What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After years of nagging by my wife (Turn that TV down its too loud etc), just to shut her up I have had my hearimg checked. It turns out that I need hearing aids in both ears. When she told me the cost my reply was "Jeez my hearing must be really bad because I swear you just said 18 hundred quid!"

Coming home from holiday and realising we have 30 quid to see us through til the 15th as there is no sign of my jsa yet or even a letter about my claim despite my claim being made over two weeks ago!!!!!!!

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

That's part of the reason for disability allowances though - extra travelling costs, and aids and adaptations do cost companies more to provide. At least these days hotels, public buildings etc are required to make consider the needs of disabled people, in this country at least. I can remember the time when disabled people couldn't even leave the house much because even footpaths were a problem with no slopes, and they just couldn't get into anywhere without steps.

I see your point Nys, but when I was confined to a wheelchair for a while I couldn't even go to school because I couldn't get in the building, let alone up to the 4th floor.

I'm not saying things are perfect now, but I do think there is much better consideration given for the needs of disabled people.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The thought of having to go, cap in hand, at 31, to my parents for a sub!!! Jeez!! We didn't spend that much last week as we knew we didn't have it!! Expected to have at least a bit to last us a week but, thanks to hsbc charging us for letting us keep our overdrafts for another year, we have about 30 to last!

Really feel like giving up now!! :(

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Talk about assumptions! Not all disabled people receive such allowances.

I'm not the one assuming anything. For example I don't receive any allowances, yet I've had many people suggest I should, and also that I should apply for a blue badge. On the other hand my mother did receive disability allowances which were intended to enable her to carry on a "normal" life. Unfortunately her disabilities were too bad for her to go anywhere as she got worse over many years.

I was just making a point that disabled facilities do cost.

I don't know your circumstances so I can only comment on my own knowledge and experience.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You really are clueless - why should a disabled person pay more for the same holiday just because they have a disability and require a few simple adjustments? Many of the extra help / adjustments don't cost the huge difference quoted by the companies.

There's no way this can be justified.

You really are clueless.

Really? What was that about assumptions?

You're entitled to your opinions, as I am to mine, so I'll leave the matter there.

Painting the living room door having rubbed down to give a really good surface, applying paint (possibly the best coverage for smoothness and finish that I've ever got) and at the "Tacky" stage of drying to have the cat brush past it and leave what looks like 90% of his fur on it.

Now got furry door and tabby with blotches of white on him.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

ims

Oh dear. . . Cat keeps bringing in Mice for us. That's 3 this week, 2 were dead already the other one I had to chase down and catch before it went under the fridge. Cute little thing when I had a close look at it.. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Oh dear. . . Cat keeps bringing in Mice for us. That's 3 this week, 2 were dead already the other one I had to chase down and catch before it went under the fridge. Cute little thing when I had a close look at it.. .

Yeah, ours brings us presents too.....he brought a live bat in once......it was fun trying to catch that!

ims

he brought a live bat in once......it was fun trying to catch that!

ims

OMG!!!! Hills was that you?

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Painting the living room door having rubbed down to give a really good surface, applying paint (possibly the best coverage for smoothness and finish that I've ever got) and at the "Tacky" stage of drying to have the cat brush past it and leave what looks like 90% of his fur on it.

Now got furry door and tabby with blotches of white on him.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

ims

:madgrin:

A neighbours nasty cat (this cat was badly looked after) stuck its paws into some creosote that was being used on a fence, said cat never ventured into our area again!

We had a load of cats and one day there was a party at our house, one of my brothers friends was sitting on the stairs stroking a cat and commented 'this is a new one isn't it?' On investigation it wasn't one of ours and went back home after the weekend! It occasionally visited but we never did find its owners...

I was cursing today because I've lost some bits for one of my knitting machines and it might be expensive to replace, however found alternative parts to use so not as bad as expected - but still got lots of stuff to go through in garage. Determined to have it clear by end of week.

House very near by seems to live across the road from sister or sister in law, fine.

But why do they have to live their lives in the middle of the streets. They open up their respective doors and just shout full conversations accross the road including reference to her ars*. Considering these two families which are in and out of each others houses constantly, you would think they could talk to hearts content without other neighbours feeling the set of eastenders or coronation street had not descended on us!!!!!!!!!!

They are not nice people anyway moaning about noise of kids would you believe in gardens including the one and only time my kids were having a whale of a time on the trampoline and openly spouted how noisey these items were because it encouraged nagging from their kids, that they wanted one!!!!!!!!!

On one pccassion heard the kiddies moaning they wanted some railway track to play with in the garden, nowt being nosey but you can hear them as they shout for all to hear. Decided on knowing that my kids had a huge stock of brio wooden railway still in the garage which was not cheap but thought better go to good use, I made up the situation as having clear out and would they like the railway for the kids to play with in the garden.

Either the uncle or the grand dad answered the door and replied, I dont want your CRAP and slammed the door.

So I learnt they are not to be bothered with and thats been fine, but I do find it annoying how I have to listen to their daily muses when my windows are shut and their gobs are louder than the TV.

Phew feel better for that rant.

Feel like I live near waynetta and her chums with them:lol:

Wonder if they would get the hint if I once a day informed all the hear when my bowel movement had occured:lol:

Only joking on the latter comment:madgrin: