Car Clamping

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thank you for that post 'The freedom Trail' I watched it with interest, there was cetainly no signs near where I parked

OK here are more photos of this car park

here's the entrance

PICT0090.jpg

PICT0090.jpg

PICT0086.jpg

You drive in and head to the rear right hand side.

PICT0080.jpg

Here you can see that these signs are not fixed, this one has been turned to face the other way. I think this is a good argument in court.

The first visible sign is in the next row. here

PICT0081.jpg

But the entrance to the burger house is to the left, you miss this sign walking the other way.

More pics of the car park.

PICT0082.jpg

PICT0084.jpg

The first visible sign here is right down the other end.

PICT0085.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK there is a bit of a sting in the tail here.

This one

PICT0099-1.jpg

PICT0098.jpg

However this is new, it deffo wasnt there when I first visited here.

I would have taken a shot of it, and im more than willing to make a statement to that effect in court.

Nic, thank you so much, these are excellant, yes, there definately wasn't a sign there before, cheeky whatsits, I am going to try and compose my letter and court submission tomorrow, you have been so helpful. I did receive your email, and responded but not sure if you got my response. The video would be interesting, is it digital? if so, can it be sent to my email address??? - not sure if this is possible or not.

Once again, thank you so much for all your help so far, and will advise as things progress.

Regards Chook girl

Nic, thank you so much, these are excellant, yes, there definately wasn't a sign there before, cheeky whatsits, I am going to try and compose my letter and court submission tomorrow, you have been so helpful. I did receive your email, and responded but not sure if you got my response. The video would be interesting, is it digital? if so, can it be sent to my email address??? - not sure if this is possible or not.

Once again, thank you so much for all your help so far, and will advise as things progress.

Regards Chook girl

The email was a ping, I got the reply so we connected.icon10.gif

Will attempt to send the video via email. If not I will send a disk.

OK there is a bit of a sting in the tail here.

This one

PICT0099-1.jpg

PICT0098.jpg

However this is new, it deffo wasnt there when I first visited here.

I would have taken a shot of it, and im more than willing to make a statement to that effect in court.

See if you can get a witness from within the store confirming when the new signage was errected. Better still, is there anyway you could request a copy of the CCTV footage from BK showing the signage being put up.

That aside, it looks very dodgy to me. Furthermore, it appears that one sign is facing the footpath with its back to the car park? Interesting.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Update:

Well I guess it will come as no surprise that I haven't even had the courtesy of reply to my letter (14 days) ,so it looks like the courts beckon.

Just wondered if I should send a second letter or go straight to 'action'.

rgds

Smudge

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to add my experience of this to this thread, which I've found really interesting, and worrying, to read.

We were clamped on Saturday 28th. We parked, fully intending to be BK customers, but found that the store had not yet opened in the morning. We nipped over the road for cash while we waited for the opening time and were gone no longer than 8 minutes. When we got back, both our cars were clamped, costing us £250!

The 'operative' offered us no sympathy or understanding whatsoever. He was rude to both me and my wife, who is now very upset about the whole experience.

I am in the process of complaining to BSG Security Ltd., Caspian Food Services (the francisee of Havant BK), the SIA, and local press. I am furious about the circumstances of our immobalisation, and with how the operative treated us when we returned.

The most worrying factor about all this is the lack of any common sense applied to whether or not a person deserves to be clamped. In our case, if the clamper had left us for another 10 minutes, he would have seen us become BK customers with legitimate right to park there!

This must be stopped! I urge anyone who has had a similar experience to write to Caspian Food Services at the address below in complaint. If enough people complain and boycott the restaurant until the clampers are removed, they have to start listening!

Caspian Food Services Ltd.

Cedars

2 High Street

Bagshot

Surrey

GU19 5AE

I'll keep you posted if I receive any response.

I agree, I'm not going to get any money out of them, but that's not the only thing I'm going for. I want Caspian Foods to stop using them as a clamping company. They are responsible for actions taken on their land, and only by continued complaints from customers will they be persuaded to end the contract they have with BSG. Don't you think?

Yeh, I see what you both mean. Taking them to court would be more useful than just writing I agree.

Do you think I have a case to do that? As far as I can tell nothing they've done is actually illegal (even though I believe it should be!), so I thought a court would probably just throw it out.

If you think it's worth a try though, I'm happy to look into it.