What does stay mean

lulu22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi thank you for your reply.the claiment is howard cohen/cl finance.When i filled my defence i had a letter from the court saying they would pass this on to the claiment if they wish to proceed they had 28 days to reply.after that date the claim will be stayed.I rang the court today as the time is up and was told by the court that if they hear nothing from cl finance by close of today then the case will be stayed.I just need to know what this means and what i need to do next.Many thanks

Ok, sorry my mistake. Have just re-read your original post, only slowly this time

Although if you have defended the claim in full, (rather than admitting part of the claim) I still don't understand why the claim should be stayed.

Can you give some more details of the claim

The case will remain stayed until the Claimants wish to proceed in which case you will recieve an AQ (allocation Questionnair) if not as Michael states above you can apply to have the claim struck out if the Claimant does not issue a notice of discontinuence.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi it is a long story but i will try to keep it short.Cl finance claim i owe them money [an account they bought from HSBC]this claim was made up of bank charges etc going overdrawn etc.But i have a bank statement that shows that this account was closed way back in 2006 with a balance of £o.ooHope that all makes sence If they havent replyed by close of today and it is stayed what do i do next.Many thanks

Hi can someone please tell me what i need to do next.Many thanks

Already have in post 5

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread