Just keep on sticking it back in the post, it's costing them money to continually send post to the wrong address!

So if they haven't got the message by now then thats their lookout..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yep just keep crossing out the delivery address and writing RTS NOT KNOWN on the envelope.

It might be something simple like a letter of the postcode was entered incorrectly hence bring up you street name.

Or it might be some kind of fraud, get a copy of your credit file to make sure there is nothing listed at your address for this person.

Or it could well be the person who lived there before you, the collection agencies are chasing all kinds of old debts.

Open them and see what they say then thrown them in the bin. Luckly the law of my land allows me to do this because as the judge said to me the last time I was hauled in front of him 'your a law unto your own' and if a judge has agreed with me over that then I must be right.

One is actually permitted to open mail that has been delivered to your address, in order to re-address said mail/delivered items.

I suggest, that you telephone Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06;

Consumer Direct provide advice on behalf of the Trading Standards Service;

Trading Standards, are the Consumer arm of the "Office of Fair Trading".

Consumer Direct, will advise you about, how to put a STOP to this unwanted mail.

Please telephone Consumer Direct tomorrow.

Good Luck.

AC

• 2 months later...
One is actually permitted to open mail that has been delivered to your address, in order to re-address said mail/delivered items.

I suggest, that you telephone Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06;

Consumer Direct provide advice on behalf of the Trading Standards Service;

Trading Standards, are the Consumer arm of the "Office of Fair Trading".

Consumer Direct, will advise you about, how to put a STOP to this unwanted mail.

Please telephone Consumer Direct tomorrow.

Good Luck.

AC

Dont open mail that is not addressed to you,i am imformed that it is a criminal offences openning mail Not addressed to you by a phone call i made to Royal mail customer services a while back.......

Just pop in back in the post marked "Not known at this address" and Royal mail will do the rest,even if it doesn't have a return address on,Royal mail returns letter branch are allowed to open mail in theses cases.

MARTIN

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

The legalities of opening mail which has not been addressed to you but has been delivered to your property aren't as black and white as RM would like us to believe.

After all, I live here, and IMO I am entitled to know who or what I might expect when I answer the door, be it Bailiffs, Police, Jealous ex etc..

I frequently have opened next doors mail in 'error', and on having seen that it is addressed to them, simply put it back in the envelope and handed it to them and apologised.

I have never heard of one person being convicted of opening and reading mail that is not intended for them, certainly not on opening a single letter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!