Claim Stayed – Due to Unenforceable CCA Test Cases.

Blondie40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope it really is good news at last.

M&S sent me an application form back for my cca request with no prescribed terms. The application form did not contain my personal details and was not in my handwriting. I wrote back and stated the facts and they then sent an illegible copy of the same document. I again wrote back and complained and they then sent what they call a reconstituted document with no details on. They stated the account was not now in dispute and swiftly passed it to a DCA called dlc who keep hounding me. This was after another DCA had already passed it back to them.

Please lets have some good news for once.................

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

judgement passed down 10 am Xmas Eve

and a big F*** you to the banks who thought they would get away with blagging "reconstituted" agreements

the law is black and white and thank the lord it has been applied correctly.

Baggio states 10am on December 24th!

i have not got a copy of the judgement, but i have spoken directly to a chambers that have got a copy... and the banks did not succeed in their attempts to get away with simply providing updated T&Cs in response to a sec 77/78.

the judgement will state they need to disclose a direct link to these T&Cs and the original agreement.... which we all know they will struggle to provide.

happy xmas :)

• Haha 1

i have not got a copy of the judgement, but i have spoken directly to a chambers that have got a copy... and the banks did not succeed in their attempts to get away with simply providing updated T&Cs in response to a sec 77/78.

the judgement will state they need to disclose a direct link to these T&Cs and the original agreement.... which we all know they will struggle to provide.

happy xmas :)

Good news to a degree Baggio but does this not mean that the strict provisions stated in the statute as to the original agreement having to be provided in the prescribed manner is somewhat diluted. I suspect the banks will still attempt to create falsehoods regarding a direct link to keep the issues fudged as well. I do of course hope I am proved wrong.

G

Good news to a degree Baggio but does this not mean that the strict provisions stated in the statute as to the original agreement having to be provided in the prescribed manner is somewhat diluted. I suspect the banks will still attempt to create falsehoods regarding a direct link to keep the issues fudged as well. I do of course hope I am proved wrong.

G

All i can say is that the legal fraternity working alongside CMCs are over the moon with the judgement and are preparing to issue proceedings on thousands of these type of cases.

Good news but I feel this would be a far greater victory if it weren't for McGuffick - okay, I know that centres on a very narrow area of enforceability, but given that ruling how severe are the consequences of failure to adhere to a s77/78(1) request?

The test case I'd like to see is one which defines enforcement. Still cannot believe a Judge has ruled that starting court action, with the specific intention of enforcing the debt, is not enforcement!

All i can say is that the legal fraternity working alongside CMCs are over the moon with the judgement and are preparing to issue proceedings on thousands of these type of cases.

Excellent news Baggio, when do you think you will have a copy of the judgement. You are our inside man.....

Just had a letter from the court today saying my case (thread, Natwest taking me to court) has also been stayed pending the cases being heard in the Manchester Mercantile Court.

Can't wait until tomorrow... fingers crossed everyone

x:)x

I was in court today with Cohens,

This was the second case management hearing,

Cohens have recently admitted to reconstructing a DN ,

The judge stayed the case and transferred it to manchester pending the outcome of the test cases,

Heres the thread, interesting read,Cohens have been very naughty indeed :eek:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/237020-can-howard-cohen-reconstruct.html

texanbar & dizzyblonde, I've just read both your threads in full. IMO it appears the other sides solicitors are trying to pull the wool over the court's eyes in texanbar's case and the judge in dizzyblonde's case was looking for a quick way out of court today!

The Manchester cases (and please someone correct me if I am wrong here) are to determine whether the bank's etc can get away with 'reconstructing' documents in order to meet requests for documents under Ss77/78 of the Act. If they fail to do so, the claims management companies [CMCs] that are behind the cases in Manchester, and then proceed to get the credit card debt/loan quashed on the grounds that the credit agreement is unenforceable/does not exist. In short, the CMCs are trying to use the Act as a sword to fight the banks who are running scared.

Both texanbar and dizzyblonde are defending claims brought by the creditor banks. They have asked for copy agreements as part of the litigation and are using the Act as the shield that it was always intended to be by Parliament to defend themselves.

If the judgment in the Manchester cases wasn't expected tomorrow, I would suggest fighting the 'adjournments'. As it is, if the decision is as we have been led to expect, (and with the holiday season) I don't think there is a great deal lost. But if the case in Manchester does go against the banks, then IMO both these cases should be pursued with all vigour. Use the existing sections of the Act (Ss61, 65 & 127(3) if possible) together with the existing case law.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Docman,to be honest the judge did seem very uninterested today,

On the last case management hearing he was very friendly and helpfull and ordered cohens to respond to my defence,

hence the reason they ended up admitting the DN was not a copy of the orignal but a reconstruction,which is why i thought the judge would want answers from them today regarding their actions

However i will fight this all the way, Cohens offered me a deal a few weeks ago with a 50% reduction, they havnt got a hope in hell of me accepting any deal apart from them discontinuing , im going all the way with this, the claim is flawed on every aspect, cca, Dn, Noa, pre court protocol etc

However im just a little confused about what happens next after a case is stayed,as this is my first one ,will i be able to go for a strike out when the manchester decision is announced tommorrow

DB

Edited by dizzyblonde1966

I believe that an application to lift a stay can come from either party but happy to be corrected.

dizzyblonde, if I am right, then you could ask for the stay to be lifted in the New Year, particularily as we will know the result of the Manchester cases by then.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request