What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't sound good breaking a foot and not have the support of a plaster!

There are a lot of bones in the foot and if they are not aloowed to fix correctly they can lead to increased pain and further problems later in life.

Make sure he takes good over the counter painkillers regularly and elevates his foot to prevent swelling or he will find himself off sick for a while.

Nurse has spoken!!

Thanks NO. It's the bone on the outside so it's important in distributing the weight properly through the other bones. I am worried but also totally understand why he can't have a pot as it's for our business and he really has no choice at the mo. It's a bloody horrible situation to be in and I hate the fact that I can't do anything, I just want to make him not hurt and feel horrible that he's even having to make such a decision. They gave him some strong prescription strength painkillers and I got him some diclofenac tablets yesterday for the swelling as that's pretty bad. Poor thing is black and blue. Anybody out there with a magic wand? Izzy wizzy lets's get bizzy!

Hope you are ok BB x

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

If nothing else Mungy...... get him to rest it and elevate it.

When the swelling goes down a bit it will feel a bit easier.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Do creditors have a built in radar for when you start back at work or something?!?!?

I did my first shift yesterday in my new job. Today, I've had two phonecalls about my debts!!!!

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

these vermin:

http resignwire info/ (had to alter that as im not allowed to post links)

404 error when visit anyway.

keep spamming my inbox with loan offers thanx to wentworth direct finance

replied to them (i know i shouldnt have) with some choice words and their totally ultra spamming me now lol - bastards!

reported to spamcop

Watch out the Spammers are doing the rounds here again.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

My new camera. My old one is almost dead, and my daughter is in a school play tomorrow, so I bought a new one.

Why, oh why, do manufacturers think you should spend an enormous amount of money on a new product and not be given a manual? The "manual" is a CD. You download it and instead of finding instructions on how to work the camera you get a sign up to mystupidpix or something like that, so you download it, and are the instructions anywhere to be found? No, of course not, instead you have "joined" their community and can share pictures, and God knows what else. I don't want to join their bl**dy community; I want to know how the ****ing camera works. If you go to the link on the stuff they do give you, you get the German website. Finally, after searching several times, I found you can get their manual online, so why, oh why, can't they give you the link for that in the first place. I have been messing about for three hours. I am so cross I have smoke coming out of my ears. Where is the smiley for smoke coming out of ears?

I've got a new toolbar I don't want. God knows how I'll get rid of it.

Seriously, are these manufacturers saying, "If you don't have a computer there is no point in buying our product because you aren't going to be given instructions on how to work it." :mad2: :mad2::frusty::frusty::-x:-x

If I didn't need it first thing tomorrow I'd take it back to the shop and tell them I am only buying a camera which actually comes with written instructions. Now I've found the instructions online it's easy to use, but with no instructions you could guess for hours and still get it wrong. If I don't record her performance properly tomorrow it's gone forever.

Sorry. Rant over.

DD

To hide the unwanted toolbar right click on the toolbar area, a list of toolbars will show up, unclick the one you don't want and reboot pc.

I have to visit DSS tomorrow to sign on - hopefully for last time... my paperwork is up to date AND I have phone bills printed out with numbers highlighted.

Hi DD,

I hope you get a successful vid sounds like you have it sussed. You've prob sorted it now but usually it's first, press power on button, turn dial to vid symbol then press button you would use to take a still. Record is then shown on screen and you're rolling:whoo: Good luck with camera and have a fab day. BTW there's always plan B, a nice person there who is brill with digi cameras:-D

P.S are you fully charged? Lol

Edited by determindator
Sending Karma

Hi determindator,

And thank you for sending karma.

I've still got some to read. My main concern was whether I had to hold down the button when I was recording, or press to start and press to stop. I haven't got to that bit yet but I'm sure it'll explain it. I was, somewhat optimistically, expecting things like the review button to be the same as my last camera (Kodak) which I loved. I am so rubbish at new technology: we need a new TV, and CD player and I just go into places like PC World/Dixons and run out again. I've looked at CD players and they are supposed to have ipod docks!!!!!!! And I can't find any that link up to turntables because I still want to play my old 45s and 33s (not 78s - even I'm not that old), and as for downloading them - aaagh. Unfortunately my lovely male friends have either got married, or moved away, or died, and I'm totally confused by all of it.

Thank you all.

Love,

DDxxx

Hi determindator,

I've still got some to read. My main concern was whether I had to hold down the button when I was recording, or press to start and press to stop. I haven't got to that bit yet but I'm sure it'll explain it. I was, somewhat optimistically, expecting things like the review button to be the same as my last camera (Kodak) which I loved. I am so rubbish at new technology: we need a new TV, and CD player and I just go into places like PC World/Dixons and run out again. I've looked at CD players and they are supposed to have ipod docks!!!!!!! And I can't find any that link up to turntables because I still want to play my old 45s and 33s (not 78s - even I'm not that old), and as for downloading them - aaagh. Unfortunately my lovely male friends have either got married, or moved away, or died, and I'm totally confused by all of it.

Thank you all.

Love,

DDxxx

Oh dear, you are not having a good week. If you get a CD Player make sure it has an Auxillary connection, normally you can connect something like a turntable to it using a Red and Black lead.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

OMG. Just got a call from sons school to ask why he was not in for his science exam!!!!!!!!

It had started 20mins ago.:-x

Rang taxi and got him to leave just now and teachers are waiting for him at the gate.

I hope they have some facility to help him still sit it or perhaps he will just sit it late for left time available.

Son tells me the teacher told him next exam was 27th and school reply I dont know where he got that from, so told son he as in son probably confused the dates and to get there asap.

I had no idea as school had them only having to attend for exams now and I as parent was not sent any schedule just had to rely on son.

Hope all will still be okay xx

Think he lost track of time with not having to physically attend school but for exams.

I know the exams is in parts so hoping not all is lost xx

ps. Rang school back to say thanks for helping us otherwise he would have been none the wiser or me for that fact. They were lovely and said please to help and these things happen.

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011

Hi determindator,

Thank you all.

Love,

DDxxx

Mother, is that you?